Home

24 Inning Game

This is a discussion on 24 Inning Game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

southpawOG's Arena

OVR: 2
24 Inning Game

Just had a 24 inning game as the Pirates @ the Dodgers.
(Hall of Fame & Analog for pitching and hitting for anyone wondering)

it was tied 2-2 forever, then in around the 15th or 16th inning i scored one and they answered in the bottom half making it 3-3. top of the 24th i crack it open and put up 3. In the bottom Adrien Gonzalez dings a 2 run shot.. 2 hits later, the score is 6-5, runners on the corners, one out, Matt Kemp at the plate and...he grounds into a double play.

Incredibly fun game. Mark Ellis went 0-11 (ouch). The 4th to 6th place record for longest game in real life are all 24 innings so this game would be in there somewhere. Night game at Dodger Stadium starting at 10pmE, probably last around 6-8 hours ending at 4am-6am (if they let it go that long). lol

What's the longest game / most innings you guys have ever played? Any crazy moments like walk offs, diving catches, etc.?

Last edited by southpawOG; 04-29-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 24 Inning Game

can't say that I've played one quite that long but it sounds like a lot of fun. I probably would have gotten super frustrated though... How did you manage your pitchers? Bring in another starter at some point? What about pitch hitters and runners?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpawOG
What's the longest game / most innings you guys have ever played? Any crazy moments like walk offs, diving catches, etc.?
I can't remember how it ended (though my team did win the game), but in MLB 12 I was involved in a game that went 19 innings. But 24 innings is nuts. That's 2 3/4 games in 1.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

southpawOG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish
can't say that I've played one quite that long but it sounds like a lot of fun. I probably would have gotten super frustrated though... How did you manage your pitchers? Bring in another starter at some point? What about pitch hitters and runners?
In the 14th and later i started pinch running for slower players or pinch hitting for struggling players then put them in defensively when the inning changes. I burnt through my set up guys really quickly, but had two long relievers so they each went like 4 innings then when i ran out I wanted to use a position player to pitch, but i didn't have one on the bench and i didn't know how to switch over a current one so I used a starter an inning at a time in the last 3 innings staying mostly around the strike zone because it was in a franchise so I didn't want to wear them out.

EDIT: I was playing completely legit until a point around the 19th or 20th inning where i just started throwing up meatballs because i wanted it to end, but that only lasted for like 2 bad batters who lined out then i realized it was the longest game i would probably ever play and it was pretty cool so I started trying again lol

Last edited by southpawOG; 04-29-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

My longest this year was 18 innings.

It was on one of those nights where I was like, "Sweet. Don't have to work tomorrow. I'm definitely going to get 2 or 3 games in tonight!!!!"

18 innings later I was so exhausted that I called it one and done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
Rookie

southpawOG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
My longest this year was 18 innings.

It was on one of those nights where I was like, "Sweet. Don't have to work tomorrow. I'm definitely going to get 2 or 3 games in tonight!!!!"

18 innings later I was so exhausted that I called it one and done.
lol thats exactly how I felt afterwards. It felt like I had just got out of a 3 hour movie or something like that. I was thinking "i could have finished 3 games in my franchise in that time" ... then afterwards just didn't feel like playing at all
Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

wow dude thats long. I think the longests game i have done is only 12 or 13.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

I've had a 20 inning game, won 8-7, blew 2 saves in the 11th and 15th. Then walked it off with Allen Craig, most rewarding win ever. Better than any perfecto or no no that I've thrown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »