Home

MLB The Show 22 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-30-2022, 06:56 PM   #865
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 22 Franchise Discussion Thread

That’s terrible news with the two shoulder injuries. Have you adjusted your injury sliders at all or is it out of the box settings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2022, 07:01 PM   #866
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Been a while since I've updated.

San Diego Padres

Game 54: (26-27) San Diego Padres @ St. Louis Cardinals (28-25)
Joe Musgrove vs Steven Matz
Padres brought the camo jersey to Busch Stadium for Memorial Day. Some will wonder if the ball was camouflaged though as neither team saw it well. A combined 7 hits lead to a 2-1 win for The Cardinals, snapping San Diego's 6 game win streak. Corey Dickerson went 3 for 4 with the winning home run in the 8th. NL saves leader Giovanny Gallegos (23) came in to save th egame against the 2, 3 and 4 hitter. 3 feet to the left and Gallegos would have blown the save on his 2nd pitch to Trent Grisham who sent a foul ball into the stands just narrowly missing the foul pole and becoming the hero. Jake Cronenworth's hitting streak also ended at 10.
W: Brandon Waddell 1.0 INN
L: Ryan Weathers 2.0 INN, 1 H, 3 K, 1 ER
Series: St. Louis sweep San Diego and move to 1.5 behind the Central leading Cubs while San Diego are 6 back of Colorado.

*******San Diego Ship Mackenzie Gore to Rebuilding Oakland
San Diego trade (RF) Nomar Mazara, (RP) Ryan Weathers, (CF) Robert Hassell and the prize piece (SP) Mackenzie Gore. In return Oakland send (RP) A.J Puk and (CF) Ramon Laureano.
San Diego improves the outfield and gets a power bat. Oakland being 15 games under .500 get Hassell who looks to be a dominant CF for years to come and highly rated pitching prospect Mackenzie Gore to add to the young arms in the farm system. Ryan Weathers also shows promise and fits the timeline. Puk and Laureano should be available for the trip to Milwaukee and the rumor is Tatis will be back to start his 2022 season after an IL stint against The Mets on Monday. What this will mean for C.J Abrams is unknown after a strong 1st month in the majors., hitting .310 with 8 RBI in 84 AB's and moving to the lead off spot last week. Tatis will play 3 with El Paso against Salt Lake in AAA this weekend before the inevitable call up from his injury in the off season.
Old 05-30-2022, 07:04 PM   #867
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That’s terrible news with the two shoulder injuries. Have you adjusted your injury sliders at all or is it out of the box settings?
Set at 8

Thats where I've had it set in all the previous games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-30-2022, 07:20 PM   #868
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

San Diego Padres 2022
Game 57: (26-30) San Diego Padres @ Milwaukee Brewers ( 22-35)
Mike Clevinger vs Freddy Peralta
Brewers bats go wild and win 14-3. Nothing else to say really. Hunter Renfroe, Severino and McCutcheon all homered.
W: Freddy Peralta 6.2 INN, 6 H, 5 K, 1 BB, 1 ER
L: Mike Clevinger 6.0 INN, 10 H, 5 K, 4 BB, 3 ER
Series: A split, 2 each but both losses for SD were ugly blowouts. Ramon Laureano started his career with The Friars. So far after his suspension to start his 2022 season, 5 with Oakland and 4 with Milwaukee, he has yet to register a hit.

Game 61 (28-32) San Diego Padres vs New York Mets (28-33)
Yu Darvish vs Max Scherzer
The Mets teed of in San Diego 10-3. Yu Darvish was rocky from the start. The 2nd pitch of the game, Jeff McNeil left the yard, going 3 for 5 with 2 homeruns and a triple. Yu Darvish left the game with no outs in the 3rd and down 6-0. The Mets racked up 16 hits and San Diego will hope for a goldfish memory after the series opener.
W: Max Scherzer 8 INN, 5 H, 7 K, 1 BB, 1 ER
L: Yu Darvish 2 INN, 8 H, 2 K, 6 ER
Series: San Diego takes 2 of 3 afte rthe ugly opener. San Diego welcome The Rockies to San Diego for 3 games and the return of Fernando Tatis who will slot in at SS with rumors speculating a move to outfield still possible. C.J Abrams will move to 2nd and Cronenworth to 1st which puts the 20 million dollar contract of Eric Hosmer to the bench. Ha-Seong Kim .165 avg, .278 slg will head to El Paso to make room for Tatis.

Game 64: (34-29) Colorado Rockies @ San Diego Padres (30-33)
Kyle Freeland vs Joe Musgrove
San Diego opened the game with back to back homeruns from Abrams and Machado. A 6-6 game in the 9th, 2 outs bases loaded and Trent Grisham comes up to bat, a triple shy of the cycle and he strikes out. Colorado gets the win 7-6 in the 11th after scoring and then catching Cronenworth out at the plate after tagging up. A disappointing result and worse after Tatis goes hitless in 4 AB's although to his credit he had 2 walks.

Series: Padres take 2 of 3 despite a single hit from Tatis in his 1st series of the season.
****Luis Campusano, the Padres top prospect heads to the IL for 4-6 months with a torn achilles. Many predicted he'd get his callup in the Summer. Now they just hope he comes back healthy with no setbacks.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:19 PM   #869
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

OVR: 0

2022 Arizona Diamondbacks All Star Break

Overall record:56-41 (2nd NL West 4.5 GB of LA Dodgers

Diamondbacks limp into All-Star break

Arizona lost two of three to the San Francisco Giants but managed to win two out of the three game set against San Diego to head into the All-Star break.

The Diamondbacks have been a big surprise in the NL West and the MLB as a whole through the first half of the season. The teams 56 wins has already surpassed their 52 total from 2021. So all in all, the team is happy to be where they are at but are struggling to stick with the Dodgers in the race for the division.

In no surprise, Ketel Marte is leading the way for Arizona on offense with his .302 AVG, 27 HR and 62 RBI. He leads the NL in homeruns and is tied for 12th in the league in RBI's.

Madison Bumgarner has had a resurgence of sorts as he sits at a 11-6 record, 3.85 ERA and 80 strikeouts.

The top pitcher of the staff, Zac Gallen missed two starts with a injury but is slated to return after the all star break.

Ketel Marte, Carson Kelly and Mark Melancon made the NL All star team. Kelly was the only starter and went 0-2 with a walk. Marte also went 0-2 and Melancon did not play.

Marte was also in the homerun derby but was knocked out in the first round by Josh Donaldson who hit six homeruns to Marte's five in the one minute swingoff after both had 10 in the original round.

Next, Arizona returns home for a three game series Vs. the Washington Nationals (45-53).

More big moves around MLB as Seattle continues to clean house

In July, Seattle traded away Kyle Lewis, Jesse Winker, Tom Murphy, Adam Frazier and Ty France. A somewhat surprising turn of events as they are third in their division and just two games below .500.

In some of the big trades of the month, Boston improved their already scary rotation as they traded for Zach Plesac from the Guardians. They also traded for Tyler Naquin from the Reds.

In another move, Minnesota and Atlanta exchanged pitchers with the Twins getting Max Fried in return for Tyler Duffey and Sonny Gray.

Standings
Spoiler
Old 05-30-2022, 09:06 PM   #870
Rookie

PandaWaffleHD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsma806
2022 Arizona Diamondbacks All Star Break

Overall record:56-41 (2nd NL West 4.5 GB of LA Dodgers

Diamondbacks limp into All-Star break

Arizona lost two of three to the San Francisco Giants but managed to win two out of the three game set against San Diego to head into the All-Star break.

The Diamondbacks have been a big surprise in the NL West and the MLB as a whole through the first half of the season. The teams 56 wins has already surpassed their 52 total from 2021. So all in all, the team is happy to be where they are at but are struggling to stick with the Dodgers in the race for the division.

In no surprise, Ketel Marte is leading the way for Arizona on offense with his .302 AVG, 27 HR and 62 RBI. He leads the NL in homeruns and is tied for 12th in the league in RBI's.

Madison Bumgarner has had a resurgence of sorts as he sits at a 11-6 record, 3.85 ERA and 80 strikeouts.

The top pitcher of the staff, Zac Gallen missed two starts with a injury but is slated to return after the all star break.

Ketel Marte, Carson Kelly and Mark Melancon made the NL All star team. Kelly was the only starter and went 0-2 with a walk. Marte also went 0-2 and Melancon did not play.

Marte was also in the homerun derby but was knocked out in the first round by Josh Donaldson who hit six homeruns to Marte's five in the one minute swingoff after both had 10 in the original round.

Next, Arizona returns home for a three game series Vs. the Washington Nationals (45-53).

More big moves around MLB as Seattle continues to clean house

In July, Seattle traded away Kyle Lewis, Jesse Winker, Tom Murphy, Adam Frazier and Ty France. A somewhat surprising turn of events as they are third in their division and just two games below .500.

In some of the big trades of the month, Boston improved their already scary rotation as they traded for Zach Plesac from the Guardians. They also traded for Tyler Naquin from the Reds.

In another move, Minnesota and Atlanta exchanged pitchers with the Twins getting Max Fried in return for Tyler Duffey and Sonny Gray.

Standings
Spoiler
Who did Seattle get back for all these players?
Old 05-30-2022, 11:17 PM   #871
Rookie

I doing a Red Sox franchise and currently on June 11, 2022 with a record of 40-24 and leading the division by 3 games over the Rays. This is my second franchise because I wasn't happy with my settings and sliders on the first.

To recap the season so far, we've been led by the offense leading the majors in average and home runs while being second in runs scored. The pitching staff has held their own with a 3.47 ERA, ninth in the majors. Major injuries have been Chris Sale, James Paxton, and Josh Taylor not yet playing this season( used real life injuries for my team but not the CPU) and losing Bobby Dalbec in yesterday's game to a shoulder injury for 2 to 3 months. We signed OF Michael Conforto after the draft to a one year deal.

Current Line Up
1. 2B Trevor Story(.317/.360/.654, 21 HR, 46 RBI, 12 SB)
2. 3B Rafael Devers(.344/.414/.700, 27 HR, 62 RBI)
3. DH JD Martinez(.335/.408/.612, 15 HR, 47 RBI)
4. SS Xander Bogaerts(.286/.353/.437, 6 HR, 26 RBI)
5. LF Alex Verdugo(.279/.343/.422, 6 HR, 27 RBI)
6. CF K. Hernández(.257/.305/.410, 8 HR, 22 RBI)
7. RF Michael Conforto( just debuted)
8. C C.Vazquez(.238\.298/.349, 6 HR, 20 RBI)
9. 1B F. Cordero( only 25 AB)/ C. Arroyo(.271/.327/.396, 5 HR)

Bench
OF J. Bradley(.214/.267/.376, 6HR, 19 RBI)
C Kevin Plawecki(.216/.333/.297, 8 RBI)
2B Ernie Clement( recently claimed from CLE)

Current Pitching Staff
1. Nathan Eovaldi( 7-3, 90.1 IP, 87/10 K/BB, 3.19 ERA)
2. Garrett Whitlock (6-1, 57.2 IP, 68/11 K/BB, 1.87 ERA)
3. Nick Pivetta (5-4, 69.1 IP, 77/22 K/BB, 4.02 ERA)
4. Rich Hill (4-4, 57 IP, 35/21 K/BB, 3.95 ERA)
5. Connor Seabold( making debut after Wacha release)

CP. Matt Barnes (1-1, 28.2 IP, 28/8, 1.26)
SU Matt Strahm (0-1, 30.1 IP, 24/7 K/BB, 2.67)
SU Ryan Brasier (2-1, 26.2, 20/6, 2.36)
MR Jake Diekman (3-1, 26.1, 31/13, 2.73)
MR Hansel Robles (1-1, 25.1, 23/6, 3.91)
MR Tanner Houck (3-1, 51.1, 54/21, 3.86)
MR D. Hernandez (0-0, 5.0, 10/1, 3.60)
MR John Schreiber (0-1, 8.2, 14/1, 2.08)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2022, 11:53 PM   #872
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Started a Mets franchise with most up to date live rosters. Plan to edit players as live rosters come so I'm not feeling like I want to restart after every 2 or 3 updates lol. Will probably continue my Mariners franchise but simulate a lot of it however. First few series I have played already with Mets and will post updates soon.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »