Home

Eaglerock562 NBA 2K13 Association Guide - for the hardcore Association players

This is a discussion on Eaglerock562 NBA 2K13 Association Guide - for the hardcore Association players within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Eaglerock562 NBA 2K13 Association Guide - for the hardcore Association players

Hello community,

For those of you who don't know me I am a hardcore Association mode player and for the past 2 years I've gotten back into sports gaming when I bought my Xbox 360 and NBA 2K11. I had without a doubt an incredible 2K11 Association mode where I took my Lakers and Kobe Bryant through a successful 2010-11 season and ended it with a championship parade defeating the Miami Heat in 5 games. Unfortunately I was not able to get beyond the first year due to the game freezing up on me during the off season. With NBA 2K12, as much as I tried I just couldn't get into Association mode with the glitches and problems that everyone else had been experiencing so I spent most of my time playing online quick games to feed my 2K12 appetite, but now with NBA 2K13 I am looking forward to getting back into my Association game mode and commit to a rather very long one if I don't experience any glitches or freezing problems. So with that being said I am pleased to bring to all the other hardcore Association mode members my Official NBA 2K13 Association Guide. This can be used with any custom made or 2K roster set, but it was created as a guideline and reference key for the Hardcore Signature Gameplay roster set brought to you by myself and vtcrb with assistance from exogenesis, straightbaylien and tomba. I am extremely hard headed when it comes to dealing with accuracy within my Association because "everything" has to be accurate in order to work properly. With that being said I am going to begin posting the Association Guide, section by section and if anyone has any questions, or thoughts please feel free to share and I hope that your 2K13 Association mode experience is a great one and I hope that my work and guide provide making that experience even more enjoyable.

There will be certain sections of this Association Guide that was made specifically for the Hardcore Signature Gameplay roster, so users who are using another custom roster for their Association don't need to refer to those sections as they are used to get accurate simulated stats out of the roster set. Here is brief glimpse of what will be included in this guide...

• Section 1 - Draft picks involved in trades (2013-2017) **2013 and 2014 trades are located in my blog section**
  • Section 2 - NBA Amnesty Clause
  • Section 3 - Player Roles and Team Rotations for Hardwood Signature Gameplay + Universal Player Roles and Team Rotations for users to reference with any custom roster set (universal player roles and team rotations provided to me by bedwardsroy19)
  • Section 4 - Total Simulation Control Guidelines for Hardwood Signature Gameplay (but other roster sets could use them)
  • Section 5 - NBA Rookie and Minimum Salaries
  • Section 6 - Association Salary Cap Rules
  • Section 7 - List of players who did make 2012-13 opening night rosters but have been included in Hardwood Signature Gameplay roster set
  • Section 8 - 2012-13 NBA Transactions
  • Section 9 - Team Salaries & Player Contracts
  • Section 10 - Coaches Sliders for Hardwood Signature Gameplay
  • Section 11 - Association Free Agency Guidelines
  • Section 12 - Association Contracts Guidelines
If there is anything specific that anyone would like me to go over and post just let me know and I'll do my best to provide the information. When it comes to the NBA I have a huge database that I've kept for over 15 years which include boxscores, players career stats, coaches career stats, records, awards, anything you could think of I most likely have it.

First up will be future NBA draft picks involved in trades.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide

Last edited by Eaglerock562; 11-29-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Eaglerock562 NBA 2K13 Association Guide - for the hardcore Association players

Section 1 - Draft Pick Trades
(These trades should be made prior to your first Association game)

Below are the trades involving 2013 and 2014 first and second round picks. There are a few things though that you need to pay close attention to before executing these trades to get the proper draft picks to the right teams for the 2013 NBA draft following your first season.
  • A majority of the trades made involving draft picks were made with the stipulation that the draft picks were "lottery protected" or "protected".
  • A "lottery protected" or "protected" pick goes back to its original team if the pick is within the parameters of the protected area (example, if team A trades away their first round pick to team B, but the pick is a top-12 protected pick, that means that if that draft pick is pick #1-12 that it is given back to its original team, team A and they own the draft pick and will then surrender the following years draft pick to complete the trade).
2013 First Round Picks
Atlanta Hawks: Receives Houston's first-round pick from Nets via Joe Johnson trade on 7/11/12.

Charlotte Bobcats: Receives Portland's 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected through 2015) via the Gerald Wallace trade on 2/24/11. Receives Detroit's 2013 first-round pick (top-14 protected in 2013, top-8 protected in 2014, top-1 in 2015, unprotected in 2016) via the Corey Maggette trade on 6/26/12.

Chicago Bulls: Receives 2013 first-round (top-12 protected in 2013, top-10 in 2014, top-8 in 2015, unprotected in 2016) from the Charlotte Bobcats via the Tyrus Thomas trade on 2/18/10.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Miami's 2013 first-round pick (top-14 protected through 2016) via the LeBron James trade on 7/9/10. Receives Sacramento's 2013 first-round pick (top-13 protected in 2013, top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 in 2015-17; if not conveyed by 2017, receives 2017 second-round pick) via the J.J. Hickson trade on 6/30/11. Have the option to switch less favorable of their pick and Heat's with Lakers via Ramon Sessions trade on 3/15/12.

Houston Rockets: Receives Dallas' first-round pick (top-20 protected in 2013-17) from the L.A. Lakers via the Derek Fisher trade on 3/15/12. Receives Toronto's first-round pick (top-3 protected and 15-30 protected in 2013, top-2 protected and 15-30 protected in 2014-15, top-1 protected and 15-30 protected in 2016-17, unprotected in 2018) via Kyle Lowry trade on 7/11/12.

Miami Heat: Receives Philadelphia's 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected in 2013-15, unprotected in 2016) via Arnett Moultrie trade on 6/28/12.

Minnesota Timberwolves: Receives Memphis' 2013 first-round pick (top-14 protected through 2016) via Houston via the Shane Battier trade on 2/24/11. Receives Utah's 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected in 2013, top-9 protected from right to swap in 2014, else 2014 second-round pick) via the Al Jefferson trade on 7/13/10.

New Jersey Nets: Receives Houston's 2013 first-round pick (top-14 protected through 2016) via the Terrence Williams trade on 12/15/10.

Oklahoma City Thunder: Receives Toronto's 2013 first-round pick (top-3 protected and 13-15 protected in 2013, top-2 protected and 15-30 protected in 2014-15 and 15-30 protected in 2016-17, unprotected in 2018) and Dallas Maverick's first-round pick (top-20 protected in 2013-2017) from Houston via James Harden trade on 10/28/12.

Philadelphia 76ers: Receives Miami's 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected) via the Arnett Moultrie trade on 6/28/12.

Phoenix Suns: Receives L.A. Laker's 2013 first-round pick (less favorable) via the Steve Nash trade on 7/11/12. Receive the least favorable of Minnesota's first-round pick (Minnesota's pick is top-13 protected in 2013-14, top-12 protected in 2015-16; Grizzlies pick top-14 protected in 2013-16) via three-team trade with New Orleans Hornets on 7/27/12.

Utah Jazz: Receives Golden State's 2013 first-round pick (top-7 protected in 2013, top-6 protected in 2014, else 2014 and 2016 second-round picks) via Utah (from the Marcus Williams trade on 9/29/09) from the Deron Williams trade on 2/23/11.

2013 Second Round Picks
Atlanta Hawks: Receives conditional 2011 second-round pick (top-40 protected through 2016) from Houston via the David Andersen trade on 7/14/09. Pick won't transfer until a year after Rockets give Pistons a second-round pick as part of Chase Budinger trade.

Boston Celtics: Receives Minnesota's 2013 second-round pick (via Boston from the Delonte West trade on 7/26/10) via the Luke Harangody trade on 2/24/11.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Orlando's 2013 second-round pick via the Justin Harper trade on 6/23/11.

Denver Nuggets: Receives Golden State's 2013 second-round pick via New York via the Carmelo Anthony trade on 2/22/11. Receives Portland's 2013 second-round pick (top-40 protected in 2013, unprotected in 2014) via Andre Miller trade on 6/23/11.

Detroit Pistons: Receives L.A. Clippers 2013 second-round pick (top-55 protected) via the Alex Acker trade on 2/16/09.

Houston Rockets: Receive Charlotte's 2013 second-round pick from Boston, who received it from Thunder, via Courtney Lee trade on 7/20/12.

L.A. Lakers: Receives Memphis' 2013 second-round pick (top-55 protected) via the Chris Mihm trade on 2/18/09.

Minnesota Timberwolves: Receives Brooklyn's 2013 second-round pick via the Bojan Bogdanovic trade on 6/23/11; Receives Oklahoma City's 2013 second-round pick (if pick in 47-60) via the Lazar Hayward trade on 12/13/11.

Orlando Magic: Receive Golden State's 2013 second-round pick from Nuggets via Dwight Howard trade on 8/10/12.

Philadelphia 76ers: Receives New Orleans' 2013 second-round pick via the Marreese Speights trade on 1/4/12.

Phoenix Suns: Receives Denver's 2013 second-round pick from the Lakers (top-40 protected in 2013, unprotected in 2014), who acquired it in Chukwudiebere Maduabum trade, via Steve Nash trade on 7/11/12.

Utah Jazz: Receives Chicago's 2013 second-round pick via the Carlos Boozer trade on 7/8/10.

Washington Wizards: Receives New York's 2013 second-round pick via the Ronny Turiaf trade on 12/10/11.

Trades that do not involve any draft picks being protected will be in red font and can be made before you begin your first Association game. It is highly recommended that you run a 30 team user owned Association and you can choose to have the AI (your assistants) handle trades while you make the final decision. I will be posting the exact trades that users need to make in order to get these picks from one team to another especially those that traded away a draft pick that they received from another team in a prior trade.

Here is the link to the post outlining the way users should go about making sure that the draft picks are on the correct team. These are for only the trades that are highlighted in red because the draft picks involved were not protected picks. http://www.operationsports.com/Eagle...3-draft-picks/

Last edited by Eaglerock562; 01-23-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
MVP

Re: Eaglerock562 NBA 2K13 Association Guide - for the hardcore Association players

Section 2 - Amnesty Guide
(Users can refer to this as the new NBA CBA was implemented into 2K13)

**Quick side note - I removed the minutes and rotations from the guide. I do agree with those who posted below that the minutes did seem to be somewhat miscued and given that I just realized that certain players were not given the correct player role I don't want to post inaccurate minutes or rotations that would in any way lead to Association modes and sim stats being inaccurate. Thank you for your understanding and I will now have section 2 refer to the Amnesty Provision.**

The NBA's new Collective Bargaining Agreement was implemented into Association mode by 2K this year which means that teams who have those high team salaries (Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Heat, Nets) will be looking at being hit with the luxury tax that begins in the 2013-14 season. So below is a list of the team's who have used their one time Amnesty provision clause under the new CBA. The Amnesty provision allows a team to select a player and release him and not have the rest of his contract count against their salary cap or luxury tax. Teams can not amnesty a player who was signed or traded after the new CBA was signed.

Teams who have used their 1 time Amnesty Clause
Brooklyn Nets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Dallas Mavericks
Denver Nuggets
Golden State Warriors
Houston Rockets
Indiana Pacers
Los Angeles Clippers
Minnesota Timberwolves
New York Knicks
Orlando Magic
Philadelphia 76ers
Phoenix Suns
Portland Trail Blazers**
Washington Wizards

**Portland used their amnesty provision on Brandon Roy following Roy retiring, however after a year of inactivity, Roy returned to the NBA with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Teams who still have their Amnesty Clause w/players eligible
Atlanta Hawks - Al Horford
Boston Celtics - Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley
Charlotte Bobcats - Tyrus Thomas
Chicago Bulls - Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng and Joakim Noah
D
etroit Pistons - Charlie Villanueva and Greg Monroe
Los Angeles Lakers - Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Metta World Peace and Steve Blake
Memphis Grizzlies - Rudy Gay, Mike Conley and Zach Randolph
Miami Heat - Mike Miller, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Udonis Haslem, Mario Chalmers and Joel Anthony

Milwaukee Bucks - Drew Gooden and Larry Sanders
New Orleans Hornets - No eligible players
Oklahoma City Thunder - Kevin Durant, Kendrick Perkins, Thabo Sefolosha, Nick Collison

Sacramento Kings - John Salmons, DeMarcus Cousins and Francisco Garcia
San Antonio Spurs - Tony Parker, Matt Bonner and Cory Joseph
Toronto Raptors - Andrea Bargnani, Amir Johnson, Linas Kleiza and Ed Davis
Utah Jazz - Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward

Last edited by Eaglerock562; 11-22-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Instead of guys getting 7-8 minutes set those players should rotate with other benchwarmers. Ive seen where the 12 man gets minutes and he will throw off the sim stats and in will be subbed into real games for no good reason. Probably best to allocate all the minutes to the first 8-9 guys and rotate out other guys to level out games played.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #5
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Are you putting in accurate minutes or minutes that work with your roster, because I believe some of these are kind of off based on real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #6
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Are you putting in accurate minutes or minutes that work with your roster, because I believe some of these are kind of off based on real life
those defiantly not real life just by looking at the Cavs, but he mentions it in dark bold letters.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13
U should remove guys that r injured. But this thread is great.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-21-2012, 05:50 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't know if I am missing something, but don't OKC and Chicago have the amnesty option? I don't see them on the lists

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »