Home

NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting, Finishing, Badges & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting, Finishing, Badges & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-01-2021, 02:31 AM   #113
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If you don’t press the shoot button you can just go up and catch the oop and come down with the pass. That may open up the entire inside pass game.
It's like that currently.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:37 AM   #114
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
More intrigued by this write up than anticipated.

When is the last time defense got 4 paragraphs? lol

Post game improvements sound good too. NG2K21 was a wayyy down year for the post game.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Its possible if that section is written by czar Lol i'm excited abt it

There's quite a fair bit of coaching change and he'll usually update the team playbook in the middle of the season. Not sure if he will continue to do that. He's so quiet these days

Excited to run with the Mavs, but wondering if Luka has the same moving speed as Kyle Anderson ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2021, 05:29 AM   #115
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
The picture below is like EA Live but still need to see it in action?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Does this account for point of release? For example Curry has a lightning quick release and it's solid, so if you try to get a quick shot off with him and you have to wait for the zone then that's awful. I always shoot with buttons so not sure how that's changed over the years. Last serious game I played was probably 2k15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2021, 05:37 AM   #116
MVP

I’m not buying on day 1. I trust you offline players currently on 2K21 Next Gen will do a deep dive in gameplay and let us know if the defensive fixes are real.

Also nuances about how MyNBA works now would be great. Also if any legends get updated sigs. Namely MJ. I’d love to see him get some signatures back.
Old 09-01-2021, 06:21 AM   #117
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
My point is that if you can make the best possible game for each platform then do it. Just don't make next-gen owners feel like their version was scaled back in order to appease the previous generation. If they have the capability to give photo-realistic graphics with the best AI in the world (as an example) for next-gen consoles, then they should do it. Period.
I seriously doubt they are leaving much behind. AI is not likely stressing the power of a PS4 as it is, so if maximizing the system for AI processing was a genuine focus they could have done it a while ago. The NG hardware would allow better physics, but I don't think any sports game developer is actually that keen to go down that route properly. Whether or not NG is maxing out visually is sort of irrelevant as no decision to target gameplay parity with old and new consoles would impact how visually great the new game is. This is a non issue IMO - some NG gamers perceived they have been slighted but I don't think anything of the sort has actually happened.

Also, please keep us PC gamers in mind as the PS4 era game is all we have!
Old 09-01-2021, 07:11 AM   #118
MVP

I’m watching the 2K22 clip with Luka and trying to decipher the differences between 21. What I’m seeing is no help defense (some people thought Embiid was going for help but in fact he and another player got caught in each other and kept running like bots to chase the guys they're defending until they broke free), and tons of ice skating sliding (not seeing an ounce of improvement in “foot planting” there) and lots of room left for Luka to shoot, Simmons waiting wayyyy too long to contest the shot, sliding around, missing his cue, and of course not guarding the shot well enough.

We all know Luka captured new signatures so his step back and size up should be better. I’m not seeing much difference in dribbling outside of his new signatures.

Yes, his step back looks more authentic as it should. But it is really THAT much more authentic than this (clip from 21 next gen)? Doesn’t really seem so to me.

https://youtu.be/y0VCqiTGRk8
Old 09-01-2021, 07:12 AM   #119
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If you don’t press the shoot button you can just go up and catch the oop and come down with the pass. That may open up the entire inside pass game.
That’s been in the game for years . Probably would be better pressing the lob entry pass button anyway. Those gather animations coming down from oops usually put you in bad spots.

I’m mostly excited about the removal of ghost contest and revamped post game . The ghost contest killed a lot of the driving/ low post game , if it wasn’t a dunk.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-01-2021, 07:17 AM   #120
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yallasama
I am however disappointed that yet again passing gets passed over...so infuriating! As if it's not part of the game and fine as it is when it is now. It's so basic and with all the expanded abilities for dribbling, the post, size ups, that passing never gets an upgrade shows just a lack of care and making it the best it can be.
They know most of the kids they build this game for these days never pass, so it's a waste of dev time for them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »