Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-30-2022, 10:57 PM   #1017
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

Yup, been like this the last 2 weeks. Game went from Goat to absolute garbage for me. CPU just cant hit their shots and always shooting 27-35% range. Im on All star, if i bump up the difficulty then i cant score at all. On launch the game was fantastic, contested shots could go in etc, now it just feels like im playing 2k22 CPU again.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:28 PM   #1018
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Whats your shooting sliders for the user on HOF?
If you're primarily playing a shooter based team like Brooklyn,GSW with easy shot release,default values works great and contested shots almost always go in.

For the other teams 60 is a good baseline for user shooting too.Core of the problem is with the latest tuning they made shot impact so high even just a little contest bricks the shot.Lowering Jump shot gather/release to 45 with a good overall team gives me solid results.

SM-G960F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Last edited by ConQrDie; 09-30-2022 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:13 AM   #1019
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

You guys have to expect some differentiation between games, Especially using heavily edited rosters/sliders. That daily update isn’t changing the game this much. You’re going to drive yourself crazy, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2022, 08:51 AM   #1020
MVP

OVR: 4

Yep I'm crazy. I'm currently playing something different at the moment and will have to adjust.

Sadly my combo of roster/sliders with new tweaks got the cpu in the cheese bag like previous 2ks.

Pg shooting hooks over crowds of defenders, zig zapping around the basket until someone helps or they can get uncontested layup animation. I could go on and on but it's no point here. Automatic points if my team touches a screen/pick

This forum isnt a part of my daily life but to see some weird stuff(lots of old 2k wtf moments) after a few days. Helps knowing I'm not completely crazy seeing others notice change good or bad.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:05 PM   #1021
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really hope MLB The Show is taking notes because I think the ERA thing would translate very well to baseball and all the history of that sport.[/quote]

Agreed, ERA’s with accurate stadiums and gameplay matching that time period. Would be epic! Custom rosters makes this kind of achievable now but need more old stadiums, a little easier for 2K with courts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2022, 04:24 PM   #1022
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You guys have to expect some differentiation between games, Especially using heavily edited rosters/sliders. That daily update isn’t changing the game this much. You’re going to drive yourself crazy, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea exactly. And there's a realistic side to that too sometimes even good teams on offense don't shoot well.

I've had a real variety of games. Played the mid 2000 Rockets one game. Tmac went off. Second game he struggled and the offense really went through Yao. My defense wasn't that much better. Tmac just missed shots he hit in the 1st game. Some were wide open.

Played another game against 2000s cavs. Lebron looked average at best in the first and was playing passive.And they were really running the offense really through Larry Hughes. Then Bron got a few to fall and they hammered me with him in the second half.They made it a point to get him the ball every time down the court.

Seems like the cpu is much smarter and knows when it needs to get the stars the ball. Which is fun. Because you really have to make adjustments.

Finally though I think some teams just have awful playbooks. There are a few teams that shouldn't be that bad. They run some really weak and predictable offensive plays .
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2022, 09:24 PM   #1023
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

The CPU shooting went down on HOF in a bad way to the point I'm getting super bored like 2k22
Why did they tone down the CPU shooting in this latest update🤦

I didn't see complaints about the CPU this time
I was getting my butt kicked by different superstars
That's what made it seriously fun this year

Bad enough all of 2k tweets are for park players unfortunately

2k why y'all keep doing this 🤷
Old 10-01-2022, 09:35 PM   #1024
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I haven’t noticed any difference from day one til now. CPU hasn’t shot well against me from day one, not even on HOF. I’ve bumped their shooting sliders even further and it hasn’t got much better. I use real %. I’m 15-2 with the 83 Lakers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »