Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2024, 04:39 PM   #209
Rookie

SUPERFUZZYBUTT's Arena

OVR: 0
OPENING DAY

The Cincinnati Reds opened the new year against the Washington Nationals. It was Andrew Abbott (CIN) and Josiah Gray (WAS). Abbott got the Opening Day start, which is a huge honor in Cincinnati, for his performance last season as a rookie and he started out the new season admirably. Abbott pitch 6 innings of shutout baseball allowing 5 hits but striking out 7. In the post game interview, Sean Casey stated that Abbott was on a innings and pitch count limit to start the season. Infact all our starters will be for the first two or three turns through the rotation. This may be due to the fact Abbott and others just ran out of gas last season causing them to miss the post season.

Abbott left with a 7 - 0 lead. Instead of going to the bullpen, skipper Aaron Boone decided to let some of position players work on their two way qualifications.
Matt McLain pitched a clean 7th inning, Elly De La Cruz gave up 2 hits and a run in the 8th and for the first time in 17+ years Joey Votto got to pitch. Joey was a strikeout machine. Striking out 2 but also allow 2 hits and a run in the 9th. RP Micheal Lorenzen worked on his 2 way quals as well, starting out as the DH and later moving to RF. A poorly played ball by Lorenzen allowed the earned run to score against Votto. Maybe the official scorer will change it to an error and drop Votto's ERA to 0.00.

The real story and the main reason the Reds were able to score so much was the Nationals catcher Keibert Ruiz, his arm as catcher is terrible. The Reds stole 7 bases against Ruiz. Three of those bags though we're from Elly, so no chance there for Ruiz. Sean Casey joked that Boone almost gave Votto the green light to steal but thought better of it because they would had to put wheels on Votto's walker and that would have been a dead giveaway.

The Reds have the day off tomorrow and then flamethrower Hunter Greene takes the mound.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:42 PM   #210
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Diamondbacks pitching continues to suffer

Game 1 : ARZ 6-3 ATL // Game 2 : ARZ 3-7 ATL // Game 3 : ARZ 6-7 ATL

The D-Backs lose a third straight series in Atlanta by winning only one game of the three games set.

While the offense has been good since the beginning of the season, it's not really the case of the pitching staff who can't seem to keep the ball on the ground. In ten games played, the Snakes watched the ball goes deep 17 times.

Eduardo Rodriguez bounced back in the first game with a solid performance, allowing only three runs and striking out five in six innings of work and for the first time this season, the Snakes won two games in row.

But the winning streak comes to an end in game two as Brandon Pfaad allowed five runs in only five innings and Ryne Nelson (3.1 IP, 5 ER) wasn't sharp at all in the last game of the series as the Braves got him early. After two starts, Nelson sit at an ERA of 20.25.

The Diamondbacks (3-7) stay on the road with a 3 games series against the Rockies (4-6).
Old 03-24-2024, 08:54 PM   #211
Pro

TIGERS DROP 2 OF 3 IN MINNESOTA

TWINS 4 TIGERS 2 APRIL 19, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Twins took the opening game of the series 4-2. Royce Lewis, and Max Kepler homered and drove in two each. The Tigers got RBI from Kyle Dutcher, and Mark Canha. Casey Mize (2-2) tossed six quality innings, but took the loss

TIGERS 7 TWINS 5 APRIL 20, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers rebounded to take game two 7-5. Riley Greene (3), Spencer Torkelson (10), Kerry Carpenter (5), and Kyle Dutcher (9) homered. Carpenter had three RBI. Dutcher stole two more bases, giving him 19 on the season. Tarik Skubal (5-0) earned his fifth win, going 6 1/3 innings, allowing four runs on seven hits.

TWINS 6 TIGERS 5 APRIL 21, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers jumped out to a 4-0 lead after two, but couldn't hold on, as the Twins came back to win game three 6-5. Kerry Carpenter (6) homered. Zach McKinstry had three RBI. Tyler Holton (0-1) took the loss in releif.

The Tigers (18-4) head to Tampa Bay (18-5) for a three game series in a battle of the two teams tied for the MLB lead in wins.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2024, 09:21 PM   #212
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
The Mets continue their fast start by taking 2 of 3 from the Tigers. Game one the Mets fell behind 2-1 but tied in in the 5th with a Ronny Mauricio RBI single and Francisco Alvarez gave the Amazins the lead for good with a two run HR in the 6th as the Mets went on to win 4-3. Game two Tylor Megill got shelled for 8 runs in 1.1 innings and the Mets never had a chance, the ended up taking on some garbage time runs and losing 13-8. After the game Drew Smith was sent to AAA Syracuse and Austin Adams was recalled as a fresh arm was needed after needing 7.2 innings from the bullpen. Game three the Mets took a 3-0 in to the 7th but Adam Ottavino coughed up the lead. The Mets were able to bounce back with two runs in the 8th and Edwin Diaz closed the game out for his 4th save of the year. This was our first win without a HR thanks to some aggressive baserunning.

The biggest surprise so far has been Harrison Bader. I've faced five righties and he has contact/power ratings of 46/43 against righties but he's hitting .500 so far. Something about his stance makes it easy for me to hit.

I don't know if this is a bug or some quirky stat scenario I never thought of, but Starling Marte somehow has a higher batting average than OBP.

Not a bug.

If you haven't walked much at all and have more sacrifice hits or fly balls than walks this will happen.

Sacrifices don't hurt you batting average but they do hurt your on base percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-24-2024, 09:30 PM   #213
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feros Ferio 7
Not a bug.

If you haven't walked much at all and have more sacrifice hits or fly balls than walks this will happen.

Sacrifices don't hurt you batting average but they do hurt your on base percentage.

That makes sense, when I took the screenshot I was still in the portion of dynamic difficulty where nearly every pitch was a strike so I wasn't drawing walks.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:36 PM   #214
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The Mets continue to stay red hot with a sweep of the Reds and taking the first of four in Atlanta to get off to a 9-1 start. I lost Starling Marte to the IL with a hand injury but DJ Stewart is providing so much power in his absence that Marte may end up in a platoon role when he returns. Dynamic difficulty finally hit All Star+ which is where I usually like to be so these first ten games have more or less been spring training for me and now the real season begins. Next game is a marquee matchup with Kodai Senga and Spencer Strider facing off.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:45 PM   #215
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That makes sense, when I took the screenshot I was still in the portion of dynamic difficulty where nearly every pitch was a strike so I wasn't drawing walks.

Then it would make sense.

If you haven't walked and have a sacrifice then his obp would be lower.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2024, 07:56 AM   #216
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals Lose Series Against Brewers in Milwaukee

The Cardinals (17-24) dropped 3 games of a 4 game series against the Brewers in a pivotal early season series for the Cardinals. The Cardinals now find themselves 8 games out of first place.

The only positive of this series was rookie Cooper Hjerpe bouncing back from a horrendous debut, by earning the win after going 5 innings, giving up 4 runs.

Other than that, it was business as usual for this Cardinals squad. Pitching falters at some point in the game, and if they don't then the offense is dormant.

Cardinals head west now to face the Angels in a 3 game series. The Angels lead the AL West and have won 9 straight games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »