Home

Fictional Rosters and Franchise Play

This is a discussion on Fictional Rosters and Franchise Play within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Fictional Rosters and Franchise Play

I'm just now discovering the fictional roster concept and I'm really enjoying playing Play Now games with some of the fictional rosters on OS.

I see that several of these are designed for use in multiple modes, including franchise play, but I have some questions about what to expect from fictional rosters in franchise mode for those of you that use them this way.

Are these generally built/tested to produce relatively accurate sim stats?

Are they generally scaled to accommodate the game's rookie class generator?

Are there any issues with morale or other peripherals once you get a few seasons in to franchise mode?

And are there any other things to consider before starting a franchise with fictional rosters?

I really like the idea of having an entire league that has no direct correlation to the real-life MLB, and I really like the attention some of the top fictional roster guys put into each player and team, but I'm hesitant to actually commit to a fictional roster franchise before hearing more from folks who've gone this route.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fictional Rosters and Franchise Play

Justmunc whose 90 man roster is ideal for franchise has a WIP in the vault with the AL Fictional and NL MLB (default contracts) that I started a franchise with. I haven't got around to it yet because I'm having too much fun actually playing with the fictional RedSox but I'm going to sim the rest of the season at some stage and then compare the two. From what I've seen so far they mesh pretty well. You might want to give simming a season a try and have a poke around in the franchise yourself. I'd be interested to see what you find.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
Justmunc whose 90 man roster is ideal for franchise has a WIP in the vault with the AL Fictional and NL MLB (default contracts) that I started a franchise with. I haven't got around to it yet because I'm having too much fun actually playing with the fictional RedSox but I'm going to sim the rest of the season at some stage and then compare the two. From what I've seen so far they mesh pretty well. You might want to give simming a season a try and have a poke around in the franchise yourself. I'd be interested to see what you find.
Funny: I'm playing as BOS with Justmunc's AL fictional roster as we speak. I'm loving Rodrigo Vizcaino, and I just saw Brad McDonald make a really sick play at 3B.

His roster seems to have a really good distribution of talent.

I can run some sims with the the AL roster, but it's going to be hard to isolate the created players' performance with half the league being real players. In any case, I'll see what I can see and wait for the full version of the roster to drop.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:38 PM   #4
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Funny: I'm playing as BOS with Justmunc's AL fictional roster as we speak. I'm loving Rodrigo Vizcaino, and I just saw Brad McDonald make a really sick play at 3B.

His roster seems to have a really good distribution of talent.

I can run some sims with the the AL roster, but it's going to be hard to isolate the created players' performance with half the league being real players. In any case, I'll see what I can see and wait for the full version of the roster to drop.
Must say Vizcaino is one of my all time favourites. Some of these created players have quite a bit of history on OS and can be tracked back a few years. Justmunc does a great job with the ratings and if it's any help I would say they sit somewhere between the Hybrid and OFSM ratings which gives very realistic gameplay and is ideal for me.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Must say Vizcaino is one of my all time favourites. Some of these created players have quite a bit of history on OS and can be tracked back a few years. Justmunc does a great job with the ratings and if it's any help I would say they sit somewhere between the Hybrid and OFSM ratings which gives very realistic gameplay and is ideal for me.
I can see how some of these guys would become legendary. Vizcaino hit .347 with 82 RBI and 21 HR while batting leadoff for BOS in my sim.

I'm guessing Emilio Tatis is also one of these legendary guys.

I'm about 7 seasons into a sim with this right now and things look really good, especially for only the AL being done.

The overall balance of talent at MLB/AAA/AA looks really solid, and there's been really good variance w/r/t my user team's performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 05:29 PM   #6
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I can see how some of these guys would become legendary. Vizcaino hit .347 with 82 RBI and 21 HR while batting leadoff for BOS in my sim.

I'm guessing Emilio Tatis is also one of these legendary guys.

I'm about 7 seasons into a sim with this right now and things look really good, especially for only the AL being done.

The overall balance of talent at MLB/AAA/AA looks really solid, and there's been really good variance w/r/t my user team's performance.
Spot on with Emilio Tatis. Thanks for doing the simming! That's good news on how they have played over 7 seasons.

For me because it's fictional this is my fun franchise. I will edit (Cameron Merchant won't be 35 years old) some RedSox guys to my liking before I start. I will also make way more trades than I normally do because I don't have to worry if they are realistic or not and injuries will be prevelant.

As for the stats my RedSox are going to try and make this an offense driven league so the Hum/CPU contact sliders go up a notch.

BTW Just remembered if you still have The Show 16 justmunc has a full version of these rosters in the vault.

Last edited by No.27; 06-15-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #7
Pro

No.27's Arena

Have you grabbed justmuncs Fictional 17 Final from the vault yet? I'm 2 games into my Red Sox Franchise and loving it. I can see myself sticking with this the rest of the year.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Have you grabbed justmuncs Fictional 17 Final from the vault yet? I'm 2 games into my Red Sox Franchise and loving it. I can see myself sticking with this the rest of the year.
I just got back from a work trip late last night, so no, but I'm going to DL that roster tonight and test it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »