Home

Slam dunk contest and Allstar weekend in 2k10?

This is a discussion on Slam dunk contest and Allstar weekend in 2k10? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Rookie

orrkl2002's Arena

OVR: 6
Slam dunk contest and Allstar weekend in 2k10?

Have these been implemented this year correctly? When I say correctly I mean in a real arena and in season and association mode. I know alot of people really didnt give it much of a try but the Dunk contest was very fun and alot more realistic than the competition. Once you put a little time in to learning how to play it, it was really fun but it was meaningless just being a sidebar game mode. I think it would have been accepted and enjoyed alot more if it had been put into the season modes where people had it in their face and could've bypassed it if they wanted to or tried it out and got good at it.

Allstar weekend is one of the most exciting parts of the basketball season and for a sim title like 2k to kinda downplay it the way it has kinda takes a little enjoyment from the entire sim basketball experience. I really hope they dont just remove it the way they did with the 2kcollege dunk contest a few years back. And Yes I know gameplay and everything else is more important but I dont know a Bball league or program in the world that fans and players dont look forward to allstar festivities. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Slam dunk contest and Allstar weekend in 2k10?

I agree with this espescially the 3-point competition, it just seems like it was thrown in there sort of feels like your just practicing
Old 08-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

orrkl2002's Arena

Yeah it does feel like a practice mode when playing it, and the funny thing is that the skills challenge is also in the game but it really is a practice mode.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree they need to add a "All-Star Weekend" to the franchise mode, where you do have the chance to play out the entire weekend with a: Skills Competition, 3-Point Contest, and Slam Dunk Contest(using current players from that season).
On another point I think NBA 2k10 needs to do a better job up keeping a stat tracker that includes All-Time stats and acknowldging when you break a record and even retiring numbers after so many seasons with a team. I like how Madden's franchise mode lets you actually feel like you're accomplishing something after playing season after season in franchise mode. I just want NBA 2K to get to that point.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

I think NBA Live has exclusive rights to NBA all star weekend.

Bring NFL 2k Football back

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
Rookie

orrkl2002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousAtticus
I agree they need to add a "All-Star Weekend" to the franchise mode, where you do have the chance to play out the entire weekend with a: Skills Competition, 3-Point Contest, and Slam Dunk Contest(using current players from that season).
On another point I think NBA 2k10 needs to do a better job up keeping a stat tracker that includes All-Time stats and acknowldging when you break a record and even retiring numbers after so many seasons with a team. I like how Madden's franchise mode lets you actually feel like you're accomplishing something after playing season after season in franchise mode. I just want NBA 2K to get to that point.

2k9 actually has this in the Asoociation mode, Im not sure about Numbers being retired though.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrkl2002
2k9 actually has this in the Asoociation mode, Im not sure about Numbers being retired though.
They do to an extent. But a lot of the players on the All-Time list's names are missing(not sure if its because of some copyright or something) in 2K9. I just feel like it was thrown in there, also they seem to only save the All-Time team stats of your current season w/ a lot of errors. Just some things they need to work on making better.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #8
Rookie

orrkl2002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Wills
I think NBA Live has exclusive rights to NBA all star weekend.

I dont think they can get exclusives to anything in the NBA, David Stern likes the competitive publicity of his brand so he wouldnt have let that happen, maybe a few sponsors but not the whole weekend as a whole though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »