Home

I Want Your Advice on Ben Simmons

This is a discussion on I Want Your Advice on Ben Simmons within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-08-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
I Want Your Advice on Ben Simmons

Starting a MyNBA with Memphis for this 1st season with as many of the current injuries and suspensions I could set up, including Simmons. After this season I want to expand to Seattle though. What would be a fair trade for an expansion team to get Ben Simmons? 2 firsts? My top expansion draft player and a 1st?

What is realistic? My thought process is Simmons wants out, Philly wants him out and a new franchise in Seattle could use him as the star attraction in the 1st couple seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2021, 01:12 PM   #2
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: I Want Your Advice on Ben Simmons

Depends on some variables, like how realistic you're trying to be, how high the picks are, Philly's needs, who the expansion pick is/whether it's simply the 8th best player unprotected on a good team or a team trying to shed the salary of a good player etc. Don't think Philly would consider trading Simmons for 2 random 1sts, they'd probably have to be pretty high lottery picks in a good draft year.

Plus if you're doing this in the 2nd season, he's going to be playing for the Sixers in that time and improving unless you have him sit for the year by giving him the "personal reasons" injury (might be a good idea if you're going for the idea it's similar to the real life situation/Philly trying to move him) that would also realistically lower his value a bit sitting out an entire season.

Maybe save your game then sim to the expansion and see who's available then work it out from there. If you happen to pick up a good player that would suit the 76ers, maybe him and some picks. You won't really know until you get there tho. Of course if you aren't too fussed about being too realistic, send whoever you like or just some 1sts and see what happens.

Last edited by CSL; 12-08-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
Don't think Philly would consider trading Simmons for 2 random 1sts, they'd probably have to be pretty high lottery picks in a good draft year.
1sts from an expansion team should be expected to be high lottery.

Philly probably wouldn't think Simmons adds much to the win column since the surrounding talent would be G-League caliber. You're looking at a team comparable to OKC w/ Shai.

As an aside, I'm curious how an expansion draft would work when half the league hits free agency nowadays. Having one probably isn't even necessary, a team with a blank cap sheet could immediately become a contender if the NBA doesn't mandate early restrictions.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 12-09-2021 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:52 AM   #4
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

I did not do an expansion draft, but I had a thought that came to mind on Christmas Day. I wanted to play with the Kings. Philly wanted D’Aaron Fox in exchange for Simmons. I was surprised the Kings accepted the trade.

I made a few roster changes, by getting Duncan Robinson from Heat. Also able to get. Mohammed Bamba from Magic. All Ben is setup Heild and Halliburton. When defenses attack those two he either drives or dishes to Bamba or the rookie from Duke man getting old plays on my mind right now.

But this has reinvented Simmons. Funny thing is how the commentary picked up on this. In my second or third game they said the trade has allowed Simmons to get fresh start and things went south in Philly I was like WOW!!!!

Six games into this season we are 4 and 2 with loses or Bulls and Bucks. This has been a NICE myleague with Simmons.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »