Home

MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2020, 01:05 AM   #321
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

End of Season - 2020

We were able to avoid a 3rd straight 100 loss season as we finished 72-90. 20-32 in August and September. 15.5 games behind the Twins who needed a game 163 against the Indians to win the division. We did manage to win more division games than we lost going 39-37. And we were much better on the road going 41-40 compared to 31-50 at home.

As for the pitching it really didn't change much. Daniel Lynch was the bright spot in September giving up just 2 ER over his last 25.1 innings pitched. We ended up sending Brady Singer back down to AAA for the last 3 or 4 weeks of the season. He had a 6.67 ERA and 2.12 WHIP in 7 starts. Averaging just 4 innings per start. We called up Eric Skoglund to replace him and really didn't go well with a 4.98 ERA. Then Heath Filymer came up as a September callup Wasnt all that terrible with a 4.18 ERA but could have been a little lucky based on his 5.07 FIP.

Standings
Spoiler

Mondesi and Dozier ended up tied for the team lead in WAR at 5.6. Dozier hit .298/.384/.497 with 26 HR and 97 RBI. Defense was all that great putting up 10 errors in 1161.2 innings split between RF, 1B and 3B. Mondesi finished the season hitting .282/.339/.489 with 46 doubles and 12 triples to go along with 18 HR. His doubles and triples lead the majors with Dozier finishing 2nd in doubles. Jorge Soler lead the majors in HR with 50 breaking his team record from last year of 48. He was able to pul his AVG up a bit as the season ended hitting .248 with a .358 OBP and .913 OPS.

Stats
Spoiler

League Leaders
Spoiler

Awards
Spoiler

Playoffs
Spoiler

Alex Gordon has let the team know he plans to retire. He finishes his career 5th in Royals history for games played, Runs, Hits, and Doubles. 3rd in Home Runs and Walks and 6th in RBI.

If Mike Matheny was actually in the game id keep him around but he isn't so the whole coaching staff is gone. Hoping to bring in some guys that can help our pitchers not be trash.

Ian Kennedy, Greg Holland and Trevor Rosenthal are the only free agents we have. Holland will probably be back. Ian Kennedy is like 40/60 and Rosenthal is for sure gone. Probably won't make any big signings maybe a middle of the rotation starter or a reliever if there is someone young enough to be a factor in another year or 2 when we will hopefully be competitive.

Retired players
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 01:25 AM   #322
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just completed the 2020 June draft in my Red Sox franchise. Before going over the picks, a brief overview of the season. We are 37-27, sitting a half game up on the Yankees. However the Yankees are starting to get healthy so it'll be tough to hold them off. A couple of roster moves in releasing Martin Perez and trading Heath Hembree to the Padres. San Diego has had a few injuries in their bullpen otherwise Hembree would have been released as well. He had an ERA of 4.6 but was squeezed put of a spot by other pitchers performing better while he was injured. Perez had an ERA over 6. Pretty obvious why we moved on there. Brian Johnson took the spot in the rotation for now. On to the draft....

Round 1: C Vaughn Potts(73 overall/93 Pot)
Potts is an 18 year old catcher from New York. His defense is advanced for his age but blocking is a weak point. Below average contact skills but has potential for above average power. Needs to improve against lefties but the bat can be very good for a catcher. Also can run a bit with a speed rating of 59.

Round 2: 2B Reggie Netzel(65/ 89)
Netzel is a 20 year old from the Netherlands. Tall for second at 6'2" 180 lbs. While his power is far below average, everything else about the bat is above average. Not fast but should have enough speed to be good on the base paths. However defense is a major problem with all his rating being under 50 including arm accuracy of 32. The bat probably won't play at DH due to lack of pop so that needs to improve.

Round 3: 1B Darrick Joy(69/84)
Joy is your standard slugging right handed first baseman/DH. The defense might be rough and he's slow. But his batting skills are excellent across the board. And unlike most bat first players, he doesn't strike out a lot despite also having good discipline as well.

The rest of my picks are most likely depth picks. However who might be the most interesting pick I had is Robert Cordova. He's an 18 year old right hand pitcher from Iowa. 70 overall and 89 potential and got picked in the 5th round. His pitches include a 97 mph 4 seamer, 95 mph 2 seamer, 82 curveball, and an 84 mph change up. I'm kinda tempted to try him as a starter since he is only 18. However he could fast track as a reliever. Gonna have to decided when he comes in next season.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:15 AM   #323
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Darvish has been struggling for me to say the least. But he finally broke through in his last start.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-07-2020, 02:21 AM   #324
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

I just play for the first time ever a HR Derby in the Show. Playing my Braves franchise carry-over from 19'. My team leader in HR's Donaldson(23) was a participant in the HR Derby.
1. Trout 27HR 2. Stanton 27HR 3. Judge 26HR 4. J.D. Martinez 26HR 5. Arenado 24HR 6.Baez 24HR 7. Donaldson 23HR 8. Muncy 23HR.

I faced off against Stanton in the 1st round and lost 17-18. It was neat experience, distant presentation package. Martinez won the HR Derby (26,21 & 19) over Stanton..

I played the All-Star game too. I had 3 representative's of the squad: SP Fried 13-3, CP Kimbrel 28SV & Acuna Jr. .340 20HR, 51RBI. Unfortunately the AL won 6-4, but Acuna represented well 1 for 1, 2R HR & sac fly RBI. Fried & Kimbrel both threw a scoreless inning.

Back to the regular season on the road. We got a 3 game series vs. Brewers and 3 games in Sunny San Diego... The Playoff push is on, holding on to 1st place in the NL East by 2.5 games over the Mets. Although CF Inciarte is out for 1-2 mnths with a broken ankle, I am not planning a move to push me over. OF Heyward has been out since May with a fractured ankle as well, but he'll be back after the Padres series. I discovered I could hit well with OF Rafeal Ortega, he is currently batting .293 1HR, 18 RBI. Batting in the 8th spot in our line-up. He has (79) SPD and (75) Arm Str. So he can play any where in the outfield.

Last edited by decga; 04-07-2020 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Added more info Heyward's return
Old 04-07-2020, 06:44 AM   #325
Pro

OVR: 6

Wild Walk-off Twins’ Win
Twins take down Tribe in 12 innings

April 6, 2020
Minneapolis--- If this game is any indication of the battle for the American Central crown this year, we are in for a heck of a lot of fun. The Minnesota Twins edged division-rival Cleveland 3-2 in twelve innings in front of a playoff-like atmosphere at Target Field on Monday afternoon.

Mitch Garver’s seeing-eye single scored Eddie Rosario easily from second, and the Twins were jumping for joy.

“I got a first pitch fastball and I just tried to stay through it,” Garver answered after the game. “I didn’t get a lot of it, but I got enough of it. It felt good after being lost in my first four at-bats.”

The Twins had some more good news in this one, but also some bad news. Miguel Sano finally jumped out of his early-season slump with four singles, but the Twins also lost Josh Donaldson for some time as he was removed from the game after hustling back to first base after a long flyout in the 3rd inning.

Jose Berrios started for the Twins in this one, and put together a solid performance. He went six innings allowing the only two-runs, back-to-back homeruns in the third inning to Ernie Clement, who was making his major league debut, and Roberto Perez. Berrios struck out eight while walking none. Devin Smelter (1-0) pitched two scoreless extra-innings to pick up the win.

Cleveland and Minnesota will meet again tomorrow afternoon with a first pitch scheduled for 12:10 PM. Kenta Maeda (2-0, 1.64) will get his third start in a Twins’ uniform, while Cleveland will counter with veteran Carlos Carrasco (1-0, 3.21).

Side Note-- Could someone please access my website (linked in my sig) and let me what know that you are able to access it correctly? Also, let me know what you think? TIA

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 07:31 AM   #326
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
Wild Walk-off Twins’ Win
Twins take down Tribe in 12 innings

April 6, 2020
Minneapolis--- If this game is any indication of the battle for the American Central crown this year, we are in for a heck of a lot of fun. The Minnesota Twins edged division-rival Cleveland 3-2 in twelve innings in front of a playoff-like atmosphere at Target Field on Monday afternoon.

Mitch Garver’s seeing-eye single scored Eddie Rosario easily from second, and the Twins were jumping for joy.

“I got a first pitch fastball and I just tried to stay through it,” Garver answered after the game. “I didn’t get a lot of it, but I got enough of it. It felt good after being lost in my first four at-bats.”

The Twins had some more good news in this one, but also some bad news. Miguel Sano finally jumped out of his early-season slump with four singles, but the Twins also lost Josh Donaldson for some time as he was removed from the game after hustling back to first base after a long flyout in the 3rd inning.

Jose Berrios started for the Twins in this one, and put together a solid performance. He went six innings allowing the only two-runs, back-to-back homeruns in the third inning to Ernie Clement, who was making his major league debut, and Roberto Perez. Berrios struck out eight while walking none. Devin Smelter (1-0) pitched two scoreless extra-innings to pick up the win.

Cleveland and Minnesota will meet again tomorrow afternoon with a first pitch scheduled for 12:10 PM. Kenta Maeda (2-0, 1.64) will get his third start in a Twins’ uniform, while Cleveland will counter with veteran Carlos Carrasco (1-0, 3.21).

Side Note-- Could someone please access my website (linked in my sig) and let me what know that you are able to access it correctly? Also, let me know what you think? TIA
Your website works, and looks good! Aside from you’ve got a picture of Max Kepler labeled Josh Donaldson, lol
Old 04-07-2020, 07:53 AM   #327
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMaxxx13
Your website works, and looks good! Aside from you’ve got a picture of Max Kepler labeled Josh Donaldson, lol
Thanks for checking. Glad it works. And thanks for the heads up with the picture. I will make that change when I am done with my current series against the Indians.

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 04-07-2020, 08:20 AM   #328
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals drop series to Reds

After sweeping the Phillies in a 4 game series, the Cardinals couldn't follow up that success against the Reds as they dropped 2 of 3 to their division foes.

Michael Wacha was knocked around in the series opener, the bats were silent in game 2, and they finally put it together in game 3 as Junior Fernandez was serviceable.

Jo Adell had a terrific series despite the club losing 2 of the 3, as he collected 3 homeruns and 10 RBI's in the series, as he was essentially the only offense for the Cardinals in all 3 games.

Brendan McKay continues to struggle as he went 0'fer at the plate not getting on base once in the series.

The Cardinals will now host the Diamondbacks for a 4 game series

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »