Home

Constructive feedback about EA MMA

This is a discussion on Constructive feedback about EA MMA within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Constructive feedback about EA MMA

Post everything that you might want to see patched in or added into the next version of the game. This way stuff won't get lost in the shuffle of impressions, in the impressions thread.

I will start it off.

The thing that is lacking is positions. No single collar tie ? How can you have Randy Coutore in the game, the king of dirty boxing and not have the position he uses the most ? How come you can't throw knees from side control or drop elbows from side control ?How come you can't do submissions from the bottom in half guard ? Where is the north south position ? North south choke, a move Jeff Monson is known for ? The anaconda choke ? A move Jeff Monson and Randy Coutore is known for.
Where is the inverted triangle ? Rolling kneebar from standup ? Standing kimura ? Kimura sweep from guard ? Sweeps period from the bottom. Where is the butterfly guard ? The crucifix mount ? Subs from the crucifx mount ?

The glaring thing I noticed about this game is the lack of variety when it comes to takedowns. So far I only seen 4 different types. When in reality there are dozens used in MMA. And they need to be discipline specifc takedowns. Meaning I shouldn't be seeing EVERYBODY doing judo hip toss.
The only game I ever seen that even made Judo discipline like the real life Judo was UFC 2009. They had their own throws and sweeps in that game. UFC 2010 and EA MMA make Judo too much BJJ. When in reality there is a difference in style and technique.

In career mode I went to Judo school expecting to learn specific Judo moves only to see a jumping armbar and inverted kneebar special moves. Where are the throws ? The sweeps from bottom Judo has ?

I mean you would think if one wanted to learn advanced leg locks you would have to go to Sambo school or BJJ.

The schools itself are too bland. They need to be more like the UFC 2010 fight camps. Where as each camp followed a specific discipline. And they had their own specific type of throws, takedowns, punches and kicks according to that discipline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Constructive feedback about EA MMA

Patched?
Magnetic/suction takedowns & grapples
Judging

New for next year?
More moves/fighter specific moves/styles
More gyms
Stoppages
Full walkouts
Custom walkout music
Maybe more fight types,like a no rules underground fight club type thing in a parking lot (though I can understand not including anything that),K-1,there's another one I'm thinking of but don't remember the name of,it allows takedowns to score points but have to get up again
Female fighters
Old 10-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

K-1 isn't MMA......
Takedowns for points and get up again isn't MMA either.....

If you add those 2 things, it would just be a Martial Arts game instead of a MIXED Martial Arts game. And might as well add Judo rules, Tae Kwon Do rules, Shooto Rules, Abu Dhabi rules
Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Longer ring walks.
Better presentation on par with Showtime's and HDNet's broadcasts of SF and Dream.
New Commentary.
In game sliders
More replay modes.
Sliders for Create a Fighter.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Yeah I miss sliders for create a fighter.....Game face isn't up to snuff yet. Looks like they relying way too much on game face. These pre-made heads look TERRIBLE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

• Grappling needs more positions.
  • More take downs and throws
  • More submissions
  • More ground positions, crucifix, North/South, etc
  • Knees from side controls'
  • More stumble animations
  • Fight Night Rd 4 Replay editor!!!!!This one is huge to me
  • Improved judging, I had 2-10/7 rounds and 4-10/8s in one match last night
  • Cut stoppages
  • Ref should come in to stop TKO and the beating
  • Sliders for sure
  • More TV like presentation. This is where all sports games can learn something from NBA 2k11
  • Different fighter styles(punch and kick looks)
  • Ring girls
  • visible damage on leg kicks/body shots such as pink, purple, to deep dark purple for sustained damage
  • Improved Gameface
  • Cage interaction from ground control. Offense and Defense can be made either tougher or easier by using the cage from the ground.
  • Women MMA. I would love to see Cyborg, Gina Carano, Erin Toughill, Kelly Kobold, etc

Last edited by Phobia; 10-22-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
K-1 isn't MMA......
Takedowns for points and get up again isn't MMA either.....

If you add those 2 things, it would just be a Martial Arts game instead of a MIXED Martial Arts game. And might as well add Judo rules, Tae Kwon Do rules, Shooto Rules, Abu Dhabi rules
Sure it is. K-1 is kickboxing. Mixing boxing and Thai or karate or wherever they get the kicks from.

Using kick boxing with takedowns is mixing kickboxing with judo or whatever.

Yup can add all those too! Then all those martial arts would be mixing together.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

I remember they actually had a K-1 game back on the PS2.....didn't sell well though, not in the USA anyway. It was a pretty fun game though.

But yeah I don't get that no knees or elbows from side control thing. You would think that would have been a given. Same thing as kimuras from the bottom. As it stands now, a BJJ fighter is kind of limited on the ground from guard. Only subs you can do from guard bottom is triangle, armbar, omaplata and gogoplata. And you can't do no subs from half guard bottom.

They really dropped the ball on that one. Same thing with sweeps from the bottom. I remember in UFC 2009 Judo fighters had all kind of sweet sweeps from the bottom.

I mean they had wrist control which is nice, but no butterfly guard control. The lack of bruising on the body is a problem too. If somebody gets peppered with body shots and leg kicks, I would expect to see redness, purpleness, some kind of visual sign that my shots is causing damage and pain.

Even though they talk about the liver shot, I haven't been able to stop a fight in the game with repeated liver shots. I caused a tko with repeated kicks to the gut against Fedor yeah....but that is about it.

And I agree they need to work on the variety of strikes. Wrestlers, BJJ, Judo and Boxers shouldn't be throwing out leg kicks the same way a Kickboxer or Muay Thai fighter does. Same way ground fighters shouldn't be throwing punches the same way as stand up fighters.

And on the ground with back mount, the guy on the bottom, depending on the discipline should have a roll forward escape or a knee bar from backmount bottom. I mean in real life, a person on top in backmount just can't stand over a person's back, leaving their ankles esposed like that.

I mean that is how Brock got subbed against Mir in their 1st fight. He had the back mount, left his leg out there too long and Mir grabbed his ankle and twisted him down into a heel hook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »