Home

What adjustments do you make for your TV??? Need some help....

This is a discussion on What adjustments do you make for your TV??? Need some help.... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5
What adjustments do you make for your TV??? Need some help....

Just trying to get some feedback from the community on this particular topic....

I currently own a 32" Vizio, which I use for gaming. It's a well-known issue that there is noticeable lag, especially when hitting, even when the TV is set to "Game Mode". I was using TNK's sliders with minimal adjustments on my old flat screen TV, and I was hitting just fine. However, ever since I got the new TV, I've had to start tweaking sliders again just to get a decent offensive output. Right now, I'm lucky to get 7-8 hits a game, which is pretty frustrating.

I'm just trying to see what slider adjustmens people make/have made to combat this particular issue. There's zero chance that I go back to my old TV, because the game looks so damn good on the Vizio. I think it has to do with adjusting the timing/solid hits sliders in conjunction with each other, but I just haven't been able to find the sweet spot just yet.

Any thoughts??? Suggestions???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What adjustments do you make for your TV??? Need some help....

Honestly, gaming lag is an issue that doesn't seem to go away. It is inherent in LCD technology for now and forever more, or at least that's how I feel.

The only fix is to "live with it" as long as you have the TV. I did with my 23" LCD for four years. It annoyed me, it pissed me off, and I didn't like having that issue. Once I got my plasma, my eyes re-opened. It almost felt as if things happened on the screen before I pushed my button, it was so responsive. I can't fathom going back to an LCD again. I once brought my PS3 to my friend's house so we could play PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and just in the XMB I was already complaining in my head (I think he has a Vizio as well).

People suggest to turn off all processing features, which may help very little... but it won't resolve the surrounding issue that you, in fact, have a TV with lag. Best of luck to you mate.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

There is a known issue with Vizio TVs that you have to set game mode off then on again even if it says on to begin with. I have a 42" Vizio & i have to do this everytime i fire up the PS3. It is annoying but it only takes a few seconds.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

I had the same problem as you man, but I recently bought a plasma Tv and lag on it is non-existent. I know your pain!

Try visiting this thread for some more help:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...play-show.html

It aided me in being one of the things that helped me decide to go plasma. Good luck man!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
Just trying to get some feedback from the community on this particular topic....

I currently own a 32" Vizio, which I use for gaming. It's a well-known issue that there is noticeable lag, especially when hitting, even when the TV is set to "Game Mode". I was using TNK's sliders with minimal adjustments on my old flat screen TV, and I was hitting just fine. However, ever since I got the new TV, I've had to start tweaking sliders again just to get a decent offensive output. Right now, I'm lucky to get 7-8 hits a game, which is pretty frustrating.

I'm just trying to see what slider adjustmens people make/have made to combat this particular issue. There's zero chance that I go back to my old TV, because the game looks so damn good on the Vizio. I think it has to do with adjusting the timing/solid hits sliders in conjunction with each other, but I just haven't been able to find the sweet spot just yet.

Any thoughts??? Suggestions???

Do you have a PC mode instead of game mode? Pc mode can really cut down on the lag time
Also since the game is in 720 make sure the tv output is 720 that can also cut down on lag
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
There is a known issue with Vizio TVs that you have to set game mode off then on again even if it says on to begin with. I have a 42" Vizio & i have to do this everytime i fire up the PS3. It is annoying but it only takes a few seconds.
Does this actually help??? I don't see a crazy amount of lag, like some people do. But what I do notice is I'm very rarely able to turn on a fastball the way I want to. And even when I seem to be right on it, the swing feedback says that I'm "just late". Adjusting the timing slider helps, but then it seems that I only get hits on doubles and HRs.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

It helped in my case. I firet noticed it when i played Battlefield 3 & I could tell that my button press & game response were off. So i went online & found that info i posted. Now the lag is gone when you toggle on/off. You can tell too cause when switching the Game Mode off or on your tv should flicker like when you change a channel.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2

If with game mode you still have lag then there is zero you can do at this point.

Vizio sucks for gaming anyway. So does Samsung even though the games look fantastic.

If you get a samsung plasma then the lag is greatly reduced but LED and LCD tv's are brutal for gaming on samsung unless you use game mode which degrades the pic quality.

If you cannot afford a panny or sammy plasma then I suggest getting a 23-27 inch monitor. Great for gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »