Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-13-2024, 01:04 AM   #625
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

☆Reds are unable to complete the sweep as Ashcraft struggles in his first start of the season.☆

Game one: Reds (11 19 0) @ Rockies (1 6 0)

W- H. Greene (7-4) 6ip 5h 1er 3bb 7k
L- K. Freeland (4-7) 1.2ip 8h 5er 1bb 1k
COL HRs- Sean Bouchard (5)

Game two: Reds (6 11 1) @ Rockies (2 5 1)

W- F. Montas (4-3) 6ip 4h 2er 1bb 6k
L- A. Gomber (4-3) 1.2ip 3h 4r 3er 2bb 1k
CIN HRs - Jeimer Candelario (12), Tony Kemp (1)

Game three: Reds (3 10 0) @ Rockies (7 13 0)

W- C. Quantrill (6-2) 5.2ip 5h 1er 0bb 2k
L- G. Ashcraft (0-1) 3.2ip 6h 5er 0bb 3k
CIN HRs- Elly De La Cruz (8)
COL HRs- Sean Bouchard (6)

~~Injury news~~

● Blue Jays SP Yusei Kikuchi out for the season.

○ Rockies RP Tyler Kinley off IL (6G 7.1ip). RP Jake Bird sent down as he was struggling on the year.

☆ Elly De La Cruz was injured early on in final game of series. Luckily, it's just a day to day so won't miss many games.
__________________________________________________ _____

Up next: Reds (34-29, 2nd, 2.0gb) vs Cubs (31-32, 5th, 5.0gb)

Game one: Nick Lodolo (4-4, 5.27era 53k) vs Jordan Wicks (2-1, 5.98era 27k)

Game two: Andrew Abbott (3-5, 3.88era 48k) vs Jameson Taillon (1-6, 5.56era 30k)

Game three: Hunter Greene (7-4, 2.97era 72k) vs Justin Steele (4-5, 4.00era 46k)

Game four: Frankie Montas (4-3, 3.27era 50k) vs Kyle Hendricks (3-4, 4.26era 38k)

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-13-2024 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2024, 02:58 AM   #626
Pro

OVR: 0

TIGERS SWEEP TWINS

TIGERS 9 TWINS 0 JULY 2, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers opened the three game series with the Twins with a 9-0 shutout win. Causey Mize (10-3) tossed seven shutout innings, allowing just three hits, striking out seven. The Tigers got home runs from Jose Agua (16), Spencer Torkelson (26), Kerry Carpenter (10), and Kyle Dutcher (31). Carpenter drove in four.

TIGERS 4 TWINS 0 JULY 3, 2024

BOX SCORE

Tarik Skubal (17-0) tossed a complete game two hit shutout, as the Tigers beat the Twins 4-0. Carson Kelly (6) homered for the Tigers. Jose Agua, Riley Greene, and Mark Canha also had RBI.

TIGERS 11 TWINS 3 JULY 4, 2024

BOX SCORE

Jose Agua (17) homered, and drove in four, leading the Tigers to an 11-3 win, and a sweep of the three game series. Kyle Dutcher hit his league leading 32nd home run in the win. Kenta Maeda started the game, but left after four innings with elbow discomfort. Reese Olson (2-1) earned the win in relief.

The Tigers now head to Cincinnati, for a three game weekend series against the Reds (43-45).

TIGER'S NOTES

MAEDA LEAVES GAME WITH ELBOW DISCOMFORT
Pitcher Kenta Maeda left Thursday's start after four innings with elbow discomfort. He is scheduled to be examined on Friday. It is feared that he may have suffered some ligament damage, and might require UCL reconstruction surgery (Tommy John surgery) or UCL Brace surgery. Maeda previously underwent UCL Reconstruction surgery in August of 2021.

NOTE: I have added a "MLB TRADE RUMORS link to the bottom of my posts, so everyone can see the rumors leading up to the July 31 Trade deadline.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

MLB TRADE RUMORS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 05-13-2024, 07:13 AM   #627
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals take series from Yankees in the Bronx

The Cardinals (74-63) took the final two games of their three game series with the Yankees in the Bronx over the weekend. The Cardinals are now 2 games up on the Brewers as the we enter the final month of the season.

The Cardinals lost the first game of the series as Jack Flaherty got no help from the bullpen. Flaherty left after 5 innings with a 4-3 lead. By the time the bullpen recorded an out in the 6th, the Cardinals trailed 7-4. The game would conclude with that final score.

Sonny Gray got the ball on Saturday and was brilliant. Gray toss 8 innings giving up no runs on 4 hits and fanning 11. The Cardinals led 5-0, but Gray was at 112 pitches and Marmol decided to turn to the bullpen who struggled the night before to close it out. They did without issue as Zach Thompson pitched a 3 up 3 down 9th inning.

Dakota Hudson got the ball Sunday as he was recalled from Cooper Hjerpe who was put on the IL due to a shoulder issue. Hudson, whom the Cardinals claimed off waivers from the Rockies earlier this year, had been in Memphis since rejoining the Cardinals back in June. Hudson went 6 innings giving up 3 runs on 5 hits, but would get the win thanks to the offense exploding for 11 runs including two grand slams, one by Contreras and one by Dylan Carlson.

The Cardinals will now head to Milwaukee for a pivotal 3 game series with the Brewers as the teams meet for the final time in 2024.

Cardinals recall Jordan Walker and Alex Reyes for September Expansion

The Cardinals have recalled RHP Alex Reyes and 3B/OF Jordan Walker from Memphis. Reyes was demoted earlier this year due to ineffectiveness, but has pitched well down in Memphis. Jordan Walker was sent down to get regular at-bats. Both will be counted on as the Cardinals continue to battle for a spot in the playoffs.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-13-2024 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:00 AM   #628
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals take series from Brewers to extend divisional lead

The Cardinals (76-64) took 2 games of the 3 game series with the Brewers and now lead the Brewers and Reds by 3 games. The Cubs are 4 games out. The Brewers, Cubs, and Reds are all tied for the 3rd wildcard spot.

The Brewers absolutely destroyed the Cardinals on Monday as they beat up on Miles Mikolas and the bullpen in route to a 15-4 victory. But the Cardinals would bounce back Tuesday with a dramatic win in the 9th. Down 1-0, Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Arenado, and Willson Contreras went back to back to back with 2 outs to give the Cards a 3-1 lead and eventual victory. Wednesday saw Jack Flaherty strike out 13 in route to a complete game shutout as the Cards won 5-0.

The Cardinals are off on Thursday as they head home to welcome the Mariners to town for a 3 game weekend series.

Remaining Schedule:

3 vs SEA
3 vs CIN
3 @ TOR
4 vs PIT
3 vs CLE
3 @ COL
3 @ SF

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-13-2024, 12:41 PM   #629
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

2024 Baltimore Orioles

Orioles (16-8) take 5 out of 6 on road trip from KC (9-17) & LAA (11-14), behind hot bats.

GM1
BAL - 8/12/0
KC - 5/7/0

GM2
BAL - 7/12/0
KC - 2/7/1

GM3
BAL - 9/13/0
KC - 2/6/0

Series HR Total
BAL - 8
KC - 4

GM1
BAL - 4/8/1
LAA - 5/7/0

GM2 F/13
BAL - 5/10/0
LAA - 3/8/0

GM3
BAL - 2/8/1
LAA - 1/4/0

Series HR Total
BAL - 1
LAA - 3

Next Up… 6 Game Home Stand
vs OAK (11-15)
vs NYY (14-13)
Old 05-13-2024, 10:31 PM   #630
Rookie

camel's Arena

OVR: 6

Having an absolute blast in my Cubs ‘chise! 5 straight games all decided in the final inning including the last 4 all being walk-offs. I haven’t won them all, but it’s been an unbelievable stretch of intense baseball! The Pirates have been in first place in the Central for most of the year and we are now 5-0 against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romans 10:13
Old 05-13-2024, 10:59 PM   #631
Just started!

Anyone have a breakdown of training in Franchise this year. I see that there's really no point in training. I know they get a boost every month. Trying to see if there in game play helps or something other than just put it on whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2024, 12:46 AM   #632
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2024 Oakland Athletics 07/05-07/07

Overall Record: 44-48 (5th AL West/13.0 behind Texas Rangers)

Game Results:

Game 1
Orioles-7
Athletics-5

Game 2
Athletics-5
Orioles-3

Game 3
Athletics-3
Orioles-1

A's strong start to July continues as they get closer to .500

The Oakland Athletics are now 5-1 to start July and are just four games behind a .500 record. Although that wont get them a playoff appearance, that has been a goal of the GM's throughout the season and especially after the team went 10+ games below that mark.

Oakland's most recent series saw them win two of three against the Baltimore Orioles as they closed out their homestand, 5-1.

Lawrence Butler continues to impress after he took over the main RF spot when Brent Rooker was traded. After resting the first game, Butler went 4-7 in the series with two homeruns. His homer in game two brought his season total to 10 and was the eventual winning runs as the Athletics won that game 3-1.

Oakland wasnt far off from a sweep as the Orioles needed extra innings to take game one.

Oakland will now go on the road for their last two series' before the All-Star Break. First up is a trip to Boston where they will face off with the struggling Red Sox (28-62/5th AL East/26.0 behind Tampa Rays).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »