Home

RTTS Pitcher repertoire of pitches

This is a discussion on RTTS Pitcher repertoire of pitches within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTTS Pitcher repertoire of pitches

So I started my RTTS pitcher with 4SFB, Change, and Curveball standard 3 pitch repertoire. I'm trying to build a strike out pitcher, could I get some suggestions what to choose for my other 2 pitches?

I'm maxing out control on those 3 before I get the last 2 and I'm indecisive as to which way to go. I was thinking about sinker and slider or maybe slider and another curve. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: RTTS Pitcher repertoire of pitches

If going for a power strikeout pitcher, I would have went slider over curve. Going forward I'd add either a cutter or a split, plus the slider. I'd primarily mix your FB combo(4 Seam and split) with the slider, using the change maybe 10% of the time to keep the hitter from sitting dead red
Old 04-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

4seamer
cutter
sinker
slider
12-6 curve

I like using the 12-6 for it's original intent as a breaking pitch & then let it function also in a dual role as a change-up.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks guys
Old 04-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #5
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

I have a power arm starter who is now age 32. Velocity and Break are at about 90 with 80 control.

Started out with 4SFB, 2SFB and SL but quickly added a Circle Change to provide a bit more deception. The fifth pitch I added is a standard Curve as opposed to the 12-6. No need to add a cutter because my SL is thrown so hard lol.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
If going for a power strikeout pitcher, I would have went slider over curve. Going forward I'd add either a cutter or a split, plus the slider. I'd primarily mix your FB combo(4 Seam and split) with the slider, using the change maybe 10% of the time to keep the hitter from sitting dead red
Last pitcher I made had slider and cutter. The reason why I went with curve was just for a change and to try something new. I haven't tried splitter before I'll be sure to give that a shot
Old 04-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

In my opinion, you don't need a slider and a curve both. Stick with the curve as your breaking pitch.

I would go with a second fastball, one with movement, but thrown at a slightly slower speed than the 4 seam fastball. Think either a two seam FB, or a cutter.

A second fastball at a slower speed can keep hitters off balance. And the movement can allow you to aim it slightly off the plate, and have it tail back in (or cut over) the plate, getting some called third strikes.

Then for the 5th pitch, I would go with a splitter. When you can control it, it can be a total wipe out pitch.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

I like the 4 seam, Circle change and slurve setup. Trying to think of what a good 4th pitch would be to compliment, maybe a splitter. I've had pretty good results with the 3 pitches I have for now, even after a few games in the big leagues after my initial call up

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »