Home

SimWorld presents: The NBA2K16 Experience (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on SimWorld presents: The NBA2K16 Experience (Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-18-2016, 01:33 AM   #425
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: SimWorld presents: The NBA2K16 Experience (Xbox One)

Man yall owe yall wives big time. Feb 14th!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #426
Rookie

OVR: 0

was the podcast necessary? seems to me like a post would have saved everyone five minutes. It is what it is though, I know everyone will complain about this post, the truth is, I personally know, myself and another guy edited an entire free agent pool (ratings, tendencies, signatures, etc.) in nba 2k15, in ONE WEEK, so when I see you continuously say, a team of 5+ people, working 15+ hours a day cant finish it in 2 weeks, yet look at our twitch and youtube channel's for updates, something sounds fishy. You guys wouldn't be looking for ad revenue clicks would you?

Again, I know i'll take a lot of heat for this post from your lackeys, but in all honesty, life isn't rainbows and unicorns, clearly your not being honest in your eta's...
Old 01-18-2016, 05:34 AM   #427
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
Alright guys...

I'm only semi-lurking the forums at this point but the SimWorld project was one of the primary reasons I bought 2k16 (still have hardly used it) and I'm definitely anticipating this.

We appreciate the work the SimWorld team does, and I'm sure the final product will be more than worth it

Also when this comes out you really need to relax for a while

Last edited by Melbournelad; 01-18-2016 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:28 AM   #428
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runkel
was the podcast necessary? seems to me like a post would have saved everyone five minutes. It is what it is though, I know everyone will complain about this post, the truth is, I personally know, myself and another guy edited an entire free agent pool (ratings, tendencies, signatures, etc.) in nba 2k15, in ONE WEEK, so when I see you continuously say, a team of 5+ people, working 15+ hours a day cant finish it in 2 weeks, yet look at our twitch and youtube channel's for updates, something sounds fishy. You guys wouldn't be looking for ad revenue clicks would you?

Again, I know i'll take a lot of heat for this post from your lackeys, but in all honesty, life isn't rainbows and unicorns, clearly your not being honest in your eta's...
Oh, boy...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2016, 07:53 AM   #429
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

What's the point of this? It's free and they do the best work I've ever seen done on this game. I just don't see the point of being a jackass because they missed a date. Even if they were looking for revenue clicks, I would click everyday out of support. Change your mind frame, instead of thinking about what you aren't getting today, think about what you are gonna get to have when they finish. Just try it, you will feel the difference.

Finish when you can guys, you got a legion of guys out here who support what you do.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 01-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #430
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

There are OH so many things that I would like & should say in response to this but i'll only roll with these:

1 - "Personally" you and the "other guy you know" should have offered your assistance if you edit that fast & further more we should have clearly been using you guys' roster as a base all of these years. Next year we will just await your project as we are not doing one.

2 - Things take us a "little" more time because we test it ALL to MAKE SURE IT WORKS ACCURATELY and 5+ of us are not working on things simultaneously because that's an impossibility and more importantly there are only x amount of hours in a day after work. Also many times other team members are unavailable & you likely don't wanna work over their edits so things can stall. Lastly life, sickness, kids, work, deaths in the family, internet issues, testing... etc., etc.

3 - If you are able to make this happen so much more quickly you should have done a roster yourself instead of waiting on ours.

4 - Please give us more info on this ad revenue deal & how we can get in on this?

Truth be told after this year I will honestly just share our scales although a LOT of what we do falls outside of our scales & new ones have to be tested & created each year... but yeah I think I'ma just share all of our many scales and formulas & just let the community do the work and see how much cohesion, consistency & how complete of a project gets put out.

I HATE giving ETA's because of all of the variables & any of the old heads know in the past I would & would just be ghost until completion; this year I tried to be more interactive & the result was mostly positive but we get met with some douchery posts like these. We give ETA's based on what we think we can accomplish but as Dreece stated LOTS of things happen because as you stated runkel, "life isn't rainbows and unicorns". Some of us have had deaths in the family in the past 2 weeks, some of us have been desperately ill, some of us have had family emergencies & so on & so on... My PR responses are above... My personal response is: Do it yourself if you can't wait on us and leave your derailing comments for the people that provided you a game that needed that much editing in the first place. You gave them $60+ with a staff of ____ working on it ____ a day as their actual job in which they got paid for (now THAT'S fishy).

To everyone else; thanks for the understanding. We have nothing sneaky going on. I'd like to think we have been some of the most transparent people out here. Just for the record though my communication will now cease until we are complete.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 01-18-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #431
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

In the same way that I don't understand why this post is necessary. If you don't want to wait or have a problem with the eta, just find another roster set, man.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #432
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Oh boy, so many things I want to say about this post but I will hold back. I will say that I have personally offered to donate money to this project as a way of showing my appreciation for the hard work the SimWorld folks have done and they have respectfully declined payment. So if they are simply trying to gain clicks for ad revenue, um I think someone missed the point behind revenue. But hey, you're the smart one, clarify that for me.

This project is a deep and comprehensive retooling of the existing rosters,draft classes,sliders, etc of the game. If this were any easy process, one, 2k would have gotten it right the first time and two anyone would be able to accomplish this in a week. But anyone that has tried to redo rosters or and in my opinion the bigger pain, sliders, can take weeks and months to get balanced. Add in that the draft classes are being created from scratch and you have a project that I would estimate taking 3-6 months for completion. At least that's the time frame I would give if this were a project for my work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »