Home

Editing players during a season/franchise

This is a discussion on Editing players during a season/franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Editing players during a season/franchise

I know guys on this site sometimes edit players who's attributes drop due to age. My question is, if you edited a younger player during the season does this stop his progression for the season or will it continue as normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Editing players during a season/franchise

I think it continues.

What happens is the +/- will disappear until the rating changes via progression/decline again.

I don't think it halts or alters his path.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I think it continues.

What happens is the +/- will disappear until the rating changes via progression/decline again.

I don't think it halts or alters his path.
Thats what I have noticed, you lose the +/- on progresssion and/or regression for a short period of time, but comes back.

Im one that is always messing with player ratings in my chise, and I havent ever noticed it effecting anything negatively or messing anything up.

I had heard that regression issue had been fixed for 14, so if it is then you shouldnt see older players just falling drastically like last yr, and its more realistic in 14. With waiting for a patch to fix things I havent gotten into the regular season yet in my chise, so I dont know for sure if the regression problem was fixed for sure or not. I have heard it is, but also have heard it isnt on the MLB show nation site, but the guy that was complaining about it compains constantly so he probably isnt a good source for the truth. Im hoping it is, cause I did get tired of having to always edit guys back up last yr, to the point that I didnt even finish 1 yr in chise.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 07-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Thats what I have noticed, you lose the +/- on progresssion and/or regression for a short period of time, but comes back.

Im one that is always messing with player ratings in my chise, and I havent ever noticed it effecting anything negatively or messing anything up.

I had heard that regression issue had been fixed for 14, so if it is then you shouldnt see older players just falling drastically like last yr, and its more realistic in 14. With waiting for a patch to fix things I havent gotten into the regular season yet in my chise, so I dont know for sure if the regression problem was fixed for sure or not. I have heard it is, but also have heard it isnt on the MLB show nation site, but the guy that was complaining about it compains constantly so he probably isnt a good source for the truth. Im hoping it is, cause I did get tired of having to always edit guys back up last yr, to the point that I didnt even finish 1 yr in chise.

So far, I haven't seen as much of the sudden collapse of older players or guys not that old but been around a while (like young guys that make a splash and have been in 12 years at 32 or something).

I have Furcal on my team and he's holding up well. Just got some -1's and -2's but nothing to where he's ready for the old-folks home. (He's just hitting like he is lol). Reed Johnson is at -2's and he's 37 (got a SEI back in April).

Seems more varied/random. Joe Nathan, I believe, is really taking hits. He's at -8's just into August.

Here's an example of what seems to be the random aspect:

Mets in my "universe" have Colon (40) and Abreu (40). Colon is getting destroyed. "Best" case for him is -8 and he has -10's in his pitch ratings. Meanwhile, Abreu has a couple -4's and the rest are -2's and -3's.

Dotel, also 40, has a lot of -7's with a few -8's. Beltre, 6 years younger, has -6's and -7's. It doesn't seem to be straight service time either - Beltre has less service (14 yrs) then Dotel (16 yrs). Colon has 16yrs and Abreu, 15.

I see a lot of 32-35 year olds with small gains or no changes dominating their line. Some have mixed progression (though some younger guys do, too, such as my Tom Koehler with some -1's at 27 years old).

Coaches probably have some aspect in this as well. I'm not using 30-team control so I can't see their coaching staffs.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:50 AM   #5
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

I see a lot of older players going down but they seem to do ok as like 90% have A potential so if they didn't regress at like 34-40 it would be insane them staying at hi 90's. I think potential has to effect regression like an older C-D will drop off real fast compared to A-B potential . Another big effect I have seen is Managers, Coaches, and Farm Directors are pretty crappy for all the teams I used. I wanted to use a rebuilding team with young players but unlike scouts you can switch out easy with not much money lost the Managers/Coaches/Farm Director usually have 2+ years and get expensive to fire and hire decent one with 3/4 positive attributes. Most you start off with have 3-4 of 4 areas in red and maybe get 1-2 positives which means you gotta wait a year or two minimum with small budgets to up your progression. I think that might be why older players declining a bit plus they are old and maybe training if u have crappy coaches don't help right areas or since are negative if u train those attributes in older players they will go down? Idk just bunch of ideas from my chides tried on 14 as most were low budget teams not rich so pick a rich team and get all coaches with positive attributes to see if drop fast the 34+ older players

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Where do you see the progression/regression numbers? The only area I've been able to find them is in the training section. Is there somewhere else that shows an overall progression/regression the players rating rather than individual ratings in training?
Old 07-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

I see them across the top of the individual ratings when viewing rosters.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've even seen some guys increase. In my Phillies rebuilding franchise Ryan Howard is at +10 across the board. His overall went from a 64 to a 75. Similar thing happened to Josh Hamilton in my Angels franchise. First season he went up 5 or 6 across the board. And neither is really having an amazing year statistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »