Home

So is 5 on 5 Online a Wash?

This is a discussion on So is 5 on 5 Online a Wash? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
So is 5 on 5 Online a Wash?

This was one of the features that I was really anticipating. So far I haven't been able to finish a game, hardly been able to get through the 1st quarter. This during extreme off hours.

Is this just going to be a wash for awhile or is there some major upgrade in the process? I feel a bit ripped off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: So is 5 on 5 Online a Wash?

You only feel ripped off because so far, you have been ripped off. The only people reporting lag free "5 on 5" are actually play 2 or 3 on 2 or 3.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 10-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel ripped off. I absolutely loved this game for the first day but now I realize its completely broken. Nothing about the online component is smooth, much less works. No games are ever found, Lag is severe in every game that is found.

Offline isn't so hot either right now with the cheap A.I on higher difficulties.

Im venting right now but I f'n hate this game
Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
You only feel ripped off because so far, you have been ripped off. The only people reporting lag free "5 on 5" are actually play 2 or 3 on 2 or 3.
I've played two 5 v 5 games, with all user controlled players and the experience was awesome...but, that's 2 out of 20 I've tried. 3 or 4 were really fun too, but it was 2 v 3 or 2 v 2. The rest of the time I could not get a connection or it lagged out so bad at the beginning I quit. I hope they fix this soon because 5 v 5 is insanely fun when it does not lag or there is very little lag. Even though I kept getting disconnected I still kept trying to get one because the experience is awesome when it works...keyword "when."
Old 10-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

2K are some bums. 3 days after release and the servers are still jacked. I feel fortunate to be able to have played when I did because I can't even get a game to finish now. The online problems are killing a great one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Does anyone know if NBA Live is having these same problems? The 5 on 5 usually can eliminate some of the flaws in the AI and might make me swap who I go with this year.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Damn I'm upset about the 5 on 5 too but it's plenty ofother things that can keep me occupied til they get the servers together. I could see if the game has been out for a month now and the servers are still shot to h3ll but it's been a week guys. I can understang you spent ya hard earned money and all that but sometimes cats on here just need to bring it down a notch man.

This same thing happened to Halo 3, Battlefield Bad Company, and some others the 1st week or so. Constructive criticism is one thing but being overly impatient is another.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

Halo's servers should not be compared to any sports game. They had 1,000,000 people online and the problems were not nearly as bad as these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »