Home

Season Length

This is a discussion on Season Length within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Rookie

Tmorales13's Arena

OVR: 0
Season Length

This is usually a problem for me in MLB. I try to get through a 162 game season but always die out at like 90. What do you guys do to get through a whole season??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Season Length

I do play 1 game Sim 3. Gives you like a 40 game season or so. Allows me to do 2-3 seasons at least.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmorales13
This is usually a problem for me in MLB. I try to get through a 162 game season but always die out at like 90. What do you guys do to get through a whole season??
I have the same problem. This year I will play 1 sim 5 but I may play all division games.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

DAWNofALDUIN's Arena

I have a notebook and I play 81 games a year which usually takes me a month or two. I go through and pick the series I want to play and sim the rest.

NOTHiNG interrupts this routine. If my team isn't good enough to win most of the sim games then the front office has work to do.

To me this is the best way to go about it and keep the feel of a somewhat long season.

Go Braves!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362455086.813127.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

what i usually do is sim half the season to the all star break , and then play the rest , that way you get some sort of sim stats but yet add ur own stats by the end of the season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

I think doing the 82 game season option sounds a lot more doable than full length. That would probably be a great place to start. It takes me a full year (365 days) to complete one franchise season at 130 + games in AAA, so if you're looking for a shorter feeling season, I'd do an 82 game season and play one game a day.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
Rookie

cmg8292's Arena

OVR: 1

For MLB 12, I have 9 or 12 games left in my first season of my franchise with the Braves. I can't remember if it is 3 or 4 series. I have played every single game in the season and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I do plan on getting MLB 13 but it may not be for a couple of weeks so I am hoping to be able to finish the season and the playoffs. I played MLB 12 heavily when it first came out. I was never a fan of any other part of the game so i spent all of my time in franchise mode. I did burn out after playing it so much at some point that I played other games that I had or released that I had gotten. It was something about the show that always drew me back to it. Being that MLB 13 has revamped RTTS, it looks like that I will be spending some time in that mode as well as franchise so I will have to figure something out to be able to advance in both modes.

Emmitt Smith

Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2

First thing, I have never finished all 162 games of a season. In saying that, I think it would be one the most satisfying video game experiences if it happened.

This year I'm going to try to do it with with the Twins. Hopefully play everynight I'm home while they're playing. An average of 1.5 games every two days is plausable, and that still leaves plenty of time in the MLB regular season and playoffs to work with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »