Home

Scripted vs Not Scripted (NOT MYCAREER)

This is a discussion on Scripted vs Not Scripted (NOT MYCAREER) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Scripted vs Not Scripted (NOT MYCAREER)

so i know this is a HOT topic here with the same sides going back and forth with the same arguements.

scripted side says that they were doing everything right (or what they were doing before) and out of no where, the CPU went on a huge run to come back to win, while the other side says, "LOL , GET GOOD" or something more logical along those lines.

well i decided to do a myleague run for LOLS, but after i saw how these debates went, i decided to try to see if i can find any REAL instances of "scripting". i must say, after running the whole season + the finals (im up 1-0 ATM) that the games ARENT scripted BUT 1 team at the correct moment can get hot out of no where and just set fire to anything they touch. all those things guys like shady and etc been saying is true. if you are up by 10 and you lose in the 4th. thats on you. somewhat.

while the game can make people with B Rated shooting get a A rating in the 4th, it is also on the user to find out when this is happening (its really not hard to tell) and start calling timeouts or make the proper adjustments. i went 24-5 in my season with only 2 bad losses. that i put on me for thinking they were going to cool down on their own. nah. you cant let the cPU bail you out here. this is up to you.

i wish i was by my ps4 (im handling something ATM) so i can post pics/Vids to better show what im getting at. but i think most players know what im talking about.

TLDR Version: The game may seem scripted, but its not. 2k has its momentum system give weird boost out on BOTH sides randomly. When it starts Happening, its time to start Adjusting.

Last edited by Ownal0t; 04-21-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Re: Scripted vs Not Scripted (NOT MYCAREER)

i guess people only comment when you say there is without a doubt?
Old 04-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

My argument was not that comebacks don't happen, and it wasn't that you can always stop them either...my argument is that ridiculous momentum swings happen every. single. night. in the NBA, and sometimes you just have to sit and watch no matter how crazy it is...and my frustration comes from people who clearly don't watch, and don't play basketball, because anyone who does either would know that basketball is a game of runs...and I've just grown tired of those who don't know this and think that the better team should win every time. My example will always be earlier in the Season when the Sixers (who started 0-17) btw...had a 23 point comeback vs the Heat (Who at the time was a 5 seed). I mean you can even look at last night, did you see Steph Curry start missing everything in the fourth quarter? He had 0 points!

And the two things that tick me off the most is how 1. People blatantly ignore the runs THEY go on and then act like the game is broken when the CPU goes on a run...they think they should shoot 20/20 from 3 with Steph Curry, and if they don't then the game is "scripted"...and 2. How we have a great DEV in Beluba, who ALREADY has our money btw who doesn't owe this community ANYTHING but he stays active on this forum...has addressed the issue MULTIPLE times, and you have people in this "community" flat out calling the man a liar straight to his face...really? He's coming on here from his computer, in his free time, just to lie to people who he ALREADY got his money from? It's just a shame really.

At times I feel like people never want to lose a game in 2K...if you don't want to lose then why play a "simulation" basketball game? Go play NBA Jam, or better yet switch the game to Rookie/Casual an I bet for whatever reason your "comeback A.I." will have magically disappeared...

And you know what, yea, I'm going to rant a bit here maybe I am a 2K fanboy...because it does frustrate me when people come at this company like that...I think NBA 2K is one of the last true "sixty-dollar" games out there...and this applies to more than just sports games...I see companies like EA dropping garbage like Battlefield Hardline (Which I am extremely salty about because I just dropped $120 on the PC version like a moron and the game is already dead) and then nickel and diming you with hundreds of dollars of DLC, and season passes and what not, and so far 2K has truly been the only company that hasn't hit us with that nonsense...yea you got VC, and yea they went overboard with it in 2K14 but you know what? They saw it upset the community, and they scaled it back and completely removed it from MyLeague and IDK I just respect that and I feel like more people should feel that way...because I'm sorry, I just don't see this type of quality, commitment, and communication from other developers out there.../rant

TL;DR Never said runs don't happen, I just said they are realistic...if you are playing sim you are going to lose, and sometimes it will be to crappy teams. The CPU is going to come back, bad players will have good games, and you are going to either deal with it or go play another game.

EDIT: And for the record Ownal0t that wasn't directed at you specifically or anything like that, just a response to the question.

Last edited by Shady Mike; 04-21-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
Pro

zrohman's Arena

You don't need to make another thread about it. You could have posted that in the other thread
Old 04-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I've noticed lately that the game's pretty inconsistent too...

For example, played a game earlier with the Sixers. Evan Turner drove in and did this one layup animation on Nerlens (in perfect position) and they called a foul.
Back down on the very next possession, I drive in with Tony Wroten on Isaiah Thomas and he throws me to the ground (no foul).

I won't get too much into the shooting, but guys like Crowder and Jerebko were hitting the same threes that Robert Covington and Hollis Thompson were getting but missing..and I know my Sixers releases at this point.

Mainly, I just think it's a mixture of weird momentum shifts and inconsistent fouls/animations that make it seem scripted sometimes.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 02:04 AM   #6
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Hurray! Another Bigfoot thread! These are just so much fun.

(No this contributed nothing because it's a horse that's been beaten to a bloody pile of entrails...)
Old 04-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #7
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

I find it hilarious that the OP felt a need to say (NOT MYCAREER). He lost all creditability at that point. Then he complains no one comments.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sometimes, crazy sh*t happen in this game. But also in life.

End

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »