Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-23-2024, 12:53 PM   #193
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Franchise is reds. Bottom of the 9th down by 1 vs Orioles. I have a base runner on 1st. I pinch hit Jake Fraley for Stuart Fairchild. Fraley comes in and all his stats are wiped to zero. In addition, my baserunner just disappears. I double with Fraley but instead of being a tied game it is not because my baserunner disappeared.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:20 PM   #194
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

Atlanta Takes Two Out of Three in Exciting Series With the Dodgers

May 3-5, 2024

In a series of two powerhouses, it was Atlanta that came out on top in this series. The first game featured two of the best lefties in the game, and Max Fried and Clayton Kershaw came out with nearly identical stat lines. Both threw six innings and gave up two runs, though Kershaw dealt more walks while Fried probably got away with a few more mistakes, though he did give up a two-run homer to Mookie Betts. In what became a matchup of the bullpens, the Braves trio of Reynaldo Lopez, AJ Minter, and Raisel Iglesias combined for three innings, no base runners allowed, and three strikeouts, while an Orlando Arcia off of JP Feyereisen would eventually lead the Braves scoring three total runs off of the LA bullpen. An Ozzie Ablies double in the eighth to score Matt Olson would be the dagger in a 5-2 win for Atlanta. Adam Duvall homered off of Kershaw in this one.

The second game was another close one with the Braves winning 6-4, led by a homer from Olson and two from Marcell Ozuna. Olson added a double and four RBI in the game in total. Chris Sale was very good, nothing 6 IP with only 2 runs allowed and nine strikeouts to get his second win of the season. Lopez would give up a run out of the pen, while Dylan Lee and Joe Jimenez were perfect. Iglesias would give up a solo shot to Teoscar Hernandez, but closed out his fifth save of the season.

Shohei Ohtani would take the mound and put up his best pitching performance on a season with few of them (4.46 ERA), completing six innings and striking out 10 Braves while only allowing a run via Olson homer. The Dodgers bullpen was lights out, only allowed one run with five guys combining to take the mound. Charlie Morton was solid, giving up two runs in five innings, with Tyler Matzek, Aaron Bummer, and Lee all throwing scoreless innings behind him. The game would go into the bottom of the ninth tied at 2-2, but Jiminez would give up a walk off homer to Betts and the Dodgers would take a 3-2 win to save themselves from a sweep in what was a really fun series.

The Braves now stand at 23-11 for the second-best record in baseball (Twins 24-10) and are up 5.5 games over the Philadelphia Phillies in the NL East. Up next in a trip back home for a two-game set against the Boston Red Sox (16-19). Atlanta went 5-1 over the short road trip.

Also just wanted to say I am having a blast with this game. This has been so fun so far. After playing through the first 10 games myself, I have been playing the first game of every series and then simming the rest. Got one more week of work before a vacation, should make a lot of progress then!
Old 03-23-2024, 01:21 PM   #195
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
So let me begin with I play on HOF and default sliders, minus injuries I increase by 3 and I increase RP fatigue by 1 so they're tired faster. I don't know if it was me having a day or Oakland is just god awful in this game. I started with yesterdays Yamamoto roster update and added a few missing international players.
History Making Opening Day

Shane Bieber was on fire to start the season and Oakland was impatient at the plate. That was a great mixture for Guardian fans as they witnessed history. The 3rd perfect game in Cleveland history! Bieber threw a 94 pitch, 9 strikeout perfect game. They say it takes not only skill but a lot of luck to throw a no hitter, let alone a perfect game and Bieber got some luck. Laureano early in the 3rd inning made a diving catch to get the 3rd out of the inning and Josh Naylor layed out for one at first base in the 8th inning to preserve the perfect game. Oakland was swinging early and swinging often. Meanwhile Paul Blackburn on the other side couldn't find the plate and when he did Jose Ramirez went deep to right field for a grand slam in the top of the 3rd inning to score 4 of Cleveland's 5 runs.

Game 2 was little more normal as Ramon Laureano reintroduced himself to Oakland with an RBI single in the 1st off Alex Wood. Triston McKenzie started up where Bieber left off. Oakland officially opened the season going 10.2 innings being no hit. Then Seth brown said enough of that and got a 2 out knock to left field before a Ryan Noda out to short to end the inning. The bottomof the 4th though Geloff decided Oakland needs a run and sent a McKenzie curve ball to the deepest part of center field to make it 3-1. The game would end that way though as Clase got his 1st save of the season.

Saturday Oakland returned the favor with 9 hits and 7 runs, scoring 2 in the 8th to take the lead for good. Starters Tanner Bibee and J.P Sears were both knocked around early and often by the bats. Oaklands bullpen was in better form to get the win, giving up 1 hit and no runs in 4 innings. Meanwhile Karinchak went .2 giving up 1 run, Trevor Stephan gave up 3 hits and 2 runs in his own .2 inning.

Cleveland looked to make sure they won the 4 game set and Jose Ramirez was the catalyst. His 3rd homerun of the season gave Cleveland the lead early and Ramon Laureano tacked on to it. Both teams had 12 hits a piece, Cleveland just did a better job getting them home. Oakland left 8 on base while The Guardians Jose Ramirez had 3 RBI, Laureano and Bo Naylor had 2 of their own. It was Naylor's 1st 2 hits of the young season.

Cleveland (3-1) head north to Seattle (3-1) for a date with Woo, Castillo and Kirby to get a real idea of what this team can do against stronger competition.

Congrats on the perfect game!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2024, 01:58 PM   #196
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks Willie, 1st time I've ever thrown a perfect game or no hitter. My palms.were sweating basically the 7th inning on lol.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:55 PM   #197
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The Mets continue their fast start by taking 2 of 3 from the Tigers. Game one the Mets fell behind 2-1 but tied in in the 5th with a Ronny Mauricio RBI single and Francisco Alvarez gave the Amazins the lead for good with a two run HR in the 6th as the Mets went on to win 4-3. Game two Tylor Megill got shelled for 8 runs in 1.1 innings and the Mets never had a chance, the ended up taking on some garbage time runs and losing 13-8. After the game Drew Smith was sent to AAA Syracuse and Austin Adams was recalled as a fresh arm was needed after needing 7.2 innings from the bullpen. Game three the Mets took a 3-0 in to the 7th but Adam Ottavino coughed up the lead. The Mets were able to bounce back with two runs in the 8th and Edwin Diaz closed the game out for his 4th save of the year. This was our first win without a HR thanks to some aggressive baserunning.

The biggest surprise so far has been Harrison Bader. I've faced five righties and he has contact/power ratings of 46/43 against righties but he's hitting .500 so far. Something about his stance makes it easy for me to hit.

I don't know if this is a bug or some quirky stat scenario I never thought of, but Starling Marte somehow has a higher batting average than OBP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marte.jpg (244.1 KB, 98 views)
Old 03-23-2024, 05:07 PM   #198
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
The Mets continue their fast start by taking 2 of 3 from the Tigers. Game one the Mets fell behind 2-1 but tied in in the 5th with a Ronny Mauricio RBI single and Francisco Alvarez gave the Amazins the lead for good with a two run HR in the 6th as the Mets went on to win 4-3. Game two Tylor Megill got shelled for 8 runs in 1.1 innings and the Mets never had a chance, the ended up taking on some garbage time runs and losing 13-8. After the game Drew Smith was sent to AAA Syracuse and Austin Adams was recalled as a fresh arm was needed after needing 7.2 innings from the bullpen. Game three the Mets took a 3-0 in to the 7th but Adam Ottavino coughed up the lead. The Mets were able to bounce back with two runs in the 8th and Edwin Diaz closed the game out for his 4th save of the year. This was our first win without a HR thanks to some aggressive baserunning.

The biggest surprise so far has been Harrison Bader. I've faced five righties and he has contact/power ratings of 46/43 against righties but he's hitting .500 so far. Something about his stance makes it easy for me to hit.

I don't know if this is a bug or some quirky stat scenario I never thought of, but Starling Marte somehow has a higher batting average than OBP.
Whats your record right now? And Bader is killing it for me also, 3 HR in first 6 games of season.
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-23-2024, 05:29 PM   #199
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Whats your record right now? And Bader is killing it for me also, 3 HR in first 6 games of season.
I'm 5-1, the rotation for the most part has been good but the bullpen is a ticking time bomb. I decided to use dynamic difficulty for hitting while I get my timing down but I didn't decide this until after I did the initial game setup so I couldn't choose what level I started on so I ended up on the lowest level possible and my first game was a home run derby.
Old 03-23-2024, 05:31 PM   #200
Rookie

Diamondbacks homestand ends by dropping 2 games against the Yankees

Game 1 : NYY 12-9 ARZ // Game 2 : NYY 4-2 ARZ // Game 3 : NYY 3-10 ARZ

The first game of the serie wasn't the day for the starters as Ryne Nelson (2.0 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO) and Clarke Schmidt (4.1 IP, 12 H, 7 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO) were knocked out of the game early. Both teams combined for 33 hits.

The second game was a pitcher duel between Zac Gallen (7.0 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 8 SO) and Gerrit Cole (6.1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 5 BB, 5 SO). Unfortunatelly, the Snakes offense couldn't do anything, recording only 3 hits.

Finally, the D-Backs snap their 4 games losing streak on Wednesday behind a good outing by Merrill Kelly (6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 SO) and a stellar performance at the plate by Lourdes Gurriel Jr who hit 3 HR and 5 RBIs.

The Diamondbacks (2-5) have a day off on Thursday and will travel to Atlanta to face the Braves (3-3) for their first serie on the road of the season.

Around the league
  • Paul Sewald broke is arm during the second game against the Yankees and has been placed on the 15 Day IL. He's expected to be out for 1-2 months. The Diamondbacks have called up Drey Jameson to fill the bullpen.
  • On Game 3 against the Yankees, Ketel Marte reached the millestone of 1,000 hits with a RBI single.

Last edited by Charvalos; 03-23-2024 at 06:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »