Home

Old 10-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #9
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2k8.....lol

I notice 2k8 has those snack people walking around in the stands, does 2k10 have this?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

nba 2k8 has control, teammates that dont help out too much, and plays a truly decent game post patch with default settings... what happened?

To say it nicely, as nba 2k__ has gotten more popular, its gotten dare i say, worse. How can you regress as you raise popularity? I almost cant play 2k10 again after throwing in both 2k7 and 2k8.

its like a 3 year roller coaster thats been going on since the beginning of 2k sports:

2k: decent
2k1: better
2k2: likely the best
2k3: some would argue going downhill slightly
2k4: worse
2k5:the worst
2k6: a nextgen new beginning-------
2k7:better
2k8: the best? ----------
2k9: less control
2k10: downhill from 2k8?

maybe its my eyes or skewed p.o.v.. but throw in 2k7 or 2k8. Now I know control is not the key factor in making a game great as we all had wishes for 2k8 to get better. but looking at at the past and knowing what we have know, some of these older games gain a little bit of mystique to them, as they are now starting to stand out above the rest.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #11
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I owned 2K8 until as recently as last week. I'm not seeing how people think that 2K8 (or previous editions) are better than 2K10. The biggest thing to really enjoying (and learning to control) in 2K10 is adjusting to the changes that were implemented in those departments.

Yes, NBA 2K8 gave the user great control over the players, but it was also easy to rack up 30 assists per game with the Jason Kidds and Steve Nashes of the world. I hated 2K9 when it first dropped, but then I got accustomed to the fact that it just played differently than 2K8. In 2K9 and 10, you have to play BASKETBALL. In 2K8 and beyond, you had to play VIDEO GAME BASKETBALL.

For example, I was running a break yesterday with Terrence Williams. Anthony Johnson was attempting to cut my path to the basketball. Flashing back to personal basketball experiences, my instincts told me to crossover to the left and that will force my opponent to turn his hips therefore taking him out of the play defensively. My brain sent the message to my hands and Terrence Williams did exactly what I wanted him to do allowing my to finish the break with the slam, hoop, plus the harm. How is that not having control?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 06:31 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

i played 2k8 until 2k10 came out
Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

The perfect b-ball game for me would be 2K8 with all the new players, the updated presentation, and a few new dunk and layup animations. I'd play it forever. Oh yeah, and the new oops, the alleyoops in 2K8 aren't great. But it's so smooth. No horrendous frame rate problem. No auto back-down. Sweeet.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I owned 2K8 until as recently as last week. I'm not seeing how people think that 2K8 (or previous editions) are better than 2K10. The biggest thing to really enjoying (and learning to control) in 2K10 is adjusting to the changes that were implemented in those departments.

Yes, NBA 2K8 gave the user great control over the players, but it was also easy to rack up 30 assists per game with the Jason Kidds and Steve Nashes of the world. I hated 2K9 when it first dropped, but then I got accustomed to the fact that it just played differently than 2K8. In 2K9 and 10, you have to play BASKETBALL. In 2K8 and beyond, you had to play VIDEO GAME BASKETBALL.

For example, I was running a break yesterday with Terrence Williams. Anthony Johnson was attempting to cut my path to the basketball. Flashing back to personal basketball experiences, my instincts told me to crossover to the left and that will force my opponent to turn his hips therefore taking him out of the play defensively. My brain sent the message to my hands and Terrence Williams did exactly what I wanted him to do allowing my to finish the break with the slam, hoop, plus the harm. How is that not having control?
2k8's game-play is flat out better the 10, to me it is. The player feel less robotic in 2k8 then they do in 2k10.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 10-19-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
nba 2k8 has control, teammates that dont help out too much, and plays a truly decent game post patch with default settings... what happened?

To say it nicely, as nba 2k__ has gotten more popular, its gotten dare i say, worse. How can you regress as you raise popularity? I almost cant play 2k10 again after throwing in both 2k7 and 2k8.

its like a 3 year roller coaster thats been going on since the beginning of 2k sports:

2k: decent
2k1: better
2k2: likely the best
2k3: some would argue going downhill slightly
2k4: worse
2k5:the worst
2k6: a nextgen new beginning-------
2k7:better
2k8: the best? ----------
2k9: less control
2k10: downhill from 2k8?

maybe its my eyes or skewed p.o.v.. but throw in 2k7 or 2k8. Now I know control is not the key factor in making a game great as we all had wishes for 2k8 to get better. but looking at at the past and knowing what we have know, some of these older games gain a little bit of mystique to them, as they are now starting to stand out above the rest.
I know it's all opinion based, but I feel there has been no NBA2K worse than ESPN NBA Basketball 2004. I don't even feel it's close. 2K5 felt like the real sequel to 2K3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2Stapleton
i played 2k8 until 2k10 came out
Me too, I thought 2K8 was very fun. I played three full 82-game season in Association mode with the Bulls, it was great.

I'm enjoying 2K10 as well though. Just wish the controls were a little tighter.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »