Home

Are the Oakland A's a rebuilding team?

This is a discussion on Are the Oakland A's a rebuilding team? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Are the Oakland A's a rebuilding team?

SO I just picked up the game, Yes, I know im late! But, I am looking for a full rebuilding team. I started a franchise with the Reds already cause they are a full blown project. Now, I am looking for a full blown project in the American league. Or atleast a rebuilding team. I did the Twins last year and enjoyed it. THis year I am thinking of the A's, but need input to if they are considered one of the rebuilding teams. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are the Oakland A's a rebuilding team?

Well, they are last in the AL right now. They also traded away Josh Donaldson at the beginning of the year. A's are probably the most interesting rebuild because you also have to deal with an extremely tight budget.

IRL the Tigers, White Sox, and Red Sox all had hugely disappointing seasons and are probably entering a re-build phase, but I'm not sure how that translates into the game. Besides, the Red Sox don't re-build, they just buy.

Probably your next best bet in terms of interesting re-builds are the Cleveland Indians. They have a lot of good assets, but they aren't quite "there" yet. Still, exciting team with a lot of good elements to build around. Plus you get to play in a better park than O.co.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Tampa, Indians, twins, As, Tigers I think are your candidates. Wouldn't put twins in there since you said you did that last year and they're on the verge of contending I think. TWW said it best in regards to Boston, they don't rebuild just buy.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Well, they are last in the AL right now. They also traded away Josh Donaldson at the beginning of the year. A's are probably the most interesting rebuild because you also have to deal with an extremely tight budget.

IRL the Tigers, White Sox, and Red Sox all had hugely disappointing seasons and are probably entering a re-build phase, but I'm not sure how that translates into the game. Besides, the Red Sox don't re-build, they just buy.

Probably your next best bet in terms of interesting re-builds are the Cleveland Indians. They have a lot of good assets, but they aren't quite "there" yet. Still, exciting team with a lot of good elements to build around. Plus you get to play in a better park than O.co.
Yea the Red Sox aren't in a rebuilding mode. Look at what they did at the deadline, which was NOTHING. If they were rebuilding they would gutted this team of their bad contracts and traded guys like Koji. They think this is a fluke year and will bounce back next year. The only move they made prior to the deadline was trading Victorino and then they were looking into a 3 way deal with the Cubs and Padres that would have probably gotten them James Shields and a couple of other guys and they would have sent off Sandoval.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind

Thanks for the advice, Some follow up questions. IM a big fan of the show, so excuse some dumb questions im just recently into baseball.

As far as the Oakland A's, I just choose them honestly cause of the ratings on the show, but feel I could trade a couple players and one of the there great pithcers and be right there. NOt sure though.

I honestly never thought of the Tigers, I always thought they were a good team. Don't they have Lots of great pieces? Should I gut Verlander, Cabrera, and Martinez? How would I approach them? I always look at their ratings and say no way.

Finally, for the Indians, based on what I was reading, there is not much to do here, just let them develop. IF this is wrong, what is the direction here?

IF you were me, what would be your suggestion and why? These are too many choices.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
MVP

And if it makes any difference, I do use the OFSM latest version rosters for the franchise.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

That's the thing about the tigers. Cabrera isn't going anywhere. Verlander is untradeable due to the contact and Victor isn't going anywhere either unless he's absolutely raking at the deadline and the tigers are out of it. Sanchez is movable. Simon is a FA. Farm team is vacant. Pitching staff is nonexistent. So we're the Phillies. It's a rebuild if u ask me. Lol from a tigers fan
Old 08-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
That's the thing about the tigers. Cabrera isn't going anywhere. Verlander is untradeable due to the contact and Victor isn't going anywhere either unless he's absolutely raking at the deadline and the tigers are out of it. Sanchez is movable. Simon is a FA. Farm team is vacant. Pitching staff is nonexistent. So we're the Phillies. It's a rebuild if u ask me. Lol from a tigers fan

This is good advice, I think and it points me in a good direction. Do you have any advice on steps from here to begin the process? Or maybe some pointers? I would appreciate it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »