Old 09-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Rookie

akiracy's Arena

OVR: 7
2k9 Podcast Recap

http://dw.com.com/redir/fromthebleac...eachers;091708

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
more than anything i love the dynamicly changing AI aspect.. broken plays turn into AI tendency based movements and animations. "were gonna take this weapon away from you".. lovely

I also love the fact Rob mentioned playing a friend who does nothing but give kobe the ball. now your cpu teammates will dynamically adjust with that.

i also like the introduction of loyalty, playing for winners, greed, $$$$ type ratings and how THOSE too will dynamically change. ie, once a guy gets his payday, he may be more inclined to change his personaility and preferences
-player of the month rookies of the month, a rumor mill in association 2.0 as well as other things the espn article pointed out. players upset at not making the all star team. coach rumors.

-trade up to 4 players per team, 3 team trades, no interest meters

-nba 2k insider and living rosters is basically 2k's version of live 365, though they update the ratings manually instead of automated

-spoke about being able to add new content over time as well, adding or taking away abilities from players for example. they will add new animations this way as well.

i think they just 1 up'ed nba live 365 with this announcement

Last edited by 23; 09-17-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: podcast link now included
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 2k9 Podcast Recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
-player of the month rookies of the month, a rumor mill in association 2.0 as well as other things the espn article pointed out. players upset at not making the all star team. coach rumors.

-trade up to 4 players per team, 3 team trades, no interest meters

-nba 2k insider and living rosters is basically 2k's version of live 365, though they update the ratings manually instead of automated

-spoke about being able to add new content over time as well, adding or taking away abilities from players for example. they will add new animations this way as well.

i think they just 1 up'ed nba live 365 with this announcement
I don't
Old 09-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

No interest meters on trades? So what happens then? We just keep pitching until the CPU accepts, not knowing how close we are to making a deal? Or does the CPU give us some sort of feedback?

And they're going to add new animations over time? Hmm...Interesting, but sounds complicated?
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

I like what Im hearing.

I wish I could say "I like what I am seeing."
Old 09-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
Rookie

akiracy's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
No interest meters on trades? So what happens then? We just keep pitching until the CPU accepts, not knowing how close we are to making a deal? Or does the CPU give us some sort of feedback?

And they're going to add new animations over time? Hmm...Interesting, but sounds complicated?
i think he said the computer GM will make a counter offer and then you can tell what they are looking for. its more realistic this way, just harder to pull off trades
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

This is pretty good, especially the 2K Insider and living roster, its going to be really interesting on how this will work out.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
MVP

Glad the living rosters was confirmed, NBA Insider sounds cool, new animations dynamically added sounds hot. Im satisfied with the news(although we heard much of it prematurely).
Old 09-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #8
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

yea im glad the comp does counter trades instead of the interest meter i never was to found of that by the way

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »