Home

i had an issue with the base stealing training

This is a discussion on i had an issue with the base stealing training within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
i had an issue with the base stealing training

i had to steal 2nd like 4-5 times and i had like 15 chances to complete it, after i stole it one time every other time i tried the catcher would throw the ball perfectly and i would get out every single time. how are you supposed to complete this training when the catcher throws the ball perfectly every time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: i had an issue with the base stealing training

get better at stealing.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Rookie

cmc2of3's Arena

OVR: 6

Just guessing here but I would think spending points on speed would be the best approach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc2of3
Just guessing here but I would think spending points on speed would be the best approach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This would work, but also, if you just get better at it, you'll be ok. For Instance, in the beginning of one of my RTTS's when my speed rating was crap, I did decent in steal training, because I knew how to decently time the pitcher, and went at his first move. If you can time the pitcher good enough, I bet you'll have an 75-85% steal success.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
Rookie

in my rtts games every time i get on 1st i always steal 2nd with success, unless someone was already on 2nd, i was late on the steal, or the catcher throws that perfect pitch to get me out, so i know how to steal. my speed is in the low 70's that catcher in the training literally threw every pitch perfectly after i stole 2nd the first time

Last edited by crashhat69; 03-28-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Maybe the catchers got a really accurate arm. Maybe you need to get a better lead. Do it again and see if the same thing happens.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Maybe the catchers got a really accurate arm. Maybe you need to get a better lead. Do it again and see if the same thing happens.
if the catcher has a really accurate arm wouldn't he of thrown me out the one time i did steal 2nd?i press R1 once to move up a little bit while on 1st and that's all the lead i need to steal 2nd, every single time i've pressed R1 to move up again the pitcher would throw the ball to 1st to try to get me out.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashhat69
if the catcher has a really accurate arm wouldn't he of thrown me out the one time i did steal 2nd?i press R1 once to move up a little bit while on 1st and that's all the lead i need to steal 2nd, every single time i've pressed R1 to move up again the pitcher would throw the ball to 1st to try to get me out.

What I do if the pitcher keeps throwing over is try to get the lead at the last second. So I wait until right before he throws it and then take that lead. If you don't get that lead then that is why you are getting thrown out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »