Home

Things that could improve for UFC 2011

This is a discussion on Things that could improve for UFC 2011 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Things that could improve for UFC 2011

First off, i havent played online, so i dont know about those problem, which i hear they are pretty bad though.
1. More Realism: From what I have seen, fighters dont fight like themselves. Seriously, GSP doesnt try to take me down at all? They should follow other sports games and make them fight like themselves.
2. Submissions: This system should be fixed completely. Even though I can get submissions, there is no way you should have to completely tire out your opponent until you can tap them. Also, not every fighter should have a 70 sub defense...
3. Knockouts: I have played over 200 matches already and not one has gone to desicion. There is something wrong here.
4. Career Mode: I think the friends and rivals system is a great idea, even if it is implented poorly in my opinion. For friends, they should be able to teach you moves without having to get 100 points to learn them. They should also be able to be your cornermen during your fights. And for rivals, you shouldnt be able to train at their camp. There is no way Chael Sonnen would be able to train at Blackhouse or Koscheck at Greg Jacksons camp.
5. Career Mode (2): When you start your career, you should be able to get a couple of moves that you dont need to train for depending on your base. Also make a base choosable and you get a boost in those skills.
There are more things that can be fixed, but these are just a few things, what do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Things that could improve for UFC 2011

Career mode has made some positive strides but also seems like THQ had alot of ideas and just threw them together without enough thought and planning.

KOs.....OH the KOs....WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY and Way too many of them. Over 200+ fights here as well and ONE...ONE went to a decision, and thta was mainly due to me literally running away for 3 rds just to see if i could FORCE a decision.....

UFC10 IMHO, is a step back in the series overall. And for UFC11....lose the Arcade/casual focus PLEASE. They have street fighter and other lame brawlers for their arcade fix....Let us have a SIM-ish MMA game Please.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Yes, also in career mode there is no way at the end of my career mode Anderson Silva would have 22 losses...
and GSP 17.
I think the game has good ideas that arent played out so well.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

LOL SIlva ended his career with like 28 i think. Why didnt they just have created fighters step in.....?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Yes, also in my career certain fighters just won't fight period. Kimbo didnt fight once, and the champions never fought either...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

They seriously failed with this game. Everything they talked about with this mode simply is not there.

I stand by the notion they found some serious coding problems with the release build and had to jump back a few build & tweak what they could for release. There just is no other way around it, especially for a company that been around as long as THQ.

That our they axed the dev staff half way through the game & had a new team come in, which is never good no matter who you are.

My LW career is a joke. BJ Penn fought once, won the belt & hasn't fought since. I am 6 years into my career. Ross Pearson & Terry Etim seem to fight on ever card. They are on their 3rd rubber match I believe.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:17 AM   #7
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
LOL SIlva ended his career with like 28 i think. Why didnt they just have created fighters step in.....?
One way they could fix that is by upping the elites stats. There needs to be more discrepancy between great fighters and decent fighters.

On another note, I would like to see less early cuts in the game. More bruising of the face, and blood running down the faces of those that are cut. And speaking of cuts, has anyone noticed that since the demo there are less stoppages do to cuts or doctor check ups in the final version.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Yes, i also belive they had some coding issues. Its sad, but a couple different things could make this game great.
Didn't they lower the stats to prevent Super CAFS? Still with that, Anderson Silva is the best technical striker in the UFC and he should have a least a 85 rating with these rating systems. There is no way he would go on a 10 fight losing streak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »