Home

NBA 2K21 Kobe Bryant Mamba Forever Edition Covers For Current & Next-Gen Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Kobe Bryant Mamba Forever Edition Covers For Current & Next-Gen Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K21 Kobe Bryant Mamba Forever Edition Covers For Current & Next-Gen Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I know what the intentions of Smart Delivery is...I'm asking about the official pricing across the board for this special feature. Read between the lines...we was forced to buy the game twice during this current generation. Next-gen is giving us an OPTION not to. 2K Sports is just the first company to do it.
I can't speak for the Xbox exclusives but I haven't heard anything to suggest Cyberpunk will be anything but the usual $59.99
Old 07-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #58
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Kobe Bryant Mamba Forever Edition Covers For Current & Next-Gen Revealed

Quote:
Spoken like a true entitled gamer. Like I said before, if other gaming companies adopt a pricing of "$59.99 gives you both generational versions of the game", THEN we can march on Take Two HQ with torches and pitchforks.

However, if other gaming companies adopt this pricing strategy, then it is what it is when it comes to next-gen pricing. As for the donations and NFP comments...come on, man. Take Two is still a business.

I really don’t see the issue . I think this is 2ks way of honoring Kobe . Is it tasteless to force ppl to have to buy the mamba edition to get the “free” copy on next gen ? Maybe. But like mentioned above , we still don’t have a clear picture on the pricing strategies for the next gen console. With this deal you’re getting both experiences for roughly $50 each

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-02-2020, 12:54 PM   #59
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
If there's a significant difference between the two versions then I'll be more understanding. Guess it's a wait and see at this point.
Yeah, it's going to be a wait and see approach. I will admit that I was wrong about the Smart Delivery. It was literally in my mind as "Buy it one time, and I don't have to worry about it for the XBSX version". I thought it was the sweetest deal and best transition to next-gen ever. Aargh!
Old 07-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #60
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankSinatra
I really don’t see the issue . I think this is 2ks way of honoring Kobe . Is it tasteless to force ppl to have to buy the mamba edition to get the “free” copy on next gen ? Maybe. But like mentioned above , we still don’t have a clear picture on the pricing strategies for the next gen console. With this deal you’re getting both experiences for roughly $50 each

Again, no one is forcing you to get the legend edition current or next gen

In general you don't need my team coins or vc to play the base game.

People are wylin

Y'all really out here looking for free copies of a game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #61
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Again, no one is forcing you to get the legend edition current or next gen

In general you don't need my team coins or vc to play the base game.

People are wylin

Y'all really out here looking for free copies of a game.

I apologize if I wasn’t clear in my post. I don’t feel forced to buy the mamba edition . I was just saying people are overreacting a little bit . And with this deal you pretty much getting both versions for $50 each which I think is a good deal .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 01:20 PM   #62
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

The scary part is wondering how many companies had one idea of pricing structures, saw the pricing for NBA 2K21, and then was like "Hold up. Take Two might have just gave us the blueprint for making money during the first year of the next-gen consoles.".
Old 07-02-2020, 01:22 PM   #63
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
The scary part is wondering how many companies had one idea of pricing structures, saw the pricing for NBA 2K21, and then was like "Hold up. Take Two might have just gave us the blueprint for making money during the first year of the next-gen consoles.".
I don't think it works that way.

I had already seen the new crash bandicoot 4 in Canada and while they pay more for games than us, the price on that game was higher as well

Old 07-02-2020, 01:23 PM   #64
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankSinatra
I apologize if I wasn’t clear in my post. I don’t feel forced to buy the mamba edition . I was just saying people are overreacting a little bit . And with this deal you pretty much getting both versions for $50 each which I think is a good deal .

They're over reacting like usual. It's a poverty mentality looking for a hookup.

Just buy what you want or save up for it instead of trying to be in the "first" crowd

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »