Home

Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2023, 08:43 PM   #265
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Schnaidt1's NBA 2K23 Sliders and settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I've made sliders (and apps!) for a long time, and I can confidently say it is nothing special, really. 97% of the experience is game design, and us slider makers are tinkering with the final 2-3%. I've gotten credit for a lot of hyperbole on many occasions.

Having said that, I like Schnaidt's work and don't really care how he handles it all, one way or another. I look forward to what he comes up with, however he decides to share it.

But I'll just say, to anyone who will listen, there are FAR better ways to make money than in adjusting sliders for video games.
Yeah I never see as much variation in slider sets to justify the concept of a "premium" set. I don't mean that as a knock on anyone, but it like you said how much a slider can change the game is limited. Usually slider sets tend to settle on some universal patterns.

About your comment on hyperbole, full agree. Moreso with roster overhauls but there is a lot of placebo at play with sliders as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 05:11 PM   #266
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

They don't have to pay. It's free bro. My members get early access... But the sliders get posted publicly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
Wish you didn’t revert into asking people to pay you for your slider!! You need to come back on here Schniadt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 09-15-2023, 05:11 PM   #267
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Wait seriously? He's locking sliders behind a paywall?

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 09-15-2023, 05:13 PM   #268
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

This is correct. I'm trying to grow my YouTube channel. The slider videos and settings get posted there.

My members get 3 days early access then it's public. You watch the video, you get the sliders. It's that simple.

There is no paywall. Everyone has access.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio
He wants people to watch his Twitch and his Youtube channel, and you can subscribe there for a few bucks too. Essentially, he's saying there's no way to monetize his posts on OS, so he's gonna stick to the platforms where he can so that the work he puts in yields at least a little bit of money. That's how I have it understood, I don't want to put words into his mouth.

Old 09-15-2023, 05:15 PM   #269
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Pretty much every YouTube channel has a "join button" for Members exclusive perks.

Shady Mike does it for his jump shot fixes..

Dr disrespect does it.

Pretty much all channels do it.

If you don't want the 3 days early access. Don't pay 3 dollars. You will get the video for free.

You know i only went this route because people stopped watching my videos and just came and asked for the info. I had to recoup my lost monetization from views somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
Its still wack in my opinion that he charges to begin with..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-15-2023, 05:18 PM   #270
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

But I'm just testing. Nothing is final.

That video will only be a few minutes long.

You are complaining about not getting sliders that aren't even finished yet.

You realize that right?

I'm just testing.

That's why I'm not showing the changes.

Do you know how many people have grabbed what I've been testing and then trashed them and made huge complaints about the gameplay ? From an unfinished set.

I had to do what i had to do because of those kinds of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio
Yeah, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't think any slider set is "special", it just depends on which one plays the way you want to play. Sports games are different that way, in that you can tweak them so much to fit the play style you want to experience. Schnaidt has somehow always met that criteria for me, going back to his first slider set way back when. I've tried them all but his always felt the best.

I don't mind him trying to monetize, I think my biggest gripe is that they're in video form now. It's tedious to have to watch an hour long stream just to get the set. It's why I still visit OS, even though it still looks like a site from 1999.

Old 09-15-2023, 05:41 PM   #271
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

I put in hundreds of hours into the content I create for free, for everyone. I decided on a whim I wanted to try and have a Youtube channel. I started making videos with the sliders and settings I would post here for free and it worked, my channel started to grow. Then people started realizing they didnt have to watch my videos, they just knew who i was and they wanted my work and knew how to find it. They would find my threads here or search my GT and just grab the info.

So I made the decision to stop posting here beginning with Madden 24. I will not post my 2k24 content here either. I gain absolutely nothing from it. I dont get new Youtube Subscribers, I dont gain followers on Twitch. I am basically giving away 80 to 100 hours of work for free....too so many people who complain, criticize, feel entitled, OS has become exhausting. This is not the place that it used to be, and to be honest....posts above with blatant misinformation and calling my attempt at growing my channel and making a little bit of money as "cringe" are exactly why I left this place.

My content is free to anyone who clicks on my Youtube video and watches it. I do offer a "members" option for $3 for early access to slider releases as well as beta sliders and things i am testing. Some people are appreciative of me and want to help support me, others are fine being patient and waiting.

My discord is over 2,100 strong of people who are nice and supportive and don't wine and complain. everyone helps each other out and asks questions and provides feedback. We do not have toxicity and what little we have are instantly 86'd by myself or a mod.

Thank you for reminding me why I haven't been on OS in many months, it took my 5 minutes to remember why I left this place. Take care

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2023, 06:31 PM   #272
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I put in hundreds of hours into the content I create for free, for everyone. I decided on a whim I wanted to try and have a Youtube channel. I started making videos with the sliders and settings I would post here for free and it worked, my channel started to grow. Then people started realizing they didnt have to watch my videos, they just knew who i was and they wanted my work and knew how to find it. They would find my threads here or search my GT and just grab the info.

So I made the decision to stop posting here beginning with Madden 24. I will not post my 2k24 content here either. I gain absolutely nothing from it. I dont get new Youtube Subscribers, I dont gain followers on Twitch. I am basically giving away 80 to 100 hours of work for free....too so many people who complain, criticize, feel entitled, OS has become exhausting. This is not the place that it used to be, and to be honest....posts above with blatant misinformation and calling my attempt at growing my channel and making a little bit of money as "cringe" are exactly why I left this place.

My content is free to anyone who clicks on my Youtube video and watches it. I do offer a "members" option for $3 for early access to slider releases as well as beta sliders and things i am testing. Some people are appreciative of me and want to help support me, others are fine being patient and waiting.

My discord is over 2,100 strong of people who are nice and supportive and don't wine and complain. everyone helps each other out and asks questions and provides feedback. We do not have toxicity and what little we have are instantly 86'd by myself or a mod.

Thank you for reminding me why I haven't been on OS in many months, it took my 5 minutes to remember why I left this place. Take care
All of you guys moaning and complaining suck. Like he said, he puts in much time so you can play a stupid game. If you don’t like what he does then get out of his thread and leave him alone. What makes you think you have a right to tear down a dude for making free-will choice about how he spends his time and effort? If we’re talking cringy then coming on here to be negative is the cringiest of the cringe. I love my dudes sliders and the other things he shares so I rock with him. If you are so broke that you can’t pay $3 for something that you obviously cannot do for yourself then that speaks directly to your failure as men. Get a life and get off his jock. Stop whining and do something productive with your time like make you own sliders and YouTube page and Discord account. Go grow you own Twitter audience and see what it feels like to have ingrates come behind you to tear down what you’re trying to build. In 2K, MyNBA is a very small niche of people who are looking for a sim experience. Schnaidt provides exactly what I need to better enjoy the game. He’s accessible, he answers questions and even takes suggestions. No hyperbole included. He’s moved on from here and maybe you should do the same. Grow up and if you can’t, at least shut up. We come here to play video games not to listen to your irrelevant rants. Keep up the good work, Schnaidt. I rock with you.

Last edited by mysticsmoke; 09-15-2023 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Grammar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »