Home

XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly?

This is a discussion on XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #81
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
Mine stopped doing it for a few days. However today I downloaded patch 1.10 and I am frozen at the screen with the team logos like before. Gonna delete my reserve space now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be careful with that reserved space trick. I corrupted every file doing it. Have you tried letting it load for 30 minutes? That usually does it for me. Usually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #82
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

OVR: 14
Angry Re: XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly?

Guys... Its doing it again..
Did the latest patch actually re-introduce the problem!!!??? It was fixed for like 2 days...
I am just so fking close to deleting this game and never thinking about it again I can't even...
Old 02-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #83
Rookie

The 1.8 patch didn't work. The game ran fine for me ONE time after I downloaded that patch. I played 3 more times after that and I had to wait 20 to 30 minutes at the logo screen every single time. Same old **** that its been doing since before Christmas. And I go to play the game today and what do I find? Another freaking 7 gig update. This is ridiculous. I bet that doesn't fix it either.

I am DONE with this company. I use to buy the 2k games every couple of years on the 360. I finally broke down and bought an Xbox 1 last year and couldn't resist getting 2k17, especially since it had the 92 Dream Team. But this game has been nothing but a pain in the *** since Day 1. Literally, Day 1 because the dream team download code didn't work for a month. And then there's been this total bull**** logo freeze that makes the game unplayed that's been going on for 2.5 months that 2k tries to blame on its consumers. I was actually thinking about picking up Mafia and WWE, but not any more. I'm not buying anything 2k does. They don't respect their customers. They just throw gimmicks at the wall and hope enough people fall for it every year to cover their operating costs.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #84
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I have a primary and secondary profile for xb1

What I have started doing is signing in with the secondary profile then starting 2k. Once I get to the 2k main menu: I then switch profiles to the primary.

What I have noticed is in have no issues starting the app on this secondary profile. One time the app didn't start on the primary but immediately started on the secondary.

The primary profile is also linked or shared with a friend's profile and that may be an issue. The secondary profile is a home profile.

What does take extremely long is loading into my my court but only for certain characters. I will try to return to my court from park and no exaggeration: it will take in excess of 15 minutes if you wait it out.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #85
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
Be careful with that reserved space trick. I corrupted every file doing it. Have you tried letting it load for 30 minutes? That usually does it for me. Usually.

Thanks for letting me know. I watched a YouTube video that told the reserve space trick, so I've just been using that. But I'll try letting it load next time so I don't run the risk of corrupting

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2017, 01:54 AM   #86
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I have a primary and secondary profile for xb1

What I have started doing is signing in with the secondary profile then starting 2k. Once I get to the 2k main menu: I then switch profiles to the primary.

What I have noticed is in have no issues starting the app on this secondary profile. One time the app didn't start on the primary but immediately started on the secondary.

The primary profile is also linked or shared with a friend's profile and that may be an issue. The secondary profile is a home profile.

What does take extremely long is loading into my my court but only for certain characters. I will try to return to my court from park and no exaggeration: it will take in excess of 15 minutes if you wait it out.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I literally waited 20 min for the game to load me into one of my friends courts today, not getting stuck at the opening screen anymore but all it did was move to the loading screen when joining a park or something.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #87
Banned

I have the game on both consoles and despite the hang at the logo screen being removed, it feels like it's just been pushed into the career loading screen instead.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:27 PM   #88
Rookie

DoWork's Arena

OVR: 1

It was fine for awhile, but now after the last patch it is now getting stuck once again at the team logo's screen.

This is totally insane that a yearly release game that's been out for close to 4 1/2 months now, still has issues simply starting up.

It just shows what a disfunctional mess 2k has become as a company. I've been playing 2k nba games for about 10 yrs now and have never seen anything even remotely as bad as this years game before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »