Home

Anybody else still on the edge about buying?

This is a discussion on Anybody else still on the edge about buying? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #33
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anybody else still on the edge about buying?

Do I need to do a Gamestop Pre-Order in store to get the bonus packs, or can I do that online?

I was thinking of running over to the store today/tomorrow to lock in a copy before the release, just wanted to know if I need to.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #34
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I"m leaning toward a pre-order purchase, but still somewhat reluctant to pull the trigger. Aside from my main issue of not really sinking time into gaming, the other main concern for me is how will the game run on a regular PS4? Framerate was OK in 17, but as they push limits of the system more with the Pro in the picture, I worry.

And buying a Pro just ain't gonna happen when I play a couple hours a week if I'm lucky.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #35
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Nope, day one pick up still. Solid game.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 10:05 AM   #36
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I won't be buying it during the launch window this year and will most likely wait until a price drop honestly. This is mostly due to time and waiting to see what the jury is on this years release before I dive in.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #37
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

OVR: 0

If I didn't want that Judge cover so bad I wouldn't have pre-ordered and definitely would have waited...
Old 03-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #38
Rookie

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in the game, personally I think it gets better every year and is always a day 1 buy for me. Don't tell SDS but I would pay $200 for the game without even thinking about it as with all the hours of enjoyment I get out of it I feel like I am stealing from them now lol . I am not loaded with cash by any means but truth is this game saves me money because I don't have to go out and do something else to entertain myself ! Can't wait for Friday !!
Old 03-20-2018, 10:52 AM   #39
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

The Show being a PS4 exclusive is one reason why I got a PS4 in the first place definitely not the main reason but still I find myself wanting and expecting more out of this game because it is an exclusive product. The PS3 is when I fell in love with the series and literally wanted other sports titles to follow in The Shows footsteps but the transition from PS3 to PS4 wasn't as huge of a leap I expected it to be, I mean I am still upset with the player bodies and cloth physics not getting any love this generation, for goodness sake in a few years the PS5 will be out and the show still looks the same graphically as the PS3 version outside of better color and higher resolution, I found myself buying last years game just because Griffey was on the cover smh.

With all that said I cant keep buying the Show every year like I used to until I see more then just minor upgrades.

Last edited by cthurt; 03-20-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #40
Rookie

Anybody else still on the edge about buying?

After watching the streams this is the least excited I can remember being for release. I cannot even guess what they spent most off the season working on. There is no major improvements or editions. I am a franchise guy and it seems like they overlook this part of the game year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »