Home

Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

This is a discussion on Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2021, 10:30 PM   #241
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Nba2k22 turning off the console (Xbox series X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairusmonillas
It's pretty much a hardware issue if it happens on 2 or more games. The only reason it happens alot on nba 2k because most xbox series games are cross gen, nba 2k21/2k22 are one of the few to push Xbox Series hardware at its limit.

And people are forgetting this is the same company that had one of the biggest hardware defects in home console history. RROD (red ring of death) for Xbox 360.
I think it's a software issue. Bad firmware/2k update file not syncing with Xbox OS. Who knows...

Is it possible to roll back OS firmware and then let it upgrade again??? I would love to see if that does anything...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 10:39 PM   #242
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

It could be fixed. I just got done winning a game by 20 in MyTeam. During the entire 4th quarter, I was praying that the game wouldn't drop, lol.
Old 09-23-2021, 11:47 PM   #243
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairusmonillas
It's pretty much a hardware issue if it happens on 2 or more games. The only reason it happens alot on nba 2k because most xbox series games are cross gen, nba 2k21/2k22 are one of the few to push Xbox Series hardware at its limit.

And people are forgetting this is the same company that had one of the biggest hardware defects in home console history. RROD (red ring of death) for Xbox 360.
the game is wildy unoptimized on all accounts. there are so many more problems than just the crashes we are experiencing here. all they need to do is make the game not use 110% of the console's resources and it would be fine
Old 09-24-2021, 12:51 AM   #244
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj_mayo
the game is wildy unoptimized on all accounts. there are so many more problems than just the crashes we are experiencing here. all they need to do is make the game not use 110% of the console's resources and it would be fine
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

I feel this is pretty much the problem right here. It will be interesting what will happen when GTA6 comes out.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:29 AM   #245
Rookie

the most insane part to me is that I have like 200 hours in MLB the show and it's literally the first year it's on Xbox in a decade, was developed by freaking SONY!! and never once have i had a crash. literally the only problem that game ever had was overpopulated servers for the first month.

i guess all we can do now is keep reporting an outage on the xbox status page and keep making a fuss on internet forums. so so sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2021, 01:40 AM   #246
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

my xsx will be returned from repair on monday sept 27.

i sent it on the 18th. so 9 days from ship to back to me.

they're sending me a "new" xsx. i hope i get a lucky one (as i've said before, my son, directly across the hall plays all the same games.. just as much/more -- his xsx has never ever shut off, not once).

it could be some xsx batches are bad. or a combo of those xsx with software requesting things that are very heat inducing.

that would explain the differences between my son and me with mine constant, his never.. well plausibly.

i guess we'll see monday. they sent a different unit back. not a repair.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 09-24-2021, 01:43 AM   #247
Rookie

there is a SO update (about 700mb) , so maybe now something change.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:51 AM   #248
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Antonio
Have no clue the validity of this, but just had Xbox Support respond to my question of "Is there anything specific people need to do to get the fix for Xbox Series X turning off during gameplay on NBA 2K22?" with this

"Hello Christian, Thanks for reaching out to Xbox Twitter Support. Our apologies for the delayed response as we are receiving a large volume of requests. the issue should be fixed if you are still facing problems ,let's start off by doing a quick power cycle to the Xbox, first go please to Settings > Account > Remove accounts > then select your gamertag and remove it then hold down the power button for about 10 sec until it shuts off then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 min then plug it back in and turn on the Xbox. If this doesn't help too, try a reset to the Xbox and go with the option keep my games & apps, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset Xbox > then select reset and keep my games & apps."

Only now trying these so will report back but I only saw their message fresh off another shutdown during a Brickley workout. No guarantees but these are two things I hadn't done to this point (at least, removing the gamertag or doing the Xbox reset while keeping games/apps)
This worked for some people in my online league. Sadly not for me.
I think that there are a big batch of faulty consoles out there and MS doesn't want to admit that to avoid huge loses.

Edit: Most of them have started to fail again.

Last edited by setis; 09-24-2021 at 07:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »