Home

Fielders arm strength or lack thereof

This is a discussion on Fielders arm strength or lack thereof within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Fielders arm strength or lack thereof

I'm playing MOM (I don't know if this is a problem in other modes or not) but when a ball is hit to one of my infielders they lob the ball to 2nd and as a result there aren't very many DP's. Is this a glitch or is this something that can be fixed with sliders? Has anyone else noticed this because it's happening to me a lot. Very rarely do I see an infielder fire the ball to 2nd to try and start a DP. In some cases they don't even get the lead runner because the ball is delivered so slowly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Fielders arm strength or lack thereof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
I'm playing MOM (I don't know if this is a problem in other modes or not) but when a ball is hit to one of my infielders they lob the ball to 2nd and as a result there aren't very many DP's. Is this a glitch or is this something that can be fixed with sliders? Has anyone else noticed this because it's happening to me a lot. Very rarely do I see an infielder fire the ball to 2nd to try and start a DP. In some cases they don't even get the lead runner because the ball is delivered so slowly.
I'm in the same boat, no matter if I tap the button to 2nd or hold it down, no matter they just lob it very slowly! It's awful! Would love to know if this can be fixed?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Finally someone else notices what I suggested to TNK sliders. Try the arms on 7 and let me know how it goes.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Rookie

CCDaDon's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you hold the button till the meter is full and then get it in the green the second time around?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

infielder arms maybe, but outfielder arms are ridiculously high at default. Seen plenty of fast guys on easy doubles gunned down at second
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

I believe someone pointed out in a MoM thread that this has nothing to do with arm strength at all. The lob is only occurring because the 2b or SS is not to the bag at 2nd base yet to receive the throw.

It seems there is an issue with the infield shifts in MoM. The teams are not defaulting to double play depth with a runner on first base and less than 2 outs. It's taking longer for them to get to the bag at 2nd.

Hopefully this can be worked on, but I would not adjust arm strength because it will not help in this area.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I thought I read throws are pressure sensitive and the meter is for accuracy. Try mashing that button.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
I believe someone pointed out in a MoM thread that this has nothing to do with arm strength at all. The lob is only occurring because the 2b or SS is not to the bag at 2nd base yet to receive the throw.

It seems there is an issue with the infield shifts in MoM. The teams are not defaulting to double play depth with a runner on first base and less than 2 outs. It's taking longer for them to get to the bag at 2nd.

Hopefully this can be worked on, but I would not adjust arm strength because it will not help in this area.
So if we moved the defense to DP depth that should help then, correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »