Home

NBA 2k17, More Builds, Less cheese.

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17, More Builds, Less cheese. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #9
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17, More Builds, Less cheese.

This is great! I honestly just want 2k to get rid of attribute buckets and allow us to upgrade attributes individually.

Love the idea of earning attribute blocks....but again make it so you earn skill points or just extra VC rather to upgrade attributes individually.

The rewarding system is great too because it gives players incentives to play those games or chase after awards to get that extra VC to upgrade your player.

Love the idea of training with mentors and legends to further improve your guy to EARN more VC to upgrade individually (instead of attribute blocks).

Very well thought out and I think if I actually add the community myplayer playstyles thread mixed in but with your thinking of

GREAT 90-99
GOOD 80-89
AVERAGE 70-79
POOR 69 below

We could see much more combination of playstyles. Like you can still GROUP attributes into categories, but still allow for individual attribute upgrades for example:

-Outside scoring (jumpshooting meaning outside the paint)

Close (standing)
Close (moving/shooting off dribble)

Mid-range (standing)
Mid-range (moving/shooting off dribble)

3-point (standing)
3-point (moving/shooting off dribble)

Free Throw

-Inside scoring (meaning layups inside and outside the paint and post up moves)

Layup (standing; this includes standing floaters or the "shot put" floaters)

Layup (moving; this includes normal left/right, floaters, hopsteps; euro steps; and acrobatic layup packages

Post hook shot (inside and outside the paint)

Post control (ability to get good position to receive ball)

Post fadeaway (inside and outside the paint)

Standing dunk

Etc....
Old 08-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #10
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Just remove grouped attributes and go back to the old way of upgrading individual stats, doesn't need to be this complicated...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #11
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Just remove grouped attributes and go back to the old way of upgrading individual stats, doesn't need to be this complicated...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
No, it doesn't at all I totally agree man. But for users who aren't keen to what attributes mean, they can still be GROUPED together so they understand from category perspective, but still upgraded each attribute individually u know what I mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #12
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
So wrong on passing rating being pointless. I have sf with maxed playmaking and pf with 10 upgrades and its huge difference in terms of risky pass success rate, pass speed, pass animation speed. 90+ pass accuracy is the reason why pg's can throw bullet passes through traffic into center sitting under rim without ball being stolen/deflected in pro am.
Perhaps not pointless, but not powerful enough to support a build. Or at least that's just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:24 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
No, it doesn't at all I totally agree man. But for users who aren't keen to what attributes mean, they can still be GROUPED together so they understand from category perspective, but still upgraded each attribute individually u know what I mean?
Thank you for this response.

There are too many casual fans and little kids. 2k must make sure to keep the game simple for these fans. While I do agree, that picking which individual rating you want would be awesome, but it would complicate the game to the majority. Something that 2k doesn't want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
I think point guard should get best shooting ratings, and shooting guard should get best slashing. Because passing stats are near pointless in 2k.

Or they could just buff passing stats...
Passing does matter. Higher rating means passes in traffic go through more often and also passing to players will get their feet set quicker. So much more goes to passing other than pressing x. Using the left stick you can pick where you want the reciever to go. Pass icons are great for throwing skip passes and lead passes but sometimes its hard to control as much x does. But they both have their instances on when to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebb5896
Not to be a pessimist or anything but the game is a month out I think they're pretty much done with 2K17 now. That being said I hope someone takes a look at this and brainstorms about the following year.

I also hope they scrap attribute buckets. I enjoyed planning out what I was going to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I do realize its August and 90% of the game is done. But who knows? a dev may pass by this thread and take some notes for the future 2k.

Last edited by nyccc; 08-12-2016 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:35 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
I think point guard should get best shooting ratings, and shooting guard should get best slashing. Because passing stats are near pointless in 2k.

Or they could just buff passing stats...
If you make point guards have the best shooting then it'll be 2k16 all over again. Everyone will make a point guard because it has the best shooting, ball handling and speed and all other positions will be redundant.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #15
Just started!

2k this is the man!!! Only 2 things. The possibility to create the shot, like in the old games. And the individual attributes, always like in the old games. No attribute in categories
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2016, 12:47 PM   #16
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

All of this is great, but I think it might be too late to put any of it into 2k17 now. Its August. I would, save this for 2K18

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »