Home

Stat Overlay presentations?

This is a discussion on Stat Overlay presentations? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Stat Overlay presentations?

Hey guys

I know the presentation tweet stream will be coming in the next few weeks and this has me wondering if we will be seeing minor or big improvements.

For what seems like a very long time now I have requested wished for 2 enhancements to the in game Stat Overlays that have yet to be added and I am really hoping this will finally be the year they get in. Basically one is a more TV Style Home Run Stat Overlay popup for when a batter hits a HR. The main thing I would like to see changed from it's current state is when the batter hits the HR the camera should be focused on the batter that just hit the HR while the HR Stat Overlay is displayed example ( 2 Run HR Hunter Pence 8th This Season). Also the stat Overlay animation could use some updating to look more like what you see on a lot of real baseball broadcasts. See video below for example of something I would like to see in MLB The Show. The other Stat Overlay enhancement that is always on my wish list is for the in between inning Batter Due up Stat Overlays. I would like to see example (1 for 2, 0 for 2, 2 for 2) type of stats displayed near the 3 player photos. MLB 09 The Show actually had this and it was removed since that version of the game. I just think it should be added back as it would make the Stat Overlay presentation even better.

Like I said I request these 2 enhancements every year but every year nothing changes in this department. Unlike the CD guys I do not get inside info. And I just would love to hear from someone that works on the Stat Overlays if these 2 enhancements are even planned? Perhaps for what ever reason Sony likes the way the Stat Overlays have been and do not even want to change them with my ideas? If that was the case then I would stop requesting it every year. But honestly I can not see how anyone would not like my idea for the Stat Overlays

HR Stat Overlay

Something like this would be better then how it's done in MLB 14 The Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRXIzV5QxUQ

This is much better then having it displayed when the next better is already at the plate which is how it currently is and has been with every version of the show.

Here is another way of doing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJwSkF4q5Ik

Obviously other Stat Overlay enhancements are needed as well but the above 2 are the most important to me.

Can anyone with inside info just tell me if there is any hope for these small improvements?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (175.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (128.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (179.7 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 02-12-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »