Home

Re-hab assignment feature in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Re-hab assignment feature in Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2021, 11:37 PM   #1
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re-hab assignment feature in Franchise Mode

Does anyone else think this a really important aspect of franchise that The Show is missing? Almost all players get hurt in their career and go through the standard recovery process. I wish The Show would capture this image and break down the day-to-day process instead of just magically recovering off of the IL. I would like to track a star's return to the 26 man roster. This is just another thing that would make The Show and Franchise mode stand out

Edit: I know they have put a lot less focus into this mode, but if there are areas of expansion, this is a major one for me personally and should be taken seriously
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Re-hab assignment feature in Franchise Mode

Personally I don't want them adding ANYTHING else to this game until they fix the legacy issues. Add more, more things go haywire. Let me give you just one example in Manage Only Mode.

1. Bottom of the 9th
2. Game tied
3. Nobody out
4. Opposing team has winning run on third
5. You pull you infield in
6. Ground ball to third
7. Runner on 3rd takes off for home
8. Third baseman goes to 2nd, to 1st.....doubleplay.
9. Wonderful....winning run scores.

Could be wrong, but I blame them for overloading this game for causing all the little problems in the game, that have been in the game for a long time.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I would like to see rehab assignments as well, but not currently with how the injury system is now. Because basically its just a series of random events.

What I mean by that is a pitcher could have an elbow injury in the game and when he heals there's no "concern" that he will re-injure that elbow because the injury happens, he heals, and then it disappears for good.

I want SDS to adopt the injury model that NBA 2K has where a player's injury history is tracked. Where if a player injures his knee significantly, then there is a greater chance that he will re-injure that knee over the course of his career. I want this type of depth in baseball. If a pitcher has elbow/shoulder/arm problems, then you take on a risk of him having those issues while in your organization.

I want said pitcher to have to go through rehab assignments to build up arm strength, pitch count etc...

I want injuries to effect attributes. Injured arm, arm strength goes down. Injured knee, speed, defense, hitting are effected, etc..

I want injuries to be more than a series of random events.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-25-2021, 09:21 AM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Add this to the list of things that need to be added to franchise mode. Ticket number 152.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-25-2021, 10:35 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would like to see rehab assignments as well, but not currently with how the injury system is now. Because basically its just a series of random events.

What I mean by that is a pitcher could have an elbow injury in the game and when he heals there's no "concern" that he will re-injure that elbow because the injury happens, he heals, and then it disappears for good.

I want SDS to adopt the injury model that NBA 2K has where a player's injury history is tracked. Where if a player injures his knee significantly, then there is a greater chance that he will re-injure that knee over the course of his career. I want this type of depth in baseball. If a pitcher has elbow/shoulder/arm problems, then you take on a risk of him having those issues while in your organization.

I want said pitcher to have to go through rehab assignments to build up arm strength, pitch count etc...

I want injuries to effect attributes. Injured arm, arm strength goes down. Injured knee, speed, defense, hitting are effected, etc..

I want injuries to be more than a series of random events.
I start to lose hope in certain fronts. NO game does injuries right . Not ONE. 2k , with a lot of things, seems to have a framework for a lot of things. Like what you mentioned about injuries, sim sliders, player mentorship, boom/bust system.. but absolutely NONE of that stuff works. I haven't seen an in game injury in 2k in like 2 cycles and the sim sliders dont work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 10:47 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
I start to lose hope in certain fronts. NO game does injuries right . Not ONE. 2k , with a lot of things, seems to have a framework for a lot of things. Like what you mentioned about injuries, sim sliders, player mentorship, boom/bust system.. but absolutely NONE of that stuff works. I haven't seen an in game injury in 2k in like 2 cycles and the sim sliders dont work.
ummmm…..ok...I guess

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Personally I don't want them adding ANYTHING else to this game until they fix the legacy issues. Add more, more things go haywire. Let me give you just one example in Manage Only Mode.

1. Bottom of the 9th
2. Game tied
3. Nobody out
4. Opposing team has winning run on third
5. You pull you infield in
6. Ground ball to third
7. Runner on 3rd takes off for home
8. Third baseman goes to 2nd, to 1st.....doubleplay.
9. Wonderful....winning run scores.

Could be wrong, but I blame them for overloading this game for causing all the little problems in the game, that have been in the game for a long time.
There are a lot of things they could do. Coaches giving signs etc but before they do any of that I agree with you. Fix the legacy gameplay issues.

CPU at times takes over for the user in manage mode. That's an issue.
Old 08-25-2021, 06:32 PM   #8
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I do rehab assignments myself. When a guy comes off the IL I leave them in AAA for 2 or 3 games or 2-3 starts if they're a pitcher. I turn waivers on manual for cpu teams so I can freely call up and down guys to make it easier.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »