Home

Are you going to get the game?

This is a discussion on Are you going to get the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you going to get the game?
Yes 144 83.24%
No 6 3.47%
Undecied 23 13.29%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2014, 03:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Are you going to get the game?

So with about 2 weeks to go in till the game comes out I was wondering if everyone is going to get the game or not or if they are undecided? I am undecided. I love what NBA 2k15 has added in franchise mode but I was disappointed last year with the game play has no matter what I did the defense was not that good and the CPU scored way way to much in the paint. It was like no matter what I did with the sliders ever game was like a 120-110. It was just about impossible to have a game where I didn't score at least 100 points and on default pro the CPU would average like 90 points in the paint. Even with slider adjustments the CPU would still score way to much in the paint. I fell like the defense was just about broken last year and the CPU would almost never take a pull up jump shoot. Has the defense been improved a lot? Dose the CPU take pull up jump shoots this year? I need to see more game play before I can be to hype for the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 04:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are you going to get the game?

Already preordered so, I guess it's a yes for me.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:26 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealdor
Already preordered so, I guess it's a yes for me.

Are you nervous about how the game is going to turn out? I know we know about a lot of what has been added to the game but I fell like we really haven't heard about any thing when it comes to improvements to the game play.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
Rookie

I am going to wait and see what others have to say about the game first. Let them find the problems first. You know there will be issues but hopefully not like last year. It will be the first time in a few years I don't get a nba 2k game within the first week.

With that being said from what I seen it looks like this game looks really good and 2k14 for ps4 and Xbox was almost like a beta for 2k15. I said last year that visually 2k14 was the best sports game ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2014, 04:42 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysteele07
I am going to wait and see what others have to say about the game first. Let them find the problems first. You know there will be issues but hopefully not like last year. It will be the first time in a few years I don't get a nba 2k game within the first week.

With that being said from what I seen it looks like this game looks really good and 2k14 for ps4 and Xbox was almost like a beta for 2k15. I said last year that visually 2k14 was the best sports game ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visually the game looked great hands down the best looking sports game so far. I am just wored about points in the paint and far to often when you where dripling you would get that animation where the player would pick up the ball and kind of stuble I really hope those to things are fixed. The points in the paint made nba 2k14 just about unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 05:19 AM   #6
Rookie

Man I'm so sick and tired of the forced animations and the lack of control. I am an enormous bsketball fan and a gamer at heart, but the direction this franchise has taken is a turn off. I know they like to add new bits and cosmetics each year, but the gameplay to me is lacking. The passing is horrible, the spacing is horrible, and the delay with the controls sucks A$$. I haven't heard of any confirmed improvements in these areas up to this point. I want to see control placed back into the players hands. I want the controls to respond immediately to button presses, on and offline. Add all the cosmetics and gimmicks you want but fixed the gameplay. The players should not move faster than passes. The players should be aware of where the ball is (especially on rebounding attempts). Where are the lobbies? Why is there lobbies in madden but not in 2k? Being a die hard bball fan I have to make a purchase. I just wish 2k would listen to the people.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
Are you nervous about how the game is going to turn out? I know we know about a lot of what has been added to the game but I fell like we really haven't heard about any thing when it comes to improvements to the game play.
It's the first next gen NBA2k for PC and from what I've seen it'll be great. So it's a no brainer for me.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
Banned

I'm actually 2K'd out. I can't believe I'm saying that. 2k14 gameplay had so many animation issues and lack of con trol that I'm taking at least a few weeks off (it's been great returning to games with responsive controls that are sim in nature, aka Forza 5)..I might, like others, wait for OS player feedback before making a decision on 2k15..

*2k also provided me with the worst server/lag and online dependency issues I've had in the last 18 years (maybe ever) , dating back to my PC gamer days.

Last edited by ImaFreeThinker; 09-24-2014 at 08:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »