Home

Any word on the crowed/announcer audio channel issue?

This is a discussion on Any word on the crowed/announcer audio channel issue? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Any word on the crowed/announcer audio channel issue?

If there is a last minute fix to be made can this please be addressed? I have 2k14 on the PC and Xbox One both connected to a Phillips TV with an HDMI cable. NBA 2k14 sounds great on the PC and horrible on the Xbox One. The One version tries to and fails miserably at emphasizing the announcers over the crowed regardless of how you you edit settings.

While the announcers talk the crowed is quieted. So this effect is worse when you change the settings to make the crowed louder and the announcers softer. I know this can be tough to audio visualize.

I like 2k14's announcing. Its elite in the genre but I like hearing the crowed too. 2k13 and 14 had the best crowed ambiance in the series. It had the most realistic and hyped Raaaaaaa!!! sound of the crowed after a big play. You can edit the settings to hear the announcers at any volume you wish. With 2k14 on the PC I can edit the announcer so they are just under the crowed. I hear about 90 percent of what they say. Every now and then they are drowned out especially in the playoffs. That is vintage audio and one of the things I loved about 2k13 and 14 on the PC. I like the fact that I can edit them so they are just drownable. Hearing only 85 to 90% keeps the audio fresh and its realistic.

On the One the announcers and the crowed are competing. After a big play you hear Raa*announcers*,aaa*announcers*aaaa*announcers*aaa a*announcers*aaa!!!!
The emphasis is built in.
As someone who likes to blast the sound or wear earphones (I know its bad, I also stare at the sun) I cant enjoy 2k14 on the One loud. The louder it gets the more distorted the sound channel battle sounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »