Home

Mygm stats

This is a discussion on Mygm stats within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
Rookie

il_tedesco's Arena

OVR: 0
Mygm stats

Is there any announcement from 2k that in 2k17 the myleague/mygm stats are more realistic than last year? Because last year every team had 50 + Rebounds per game and 24+assists per game and other stats were way too high,too. I Hope this will be fixed. It was a Little gamebreaker for me. Besides that the game was perfect...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Re: Mygm stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_tedesco
Is there any announcement from 2k that in 2k17 the myleague/mygm stats are more realistic than last year? Because last year every team had 50 + Rebounds per game and 24+assists per game and other stats were way too high,too. I Hope this will be fixed. It was a Little gamebreaker for me. Besides that the game was perfect...
If you had good roster stats were accurate.

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Been my biggest gripe with NBA2k for years now, its been so long I cant remember the last time stats were accurate in the Association modes. Tryin to remember the last time they were close to accurate, probably NBA2k8, but trying to remember it seems NBA2k10 were close, other than Assist for teams being a little too high. I do remember having to turn off something or your bigs like Shaq would be shooting 3's in the games that get simulated in your league games.

While last year, you could get with a good edited roster, close to accurate stats, that shouldnt be what we have to do to get accurate sim stats. Its actually a bunch of crap that we have to do major editing to get close to accurate sim stats. I thought when they hired Beds to do the rosters, this issue would get solved, but it hasnt yet. Maybe this year the tendencies will be better done by 2k to help with this issue, but some of its issues is also under the hood too that need tweaking by the devs, and not the people who do the player tendency ratings.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

I'm also curious about this. I was able to get accurate stats by setting POE's to certain options. But after watching some leaked gameplay footage, I noticed the POE menu was missing from the loading screen so I'm not sure how this is going to work this year. We need Team/Coach profile settings in order to get these stats right.

Pace was the main culprit of inflated team stats. Because most teams in the league were averaging a ridiculously high number of possessions via default rosters. I was able to fix this to a degree but rebounding numbers remained high.

Last edited by antdoggydogg; 09-01-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #5
Rookie

il_tedesco's Arena

What i dont understand is why 2k never patched this problem in previous versions. They are listening to the community in other aspects of the game but stats never got fixed. Why? Is it such a big problem for them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 04:00 PM   #6
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
What i dont understand is why 2k never patched this problem in previous versions. They are listening to the community in other aspects of the game but stats never got fixed. Why? Is it such a big problem for them?
It might be. David Czar has talked about the difficulty of programming certain things in the game.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
I'm also curious about this. I was able to get accurate stats by setting POE's to certain options. But after watching some leaked gameplay footage, I noticed the POE menu was missing from the loading screen so I'm not sure how this is going to work this year. We need Team/Coach profile settings in order to get these stats right.

Pace was the main culprit of inflated team stats. Because most teams in the league were averaging a ridiculously high number of possessions via default rosters. I was able to fix this to a degree but rebounding numbers remained high.

Also getting players free throw attempts to accurately reflect what they are IRL. Even with God only knowing how many hours of editing went into it, you couldnt really get the numbers you typically see out of the league leaders in attempted free throws each season.

If the people who do rating tendencies for NBA2k do them right, it will get the stats close to accurate. I do think to get it right where it needs to be the devs got to do some under the hood tweaking and fixing, like the issue with rebounds and possessions being too high is something that the devs have to fix, because thats not so much a tendency issue to where it can be fixed by editing tendency of players.

Im so sick of spending every year spending hours upon hours editing and testing and/or waiting for someone else to try and fix their mess when its their job to get this stuff right. I had such high hopes when Beds went to work for them because he was a top roster editor of this game here at OS, but sadly the tendency ratings are still a joke as always. Now the overall ratings I would say has improved somewhat compared to the incompetence of the so called 2k insider. Maybe another year under his belt and this area will be finally fixed, because it has made some very slight improvements since Beds went there to work on the roster ratings, and maybe he isnt even the one who does tendency ratings, Im not completely sure, so dont want to come down on him when this might not even be on him at all.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

There's not much wrong with the stats. The issue is in the actual ROSTERS. Plenty of roster sets created that have solved 85 percent of the sim stats issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »