Home

I am a MyEra/MyLeague diehard. Here are three things I would like to see in 2k24

This is a discussion on I am a MyEra/MyLeague diehard. Here are three things I would like to see in 2k24 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-01-2023, 09:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am a MyEra/MyLeague diehard. Here are three things I would like to see in 2k24

1. Ported draft classes from 2k23 to 2k24. Please port all draft classes for Xbox Series X and PS5.

That would save me and other draft class creators so much time and it makes a lot of sense.

2. Improved CPU MyEra/MyLeague GM logic. I would like to see these teams think like real GMs. Not trading future unprotected first for Amal McCaskilla which ends up being Kevin Durant. Let's really dig into improving the logic of the CPU to where it's like real life.

3. Some added presentation. I feel like it's been minor upgrades over the last five years. I do like the 80s, 90s, and 2000s TV style but i would like more presentation like maybe a TNT styled weekly show that covers the games of the week, top draft prospects, teams that are trending up or down and jokes on the teams trending down from Shaq or Kenny. I would also like to see more presentation for the NBA Draft. It's pretty bare bones.

I am surprised how at this stage (Feb), this mode isn't buggy, keep that up. That's unusual for 2k as I usual drop this game because of bugs by this time of the year. That's been a big win.

Others may have more in mind but I feel like just these additions would add hours of game play. I still feel like CPU MyLeague AI is still the biggest flaw of 2k franchise mode and it always has been. If this can change and it becomes hard not to dominate this game mode, that would be nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2023, 08:01 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: I am a MyEra/MyLeague diehard. Here are three things I would like to see in 2k24

You gotta go in and add draft pick value esp for late years. Cpu sleeping on them and doesn’t seem to accurately forecast like we’re contending but in 4 years our star will be washed and on an albatross contract. I’m consistently getting new talent, when I play for keeps, I am a jack *** like Danny ainge as a gm. Lol u start getting over 30 and I might send you off, unless you are an all time great.

Sometimes I wanna keep people w franchise for statistical milestones, ring count etc.

That’s another thing: way too easy to dump a meh player on a terrible contract.

I have tried house rules and I don’t follow them, so I’d like to see a mode without trade finder or any trade calibration that is instant. It should take days or weeks to hash out. It’s also way too easy to just fire your whole staff and get high level replacements.

I’d also like the computer to try more trades (maybe not while I’m simming, but be creative and do thoughtful moves.) I have trade check on so it’d be cool to look over them and think like hmm. Mostly the trades are like bum a for bum b. Kaayy.

-Smak
Old 02-03-2023, 12:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I am a MyEra/MyLeague diehard. Here are three things I would like to see in 2k24

I too have been a die-hard in the MyNBA Eras. I agree with a lot of what you are saying and would add the following:

1. More models for some stars. A rookie Kevin Garnett or Steve Nash as they looked so different. Kobe and Shaq have some great alternate looks. Skinny Manute or skinny Shawn Bradley.

2. More presentation advancements. The Jordan era presentation is great for the first half of the 90s but I'd love to see changes by 95-96. Bringing in a little more onscreen in terms of stats and looks that represent that time.

3. More eras! 1995-96 with expansion and the draft class from that next year. I simmed and edited to get a good representation of that year and it has been a blast, but I would love to see 2k give us the option to start there. 2008-2009 or 2012-2013 would be other good starting points for the draft classes that followed.

4. More shoes from different eras.

5. More courts for teams like Phoenix, Atlanta, Houston, and San Antonio. Fix the shadow issues if you edit an arena.

6. Keep working the players to add more faces and rosters.
Old 02-03-2023, 03:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ken
2. Improved CPU MyEra/MyLeague GM logic. I would like to see these teams think like real GMs. Not trading future unprotected first for Amal McCaskilla which ends up being Kevin Durant. Let's really dig into improving the logic of the CPU to where it's like real life.
I wonder if the 2k devs have ever internally tested negative assets and how it went. It's such a huge and obvious missing factor in 2k. Some guys should straight up be worth negative stars in the trade UI, depending on who you're dealing with.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Have the cpu offer in-season extensions again. You have all-NBA players changing teams every 4 years otherwise.

Add a buyout market.

Add back off-season training camps or give us a way to raise a player’s potential without editing them. I miss developing 2nd round or undrafted players and it’s basically impossible without the untapped potential training camps.

Bring back the pre-2k22 training system. I want to have complete control over which attributes I want to increase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2023, 06:39 PM   #6
Pro

It does feel like the boat has sailed on this one as they don't make any money off it. It's such an incredibly in depth mode but you also pretty much have to control all teams in terms of trading and re-signing to get something resembling a realistic experience.

My big one is signing draft picks. It's been pretty much coded forever that the CPU won't sign second rounders (aside from Eurostashes), no matter where they were picked or how good they are. I want a league where there can be sleepers found and developed but the CPU just has.no interest in any pick that isn't 1-30.

Also, bizarre waivers. I take over all teams and do contract options so they make sense, then I'll get to free agency and half the guys I accepted the offers on are unrestricted free agents because the CPU then waives them. I've even seen Josh Giddey waived after his third season.

Keeping approval on for trades is essential too, especially during the first round of the draft when the CPU seems obsessed with trading every second lottery pick for readymade players that don't really make sense to the team trading then.

I could write a thesis on the immersion-killers with generated draft classes, which I use as I want a unique game world.

It's both such frustrating mode and probably the best mode of its kind in sports games. Microtransactions have ruined it a bit though as they clearly aren't going to stick a lot of resources into it going forward to improve CPU logic.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Question Re: I am a MyEra/MyLeague diehard. Here are three things I would like to see in 2k24

The scouting and drafting system for auto-generated classes is so bad. I’m tired of 5’9 23 year old point guards and small forwards with no 3, no “D” and no athleticism. Everyone comes tatted up like Chris Andersen or doesn’t even look remotely human facial wise. The “name pool” needs an update too. How many Barry Carrolls and Morris Sr.’s can there be?

Their tendencies don’t match their attributes either, point guard posting up like they’re Shaq and 25 3pt centers shooting like Steph. Their peak starts and stops are too short, they stop progressing at 23 and start regressing at 28. They don’t develop well either, after 15-20 years there’s usually only a couple of players with overalls in the 90’s.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:43 PM   #8
Pro

There are so many cool hair options as well but no, every second prospect has to look like Alec Baldwin after five hours in a tanning salon. I spend half my time on the game editing players after they've been drafted to look somewhat realistic.

The names/nationalities are all messed up on next gen too. Previously you could tell where players were from by the names assigned, now you'll get an African American point guard from Wyoming called Jiyuan Chen, you'll get Leftos Christos from Nigeria, someone called Arvydas from England, Dean Woolridge from Russia, Hakeem Adejyi from Turkey etc.

Every draft class having 50 players that averaged 25+ ppg or 13+ rpg in college. All international prospects having equally gaudy stats.

Wingspans ffs! So many dinosaur arms. And as you say, seemingly no real link between physical measurements and potential/draft rating.

Every draft class having 20 players who are 7'2 or taller.

I was hoping they might have improved generated draft classes on next gen but they're still as ridiculous as ever.

Last edited by sirdez; 02-03-2023 at 07:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »