Home

Commentary vs. On-court action

This is a discussion on Commentary vs. On-court action within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Commentary vs. On-court action

Just looking at the various vids and notice the commentary sometimes doesn't match the action on the court. The latest vids Trailblazers/Grizzs at the 2:20 or so mark the shooter misses. Yet he says that "The defense doesn't close out and the shooter makes him pay". Pay for a miss? I don't get it. There are other things. I really hope 2K goes through their code and make sure the appropriate lines are played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: Commentary vs. On-court action

What 2K does with commentary is really something else, but I think with NBA 2K it's a little too wordy and sometimes that gets out of sync. This commentary has expanded into a vast database of sound that really is something to behold, but sometimes the chatter is just a tad too much for my liking.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

The play by play has always been weak in this series. Commentators don't speak that way in every play.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

That may be interesting...

Quote:
2KSports Tune into the @DamonBruce show on @KNBR at 2 PM PST to hear Kevin Harlan talk #NBA2K11 with the radio guru himself

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Even if it's not 100% what happens on the court, the commentary still feels natural to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
What 2K does with commentary is really something else, but I think with NBA 2K it's a little too wordy and sometimes that gets out of sync. This commentary has expanded into a vast database of sound that really is something to behold, but sometimes the chatter is just a tad too much for my liking.
I actually love the fact it seems like they are holding a conversation related to action and/or player on the court. But i do agree that it can be the reason why the commentary gets out of sync with the action. This the weakest part of the game by far. I also remember sometime playing games in association at start Clark would be talking about a player being injured and missing the game and he was right there in the starting line-up. This could be my fault as sometime when simming i would disable injuries and anyone with previous injuries would be healed in a day and not be out the "X" amout of days/weeks that the "Trainer" said they would be.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

It depends on how you take it in, He was saying that the defender didn't play tight enough d or step up to contend and the shooter made him pay but putting up a well placed shot even thought it didn't go in. Pretty commen sense though it didn't go in. That just shows good fundamentals but the shot just didn't have enough umph behind it
Old 09-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

2k commentary stinks on ice. Apart from the great incorporation of in-season stats that 2k has, the announcers themself stink, their content stinks, the flow stinks, hearing the same personalized spiel about a player 10 times a game stinks, everything stinks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »