Home

The Slasher need to be patched

This is a discussion on The Slasher need to be patched within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 03:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Slasher need to be patched

Hi guys !
I have made 2 players . Both Sg one shot creator and one Slasher .
The shot creator is great . You cant make 3 off The dribble ( easy) , break ankle with The badge etc etc . The Slasher here is one dimensional , and some attributes are non sense . For exemple you have The same grade in fadeway post control and sky hook wich 66 for a 6'4 .
Imo The fadeway should be higher for a Sg and The skyhook and post control lower , this corelation should not exist and it hurt very Badly this archetype , because when your opponent know that you can only do lay up and dunk it's over for you .

Ps : sorry for The Grammar i live in France if you devs read this you need to know that here in Europe there is a huge community and it's growing year after year ! Thx for your hard work .

Last edited by hiyadi; 09-11-2016 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Grammar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 03:53 AM   #2
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Re: The Slasher need to be patched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyadi
Hi guys !
I have made 2 players . Both Sg one shot creator and one Slasher .
The shot creator is great . You cant make 3 off The dribble ( easy) , break ankle with The badge etc etc . The Slasher here is one dimensional , and some attributes are non sense . For exemple you have The same grade in fadeway post control and sky hook wich 66 for a 6'4 .
Imo The fadeway should be higher for a Sg and The skyhook and post control lower , this corelation should not exist and it hurt very Badly this archetype , because when your opponent know that you can only do lay up and dunk it's over for you .

Ps : sorry for The Grammar i live in France if you devs read this you need to know that here in Europe there is a huge community and it's growing year after year ! Thx for your hard work .
Such is the price of having types that are detached from position. How much use do you think a lockdown PG has for rebounding? This is what happens when MyCareer is tied to ProAM/MyPark where they want one-dimensional players to enhance teamwork.

Pretty sure MyGM/ML will be my main modes this year and MyCareer will just be for a change of pace.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:31 AM   #3
Rookie

But the shot creator can shoot from outside and he can make dunk and lay up too , i think it's around 75 , and the fadeaway is like 77 , but imnot sure about the exact Numbers . I think that 90% of the 1 -2 Will go with sharshooter or shot creator ... And the opposite of what the devs want will happen : clone evrywere .
Old 09-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #4
Pro

I have a 6'5 slasher PG (205 lbs, 6'8 wingspan). I like the build a lot except for one thing in particular, speed with ball. It's pretty low at around 75-78 (don't remember exactly) and unfortunately this is painfully noticeable in game. I fully upgraded it and these college scrubs still catch up with me on a breakaway. I mean, you shouldn't have to be some elite ballhandler to run fast with the ball. Looks awkward as well going from about 90 speed to 75-78.

I wasn't really aware of the attribute when i made him. Let's be honest here, i saw the "one man fastbreak" badge so there's no reason to be expecting this. Anyway i really hope the gold version of that badge will make up for the turtle speed with ball a little bit. If i knew beforehand, i probably would've went with playmaker instead. I'm just glad i didn't go with LDD, probably would've had about 60-65 speed with ball.

Everything else is fine with me regarding this archetype. I was a little worried about the shooting but it turns out mid range is a 74 for this particular build, based on previous games that should be plenty to hit open jumpers.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:55 AM   #5
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

But...you weren't able to adjust the difficulty in the Prelude. So if you were playing on Pro, then should they patch it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 07:38 AM   #6
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyadi
But the shot creator can shoot from outside and he can make dunk and lay up too , i think it's around 75 , and the fadeaway is like 77 , but imnot sure about the exact Numbers . I think that 90% of the 1 -2 Will go with sharshooter or shot creator ... And the opposite of what the devs want will happen : clone evrywere .
The Slasher is meant for guys who think "Attack! Attack! Attack!". Yeah, Shot creators and others can get to the rim, but Slashers are meant to use the mid to open up the drive, or vice versa. Also, Yes, Shot Creator and Playmaker can dunk, but you are not taking a Big head on with them. 94 in layup and Dunk with 88 in contact Dunk due to vitals, means If I get by a defender and the big rotates I just don't care. I'm going over or through him.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-11-2016, 09:59 AM   #7
nox
Rookie

nox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I have a 6'5 slasher PG (205 lbs, 6'8 wingspan). I like the build a lot except for one thing in particular, speed with ball. It's pretty low at around 75-78 (don't remember exactly) and unfortunately this is painfully noticeable in game. I fully upgraded it and these college scrubs still catch up with me on a breakaway. I mean, you shouldn't have to be some elite ballhandler to run fast with the ball. Looks awkward as well going from about 90 speed to 75-78.

I wasn't really aware of the attribute when i made him. Let's be honest here, i saw the "one man fastbreak" badge so there's no reason to be expecting this. Anyway i really hope the gold version of that badge will make up for the turtle speed with ball a little bit. If i knew beforehand, i probably would've went with playmaker instead. I'm just glad i didn't go with LDD, probably would've had about 60-65 speed with ball.

Everything else is fine with me regarding this archetype. I was a little worried about the shooting but it turns out mid range is a 74 for this particular build, based on previous games that should be plenty to hit open jumpers.
Pg slashers at 6.5 have a downgraded speed

If you want that length go sg or sf and you'll speed will be better man

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox
Pg slashers at 6.5 have a downgraded speed

If you want that length go sg or sf and you'll speed will be better man

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
A Slasher at 6'5 as a PG, SG or SF have the same stats aslong as everything is the same(weight, wingspan, height) A archetype will have the same stats at all positions if your the same height and everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »