Home

NBA 2K21 Kobe Bryant Mamba Forever Edition Covers For Current & Next-Gen Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Kobe Bryant Mamba Forever Edition Covers For Current & Next-Gen Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-02-2020, 12:38 PM   #49
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Kobe Bryant Mamba Forever Edition Covers For Current & Next-Gen Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Yea Xbox is calling it Smart Delivery where you don't have to pay to upgrade for any of their exclusives. Cyber punk probably the biggest new IP coming out is gonna be upgradeable for free as well because from their words "gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice or pay for upgrades".

You’re technically not buying the same game twice with 2k. If 2k21 current gen/next gen release is anything like nba 2k14 release . Then we’re gonna get two totally different experiences with the games. Whereas a game like Cyberpunk 2077 is more than likely getting a port over to the next gen. Granted I do think it sucks having to purchase twice

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-02-2020, 12:40 PM   #50
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Kobe Bryant Mamba Forever Edition Covers For Current & Next-Gen Revealed

Quote:
Yea Xbox is calling it Smart Delivery where you don't have to pay to upgrade for any of their exclusives. Cyber punk probably the biggest new IP coming out is gonna be upgradeable for free as well because from their words "gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice or pay for upgrades".

One could argue that the difference between NBA 2k21 current/next gen experience could more than different than what we got with NBA 2k19/NBA 2K20

Old 07-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankSinatra
You’re technically not buying the same game twice with 2k. If 2k21 current gen/next gen release is anything like nba 2k14 release . Then we’re gonna get two totally different experiences with the games. Whereas a game like Cyberpunk 2077 is more than likely getting a port over to the next gen. Granted I do think it sucks having to purchase twice

If there's a significant difference between the two versions then I'll be more understanding. Guess it's a wait and see at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 12:43 PM   #52
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTMax
The cancel culture is alive on OS as well it seems, since everyone who's mad / angry / enraged about this is supposedly fake? Get over yourself. If you don't see any problem, fine, but basically forcing people to buy the Kobe edition if they want to continue on next-gen is just nasty. Also, could've just made his edition a regular one or for once just show they're not about profits by either making it cheaper this time so more people could get this special edition cover since it will be a collectors item for sure - or make sure part of it goes to Kobe, his Foundation or something chosen by Kobe's family. Using a dead man's image is not like just using a legend, something that apparently has to be pointed out to people who don't think there's a difference.
Spoken like a true entitled gamer. Like I said before, if other gaming companies adopt a pricing of "$59.99 gives you both generational versions of the game", THEN we can march on Take Two HQ with torches and pitchforks.

However, if other gaming companies adopt this pricing strategy, then it is what it is when it comes to next-gen pricing. As for the donations and NFP comments...come on, man. Take Two is still a business.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:44 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
I'm not surprised considering it's being built from the ground up unlike Madden or other games that offer smart delivery.
Is it really? Did they say this?
Old 07-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
If there's a significant difference between the two versions then I'll be more understanding
Yeah can see 2k21 for current gen being more of 2k20.5 like Madden seems. But Next Gen is being built from ground up next gen, so I can expect a totally difference experience.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #55
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
I know what the intentions of Smart Delivery is...I'm asking about the official pricing across the board for this special feature. Read between the lines...we was forced to buy the game twice during this current generation. Next-gen is giving us an OPTION not to. 2K Sports is just the first company to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 12:52 PM   #56
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Half the proceeds of this better go to the Mamba Foundation or this is just a gross cash grab off a man's death.

I don't care if "everyone wanted it". They're going to sell a crap ton more of these just because Kobe is on the cover and they know it. And this is coming from a guy who still gets sad when he sees videos of Kobe.

Royals Baseball: Catch the Thrill!
Man stop it you don't get to decide what happens.

Obviously his family already had a say in it and that's all that matters.

Just because you watched the guy on TV doesn't mean you get to armchair dictate what goes on behind the scenes when you have absolutely no idea how it got to this point in the first place.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »