Home

Need some help....

This is a discussion on Need some help.... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Need some help....

I just recently purchased a new tv.... a 43 in LG 1080p hdtv. I have looked online at several different sights to find the right settings for gaming. I can't seem to find what works for me yet. So now I'm asking my fellow SHOWmen here ... for those that my have an LG ... what do you have your settings on to get the best picture for the SHOW..

THANKS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Need some help....

I've got a 47 LG, and really all I've done is get the right picture for the TV, and I just use that for the Show. I dont alter any settings just for the game. (I didn't know it really made a difference... maybe I'll have to check into that once 15 drops).
Old 03-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

I also have an LG - 49". I haven't had any issues with input lag. I set it up so that the color looked right to me and I've been loving it - I've never been better at The Show haha
Old 03-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
I just recently purchased a new tv.... a 43 in LG 1080p hdtv. I have looked online at several different sights to find the right settings for gaming. I can't seem to find what works for me yet. So now I'm asking my fellow SHOWmen here ... for those that my have an LG ... what do you have your settings on to get the best picture for the SHOW..

THANKS
Did you get the smart TV one (with netflix, hulu, etc)? That's the one I have and I had to use the game input and it works well now.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
Pro

jtott's Arena

Yes ... I have the smart tv. I have it on game mode, and just trying to find the right settings.... trying to get the whites just right , don't want to have them look to washed out ... sharpness .. contrast .. super resolution... true motion , smooth or not smooth. There are so many options!! I know I just have to mess around with them to get the right look and feel for me. I just thought there might be some other recommendations out there from everyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
Yes ... I have the smart tv. I have it on game mode, and just trying to find the right settings.... trying to get the whites just right , don't want to have them look to washed out ... sharpness .. contrast .. super resolution... true motion , smooth or not smooth. There are so many options!! I know I just have to mess around with them to get the right look and feel for me. I just thought there might be some other recommendations out there from everyone else.
I'll have to take a look at mine when I get home from work later on. There are a ton of options so you really just have to play around with them to set it up so that you're comfortable. It took me a while but I eventually got it to where I want it.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #7
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok the first thing you must do is turn true motion OFF! Bad for gaming (lag) and makes every movie look like a CSI episode. I have labeled my hdmi PS4 as "pc" and that eliminates most of the lag and gives a crystal clear image.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #8
Pro

jtott's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I'll have to take a look at mine when I get home from work later on. There are a ton of options so you really just have to play around with them to set it up so that you're comfortable. It took me a while but I eventually got it to where I want it.

Awesome... thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »