Home

"Player Ratings" in the menu

This is a discussion on "Player Ratings" in the menu within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Player Ratings" in the menu

There was a sub-menu called player ratings that I would check every time I first batted to see the enemies Catcher and Outfielder Arms. It appears to be gone now.

Is there any other way to find this information out without pausing, going to the team page for ratings of ALL players, and finding this out? Sorting through 2 or 3 catchers and 4 or 5 outfielders to find out who I am up against seems odd, especially when it was so easy to find before.

I like to know what arms can be run against and what cannot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 12:50 AM   #2
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Re: "Player Ratings" in the menu

Yes, I was just thinking of this yesterday. I had just remembered doing the same thing as you last year also, and your right seemed so much easier the way it was set up last year.
No doubt this is a great game and am thankful for the effort the team around this series has put in over the years and wish them continued success but some of the decisions made on this year's edition seem strange to say the least, from a user's perspective of course. Could very well be some good reasons of course why they were made nonetheless. But Yea Yea... I'm wondering the same thing Billy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy...a_kid
There was a sub-menu called player ratings that I would check every time I first batted to see the enemies Catcher and Outfielder Arms. It appears to be gone now.

Is there any other way to find this information out without pausing, going to the team page for ratings of ALL players, and finding this out? Sorting through 2 or 3 catchers and 4 or 5 outfielders to find out who I am up against seems odd, especially when it was so easy to find before.

I like to know what arms can be run against and what cannot.
What you can do is before the game, check opposing team's catchers arm ratings.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Rookie

That is what I meant, but why make it so cumbersome after it was perfect last year? I do check, all 3 OF and C, but now it is a matter of having to memorize who is in game, then checking each player from a screen that isn't instantly available, but several screens away.

Can this be done any other way? Am I missing it? Some things are moved around so I am just wondering if I missed this information somewhere else.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
That is what I meant, but why make it so cumbersome after it was perfect last year? I do check, all 3 OF and C, but now it is a matter of having to memorize who is in game, then checking each player from a screen that isn't instantly available, but several screens away.

Can this be done any other way? Am I missing it? Some things are moved around so I am just wondering if I missed this information somewhere else.
I don't have the game yet, waiting for the PS4 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2014, 12:32 AM   #6
Rookie

creator2700's Arena

Quote:

As far as I've been able to find there is no way that is as easy as last year... It's frustrating, to me there just seems to be no reason to remove that. It's certainly something I never truly appreciated until they took it away.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:

You don't have to memorize the ratings. Going into the player stats screen in the pause menu and pressing triangle on a player will give you their player card and full ratings. And if you need to know who's in what position, the batting order screen under pitcher/batter analysis should tell you that (as well as the box score).

Not saying it's easier to get to (it isn't), but all of the info is still accessible during the game.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

The one thing i really miss is when you went to see the batters card, to see if he was a pull hitter or whatever and check his hot spots. Last year it gave you his batting Ave against left and right hand pitchers. This was extremely helpful in determining rather or not to bring in a reliever in crucial circumstances or how to go about pitching to him.. You can do it this year, but it is really inconvenient.. And The show usually never takes things away. This was really a useful feature. I am surprised they removed it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »