Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2017, 04:45 PM   #241
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Armor,

I saw that you dropped the timing, power, and solid hits. What were you seeing that made you guys drop down? It doesn't surprise me, because that is the direction we had to head last year, because the CPU and human were hitting at higher averages and more home runs on the base line 5. Just wanted to see what you have saw so far, because I am just starting to test for my modifier set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #242
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

OK, I am firmly on board with my new Settings here with the 1.5 settings, and my Pitcher control and accuracy both sets of two. I just finished a game between the Yankees and the Red Sox in Yankee Stadium. Great game, with Edwin Rodriguez pitching an absolute gem to a 9 to 1 victory. Andrew Benintendi hit a grand slam in the first inning that was just barely a wall scraper, and added another one just over the right-field wall late in the game.

Mitch Moreland hit a two run bomb in the seventh-inning, measuring 405 feet using the power swing, and that was as perfect as I could ask for with the distance versus the swing.

Chris Carter hit a bomb in the fifth inning for the Yankees only run, and that travel 397 feet to left field, which also was perfect with the location of the ball and how he hit it.

I will run another three-game test set with these new Settings, and with the pitcher settings where I like them, and report back.

These are going to be great!
~syf

Last edited by stealyerface; 04-01-2017 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Pitcher, not picture
Old 04-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #243
Rookie

Are quick counts being used?
Old 04-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #244
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Are quick counts being used?
Armor doesn't use QC, although I've tested both ways and it's really up to personal experience. They play great either way.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:49 AM   #245
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah I've been using QC with armors sliders since QC were added to the game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 06:39 AM   #246
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I think manager hook has to go down, the CPU on about 3 times now I have seen replace their closer as soon as 2 players come on base, and rather then waiting for them to get the final out the CPU panics actually seen them do it after the out too.

they also hook a starter after 5 innings if they have only given up 4 runs with a low pitch count.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #247
MVP

forme95's Arena

Armor, love your set. I use them yearly for my RTTS. Question, why move off speed pitch +2? Is that to make it come in faster for timing reasons?

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #248
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Gold Version 2.0 Is now official.

This will be my last update until we get game patch 1.3 then we will read notes....and play games and see if anything needs to be adjusted. Enjoy this incredible game everyone. This set is really really the best I can produce right now and to be frank....the game is playing amazing.

Here are the changes from 1.5:

Human/CPU Solid hits up to 4 (from 3)
CPU Contact up to 6 (from 5)
CPU Starter Stamina up to 7 (from 6)
CPU Pitcher Consistency up to 4 (from 3)
CPU Strike Frequency up to 3 (from 2)
CPU Hook down to 2 (from 5)
CPU/HUM IF Errors up to 5 (from 6)
CPU/HUM OF Errors down to 5 (From 6)
Baserunner Steal Frequency Up to 6 (from 5)

Changes have been made to both gameplay set and Quick Manage/Sim set.

Enjoy!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »