Home

Installing Discs and Digitally

This is a discussion on Installing Discs and Digitally within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Installing Discs and Digitally

OK lets bring the discussion in here guys. Patience is the #1 key

DISC INSTALLS

Regarding the downloading issues that some of you have been having. This is the most effective way of getting the game fully installed to play.

If you have a disc, as I did its best to:

1. Put the disc in, and do the initial load -w/ progress bar

2. Go in the game to initiate the download, then go to the PS4 notifications > downloads, and wait for the download to finish

3. When the download is done, go back in the game, and play the demo. Here is where you have to wait for the game to unpack. Could take anywhere from 30-60 minutes. Just play, learn the controls enjoy the demo (Miami/San Antonio).

There is no progress bar but keep checking after you finish the game if you can start up the full game, if you can awesome, if not its still unpacking..play some more of the demo or just wait it out. Don't turn the system off or delete anything.

DIGITAL INSTALLS
For you who downloaded digitally and the game is installing very slowly, you have to wait it out. If you can play the demo, then play it.

1.The way this works is, do this one step at a time for the best results. If you did predownload, let that finish first. IF you did, move to step 2, which is initial the main download (yes there is a 2nd one).

2. When the download is done, a banner will come up saying it's complete. Even if the progress says 10/10, it's NOT done until that banner comes up.
So again, Once it's downloaded, wait for the banner that tells you it's downloaded. Don't assume it's ready when the progress is 100%.

3. When the download is complete, the game will start an install. This will take about 20 minutes. During that time, all you can do is play the demo of Spurs v Heat. IF you are getting the Day 1 patch at the same time, the install will WAIT for that to download and thus apply it during the install. So, if you're getting the patch as well, it can take a couple of hours.

Im pretty sure there is a massive server surge and its a HUGE amount of data so its going to take some time, especially if you have a slow connection. If you can hook your console to the router/modem directly, for the download portion, you should do this because wireless takes that much longer to pull loads of data through the air.

Hope this helps. Might not make you happy, but your game isn't broken or anything, its just a lengthy process. Enjoy the demo until its done.[/quote][/quote]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Installing Discs and Digitally

So if i go into my information area under storage and it says that I have 53 gb and nothing is happening does that mean i should be able to play or is it still unpacking?
Old 10-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Rookie

bpietro's Arena

OK, I've read it but to be 100% sure.

Once I finish my pre-load download (~50gb), will I need do download it AGAIN?
Old 10-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
yellow

23's Arena

After it downloads it needs to unpack

That's why you just either wait it out or Play some of the demo. It's best to do it step by step to know what point of the process you're at.

Some guys lay night just left the system on and woke up to a working game
Old 10-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

While you are waiting for the demo and the game is unpacking, do you actually have to play? Or can you just let the system sit and let the game clock run out? Reason for asking is because I have somewhere to be after work but I'd like to start up my PS4 and get this process going before I leave. Anyone try this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

You can just let it sit you don't have to play hence why I said a couple of guys here from last night with the same issue just key the system on and went to sleep and woke up to an installed game.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been sitting on 47/47 GB for about 30 minutes now. The game has been installing for about 17 hours now.

And you're telling me the patch is another couple hours. This is ridiculous.
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army
Old 10-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Banned

I have an XboxONE, is my game downloading, unpacking, or installing now because my pre-install completed on Sunday (what was the point of the pre-install?) Is Installing on XboxONE code name for downloading, unpacking, and installing? As I've never seen an install take this long, feels more like it's downloading the entire game even though it says Installing. And I have good internet speed currently at 51Mbps down & wired.

Current install timestamp 32% @ 2:33pm EDT, will update later.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 10-07-2014 at 02:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »