Home

CPU controlled teams (starting lineup problem)

This is a discussion on CPU controlled teams (starting lineup problem) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 23
CPU controlled teams (starting lineup problem)

There are alot of guys who are ranked lower then others at their positions that are starting. Josh Boone who will start at center for NJ is one of the lower rated guys on the team. I have no problem with the ratings, but will the CPU take Boone out of the starting lineup during a season?

If this were the case then there are going to be ALOT of strange looking lineups with the way the ratings are this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: CPU controlled teams (starting lineup problem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
There are alot of guys who are ranked lower then others at their positions that are starting. Josh Boone who will start at center for NJ is one of the lower rated guys on the team. I have no problem with the ratings, but will the CPU take Boone out of the starting lineup during a season?

If this were the case then there are going to be ALOT of strange looking lineups with the way the ratings are this year.

I can almost guarantee this will still be a problem. Until they allow us to change the CPU's starting lineups this will be an issue.

The only workaround is to tweak the ratings and/or primary positions of certain players. Last year, I had to bump up S. Williams and Boone's ratings in order for them to start over Swift and Kristic. I usually give slight ratings increases in their best areas until they are the highest rated player at their position on the team.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 23

I had to do the same thing but its so damn annoying. Its too bad to because I like some of these ratings. It seems as if they didn't just rate someone higher then another because one is the starter.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

This is why overall rating needs to go!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
I had to do the same thing but its so damn annoying. Its too bad to because I like some of these ratings. It seems as if they didn't just rate someone higher then another because one is the starter.

I gotta agree. In old versions of Live and 2k you could control all of the depth charts but that was taken out in next gen. A former 2k dev gave me a reason why they couldnt do it a while back but I dont remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Yeah I hate this also.

Another work around I have been using to void this issue, is to select the maximum # of teams to control during season mode which is 8.

Even if I do not want to play the other team's games, this allows me to manage the maximum amount of depth charts available to the user during season mode.

Also, when you have control of these teams, you do not have to worry about the depth charts scrambling because the teams are user controlled.

Selecting 8 teams and setting their depth charts limits the amount of editing I need to do, in order to keep the rosters from scrambling.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Great post and I'd love to know if the late game computer AI sub problem is still in as well.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Maybe with the player roles and moods, the actual starters get the boost, while the better rated reserves get mad and lose some points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »