Home

Am I the only one...

This is a discussion on Am I the only one... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Am I the only one...

...who thinks that Kwame Brown is really good in this game? During my Bobcats association (granted, it's only on Pro with sim sliders, 9 minute quarters), I would easily average 10pt+ and 10+ rebounds with him. You just have to know how to use him right. The trick is to get him the ball deep in the post and let him draw a lot of contact and use the hop step post move. He sucks at finishing, but I wager to say that 75-80% of the points I got with him were on FTs.

He's certainly no Dwight Howard, but he's been doing a great job as my starting center. Maybe it's just the Pro setting that is inflating his stats.

Has anyone else had any success with him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Am I the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussian
...who thinks that Kwame Brown is really good in this game? During my Bobcats association (granted, it's only on Pro with sim sliders, 9 minute quarters), I would easily average 10pt+ and 10+ rebounds with him. You just have to know how to use him right. The trick is to get him the ball deep in the post and let him draw a lot of contact and use the hop step post move. He sucks at finishing, but I wager to say that 75-80% of the points I got with him were on FTs.

He's certainly no Dwight Howard, but he's been doing a great job as my starting center. Maybe it's just the Pro setting that is inflating his stats.

I have played with my Bobcats on HOF mode ever since I got the game almost. Once you play on this mode and also use challenging sliders, Kwame is almost a waste of space.

The sliders I use make it near impossible to back down in the lane and only look for contact. You have to have a solid post game to score consistently and frankly Kwame does not. I usually end up using DJ White instead because the guy is strong as an ox. He can get the position he wants. I actually shoot with him maybe twice a game, and Kwame seldom sheds the warm up suit.

NBA 2K11- Cleavland Cavs 3-0

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS FAN FOR LIFE
Old 08-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

this game has flaws that allow scrubs and role players to dominate
Old 08-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats55
I have played with my Bobcats on HOF mode ever since I got the game almost. Once you play on this mode and also use challenging sliders, Kwame is almost a waste of space.

The sliders I use make it near impossible to back down in the lane and only look for contact. You have to have a solid post game to score consistently and frankly Kwame does not. I usually end up using DJ White instead because the guy is strong as an ox. He can get the position he wants. I actually shoot with him maybe twice a game, and Kwame seldom sheds the warm up suit.
Yeah, I figured it was the difficulty that was making him so good. Frankly, I'm just not good enough to play on anything higher than pro/sim at the moment. I may up the difficulty to All-Star (that's the next one, right?) for my next season just to see how it goes.

As for DJ White, I have to agree. He's very underrated. Strong, and good at finishing underneath the basket. I play him at the 5 when needed, but he sometimes gets picked on because of his size.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussian

I play on allstar and he sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

I agree that he's a good player, in my Lakers association I traded Theo Ratliff and a 2012 second round pick for him and I honestly don't regret it, I don't like second round picks too much anyways.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Lol I can't use Kwame he's horrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »