Home

UFC Hits Big Screen.

This is a discussion on UFC Hits Big Screen. within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2010, 02:14 AM   #1
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
UFC Hits Big Screen.

Just UFC signed a deal to be in 300 movie theaters across the U.S. Starting with 111. If I was mobile I would post a link. I looked up prices for Toledo looked like 20 bucks a head. Prices may vary by location but when I was in college Toledo had 2nd highest movie prices in the nation. Looks like another good way to get the product out to the public. Still can only really see this as a way to get the under 21 people. 2 tickets going to run as much as the ppv anyways. I just buy the fight at home because I pay more than the PPV price at the bar because I drink like a fish. Anyways discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: UFC Hits Big Screen.

I like to interact, so this would be a bit weird to me....and how would they get the resolution to an acceptable level. As far as i know TV lines can do max 720p...so is it more like NFL films? as in seeing it after the fact? if it's live, I just don't see how they make it theatre worthy aside from the sound.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Just UFC signed a deal to be in 300 movie theaters across the U.S. Starting with 111. If I was mobile I would post a link. I looked up prices for Toledo looked like 20 bucks a head. Prices may vary by location but when I was in college Toledo had 2nd highest movie prices in the nation. Looks like another good way to get the product out to the public. Still can only really see this as a way to get the under 21 people. 2 tickets going to run as much as the ppv anyways. I just buy the fight at home because I pay more than the PPV price at the bar because I drink like a fish. Anyways discuss.
Seems like the under 21 crowd would be better off going to places like Hooters or BWW.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

They already show UFC at a movie theatre here. They've been doing it for a couple of years now.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

Its in HD and live (according to the article). They have been doing it here and there already. I remember Columbus had 1 when the UFC first went there. The article mentioned Oklahoma City had been doing this since aprox UFC 92. This is a pretty big deal that will cover pretty much any decent sized city in the US. Two smaller cities near me Toledo and Fort Wayne are on the list. Its funny I read somewhere trying to find the info that WWE does something similar in Canada. Anyways just thought it was interesting news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 02:28 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

Its not showing around here. Closest place is about and hour and 20 minutes away.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

i saw a Dave Matthews Band concert at the movie theaters in 3-D and they advertised that they were showing more concerts in theaters in 3-D. Now UFC is being shown in theaters, seems like the new trend. Its not a bad idea if you got some people to go with, some popcorn, some UFC. I'll still prob either order the ones i really want to see and watch the others on sopcast but maybe i'll give this a try, seems like a good idea.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Bp2 Triz's Arena

OVR: 5

can anybody get a link of the cities that are doing this?
Buckeyes

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »