Home

UFC Undisputed 2010 status update

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2010 status update within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
UFC Undisputed 2010 status update

Don't know if this was posted before but this is the update from Tank from the Undisputed site:

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/blog-po...rything-update

Quote:
Fighters,

Let this community update be your one-stop shop for everything concerning UFC 2010 at the moment. Online issues, code redemption, character unlocks, strategy guide accuracy, and the all-important support plan update with respect to gameplay fixes. I can absolutely assure you the development team is listening, and while I am responding, they are burning the midnight oil away to address and assess all the current issues, so here we go:

ONLINE SERVER STABILITY

What we already know...we have been experiencing server issues today for both XBOX 360 and PS3. Issues getting in to ranked play, slow times to get through the main menu, and fight camp connectivity with finding opponents, are all amongst our most critical issues at the moment being worked on, on top of the servers in general. Gamespy and MSFT are on the horn with us, we are working to resolve as quick as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, thanks for bearing with

If you have an online issue, please check out this sticky thread:

community.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/169270

ONLINE REDEMPTION PROCESS FOR X360 and PS3

If you purchased UFC 2010, please make sure to acquire the serial code found on the back of the manual inside your package, and redeem at either the PSN and XBOX Live marketplace to activate the online features. Do not pay a $5 processing fee to activate if you bought a new copy, please follow the simple steps found at this link:

community.ufcundisputed.com/blog-post/looking-get-online-multiplayer-read-post

The flow to activate for PS3 users works directly from within the in-game prompts, as designed.

The flow to activate for XBOX 360 users currently only works through XBOX Live Marketplace, per the directions at the link above. The team is currently working with MSFT to fix the in-game prompt so it’s as simple as the PS3 version. For now, please use the simple workaround. Do not inadvertently pay $5 to purchase online if you have a serial key code.

UNLOCK CODES CORRECTION FOR SECRET CHARACTERS (i.e. SHAQ)

If you purchased the UFC 2010 Strategy Guide there was a misprint with the unlock codes. Thanks to one of our savvy community members (you rock Fire979), the correct codes have been posted up on our forums. I’ve reposted them below here:
XBOX 360 users enter these codes at the main menu to unlock the following characters:
Shaq: Right, Up, Left, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, X, Y, Y, X, Start

TapouT Crew: Down, Down, Up, Right, Left, Down, Back, Start.

BJ Penn (Black Trunks): LB, RB, LT, RT, RT, LT, RB, LB, Y, X, X, Y, Start

PS3 users enter these codes at the main menu to unlock the following characters:
Shaq: Right, Up, Left, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Square, Start.

TapouT Crew: Down, Down, Up, Right, Left, Down, Select, Start.

BJ Penn (Black Trunks): L1, R1, L2, R2, R2, L2, R1, L1, Triangle, Square, Square, Triangle, Start.

Entering the code correctly should show a pop up that lets you know the character(s) has/have been unlocked. Fire979, expect a PM from me, want to send you a thank-you gift for posting this first.

SUPPORT PLAN UPDATE, regarding exploits and critical gameplay fixes

Top critical issues such as Super CAF's with respect to point distribution methods, Lyoto's instant-takedown (and all others like it), omoplata submission cancel that returns fighters to standing, are all being heavily looked in to by the dev team right now with the right assessments and fixes necessary. And that's just the tip of the iceberg amongst many other fine-tuning/technical issues being delved into thanks nearly 100% to your continued community feedback. Regarding these fixes, I will keep you posted on their status in as much as possible so you can start to gauge when they'll be made available. Please keep your eyes posted on the forums for continued support updates.

FIGHTER STATS / ATTRIBUTES UPDATED

If you didn’t notice, or download the auto-update, all the fighter stats/attributes in UFC 2010 we’re recently updated to their present stats. As process goes in sports game development, content and stats are locked well before a game is sent to manufacturing. Therefore, we want to ensure your fighters are always mirrored realistically with their current stats in as much as possible. If you purchased the strategy guide, please note, this does effectively make some stats printed inaccurate as of today, however all the fighter strategies and tips are still completely accurate and well advised to use. The strategy guide will help take you from amateur to pro, more importantly, so will entering the cage with your gamepad a lot!

This is quite a lengthy update, but hopefully it brings in to perspective everything being worked on currently by our development, web, online, and 1st party teams. If you post a comment or issue, please try your best to keep it constructive and specific so we can understand any problems you might be having. Aside from that, back to addressing all the above so we can keep you in training!

We’re listening,
-THQ Tank

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: UFC Undisputed 2010 status update

I just think its funny they were told about the omaplata issue and told us it wasnt going to be a problem
Old 06-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

As long as they fix submissions, I'm fine. This game will go from a 5 to a 9. If they don't, I will break this garbage fest all over my floor.

Spoiler
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 06-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
As long as they fix submissions, I'm fine. This game will go from a 5 to a 9. If they don't, I will break this garbage fest all over my floor.

Spoiler
For me the biggest issue is the knockouts. It kills every fight because you just know that 90% of the time, if not more, it's going to end in a knockout and there isn't that surprise or excitement when you do get a KO like there should be.

I was playing a bit last night and there was 2 matches where I called EXACTLY when I was going to get knocked out or knock the CPU out. Now it could have been a fluke, but the fact I did it twice probably shows it isn't.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
For me the biggest issue is the knockouts. It kills every fight because you just know that 90% of the time, if not more, it's going to end in a knockout and there isn't that surprise or excitement when you do get a KO like there should be.

I was playing a bit last night and there was 2 matches where I called EXACTLY when I was going to get knocked out or knock the CPU out. Now it could have been a fluke, but the fact I did it twice probably shows it isn't.
Yup, also true. For me I can just raise the difficulty a little bit and avoid most of issues regarding the knockouts, but since the ground game is such a joke I think most people stand up to throw haymakers rather than get technical.

It's especially frustrating because these were such large issues in last years game. You would THINK they would be like "Hey, we had major issues with these topics in the last version - We should probably fix those, right guys?"

I don't know. It's just such a let down at this point, but it can still be saved if they want it to be.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yup, also true. For me I can just raise the difficulty a little bit and avoid most of issues regarding the knockouts, but since the ground game is such a joke I think most people stand up to throw haymakers rather than get technical.

It's especially frustrating because these were such large issues in last years game. You would THINK they would be like "Hey, we had major issues with these topics in the last version - We should probably fix those, right guys?"

I don't know. It's just such a let down at this point, but it can still be saved if they want it to be.
What difficulty are you playing on?

Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
What difficulty are you playing on?
Beginner. I am doing it for the hope of snagging a submission win, but no luck. Last year I was playing on the hardest difficulty and getting them at a decent rate...
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 06-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I have more of a problem with the ground game as well. Mainly because as I've played through my career I am seeing less and less flash KO's. I'm about 40 fights in and I've had about 10-12 fights end in decisions and have had 4 or 5 TKO's. I know that's still not a very good rate but, I can live with it for now.

Like I said, my biggest gripe is the ground game. I'm not really worried when someone like GSP takes me down because I know I can get right back up with 3 quick moves on the RS or bu holding on to his back for 10 seconds or so.

Hopefully both issues can be patched. If so, game-play will be damn near perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »