Home

Unable to do expansion myGM

This is a discussion on Unable to do expansion myGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #9
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Unable to do expansion myGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNoles2009
I agree -- I was so close to doing a last minute pre-order pick up, just like dahlzy19, I skipped NBA 2k17, but liked how you could create expansions.

I know you can still relocate teams and change the landscape around, but is it possible to start a MyGM/MyLeague with an Expansion team?

Please let us know who have not picked up the game yet.
My league you can yes.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
My league you can yes.

Good to know thanks! Just not MyGM -- ODD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #11
Rookie

dahlzy19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
My league you can yes.
Appreciate the insight, I'm not that disappointed then. Once again, didn't play MyGM in NBA 2K17 but it always seemed MyLeauge was more suited to an old school Dynasty player.

Still will check out MyGM though! From my understanding, you still can relocate a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

I loved my expansion team last year but I wound up doing it in myLeague, not myGM... I feel like the financials have always been a little off and with the expansion team in myGM it just seemed plain broken. Like night just too difficult but just plain broken. I would give more details but it was eleven months ago, again I just did myLeague and had a blast because I filled all six slots with other teams as well to use as measuring sticks to how I was doing.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #13
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

OVR: 0

Was also considering doing an expansion team, but couldn't do it, so I just tried the mode to see the story. Simmed a whole season of MyGM. Story is only for 1 season. No more story afterwards. Dunno if I did anything wrong when starting the mode, but wasn't even able to use a custom roster. Weird how they'd take that option away. If I'm wrong, do correct me.

Sent from my R7kf using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #14
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwntrl
Was also considering doing an expansion team, but couldn't do it, so I just tried the mode to see the story. Simmed a whole season of MyGM. Story is only for 1 season. No more story afterwards. Dunno if I did anything wrong when starting the mode, but wasn't even able to use a custom roster. Weird how they'd take that option away. If I'm wrong, do correct me.

Sent from my R7kf using Operation Sports mobile app

I think everything you said is pretty much right on. Basically they ruined myGM mode so they could have a story line for one season. Seems like a pretty poor decision in my opinion. If they thought that would draw more people to myGM I think they will find they were mistaken. If you didn't like myGM before you won't like it now (at least not after the first season). And if you did like it before you aren't going to like it now (because of the restrictions on expansion, draft classes, and rosters).

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2017, 12:53 AM   #15
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11

That's pretty weak, I went 30 plus years with my expansion team in NBA 2K17...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 01:28 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTee
I think everything you said is pretty much right on. Basically they ruined myGM mode so they could have a story line for one season. Seems like a pretty poor decision in my opinion. If they thought that would draw more people to myGM I think they will find they were mistaken. If you didn't like myGM before you won't like it now (at least not after the first season). And if you did like it before you aren't going to like it now (because of the restrictions on expansion, draft classes, and rosters).

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah, the deal breaker with me was the draft classes. I'm a Clevelander, so I always use the Cavs. That Nets pick next year has me excited to pick a real prospect in the offseason, but myGM won't allow me to do this now. I can understand the no custom roster thing for the story line, because certain players and coaches are built in, but with a text driven story I don't see why prospects matter. I may end up starting a MyGM with the Lakers since they may not havea pick next year.

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »